ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (G) to ILR Documents Check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 (G) to ILR Documents Check

Post by faridds » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi All

I entered UK on T2 G visa on 28th Oct 2015, my current leave is valid until Nov 2021. I will be submitting my ILR application on Friday 30th October.

I have made list of below documents:

1. LIUK Test Reference
2. UK Master Degree
3. Aug, Sep and Oct payslip
4. Last three Months Bank statement
5. Letter of employment for foreseeable future
6. Letter of absence from the UK from employer
7. Scanned copy of passport and all pages
8. BRP

Am I missing any documents?

My salary has been increased from £34,000 to £40,000 in April this year? This was done as part of annual appraisal on the basis of my performance. My company does annual appraisal each year on April for all employees. Now it’s been almost seven months since my pay rise, is this going to cause any issue in my application? I hope this is not going to create red flag as my previous salary was very close to ILR minimum required salary and does not look like artificially inflated for ILR purpose.

Secondly, after booking appointment for biometric, is it possible to change booking if I get something earlier?

I look forward to assistance from members of this forum.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 (G) to ILR Documents Check

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:08 am

1) Documents look fine.

2) £6000 increase is a big jump given when corona just hit too. It could possibly raise a red flag but if your employer reported it correctly and it was not only you who got the rise, you should be okay. But you may expect extra checks.

3) Once you book, you can not view the availability unless you cancel your appointment first.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:24 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:08 am
1) Documents look fine.

2) £6000 increase is a big jump given when corona just hit too. It could possibly raise a red flag but if your employer reported it correctly and it was not only you who got the rise, you should be okay. But you may expect extra checks.

3) Once you book, you can not view the availability unless you cancel your appointment first.
Thanks CULLINAN

Appraisal was done prior to COVID with new pay from April. People on different banding gets fixed rise on salary as per ratings, I achieved rating of 5 on 5 and on my band I got pay rise of £6k. This is company wide policy and several other people got this. Since this was part of annual pay review this was not reported but I insisted HR to report this in August and was reported on SMS in August. Since I have got a year left on current leave, Shall I wait for few more months before I submit my ILR application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 am

Were you meeting the salary threshold before the pay rise?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:29 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 am
It was £34k prior to pay rise

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:32 am

faridds wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:29 am
CULLINAN wrote:
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/sala ... 37783.html

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:38 am

As the salary threshold is £35800 and you did not meet it before the annual pay rise, I think it will definitely raise a red flag even if you apply now or later.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:41 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:32 am
faridds wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:29 am
CULLINAN wrote:
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/sala ... 37783.html
Thanks CULLINAN

I have prepared below letter to be signed by HR

Letter of Employment for The Foreseeable Future

Home Office​
Date: 30th October 2020

To whom it may concern

Name: xxx
Nationality: Indian
Date of Birth: xxx

We are writing this letter in support of the application submitted by our employee XXX for him to be granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
We confirm that XXX has been employed full time with XXX in the UK since 02nd November 2015. He was therefore spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK working for the company.
We confirm that XXX is currently employed in the position of Financial Accounting Manager and his gross annual salary is £40,000 per annum based on 37.50 hours / week. We also confirm that this salary will be paid for the foreseeable future. We confirm that his jobs match SOC Code 3538. Mr XXX, therefore, receives above minimum salary required for this ole.
We also confirm that we still require Mr XXX in this role of Financial Accounting Manager in the UK for the foreseeable future.

We also confirm the authenticity of the payslips provided in support of his UK immigration application.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours Sincerely

HR Manager
For and on behalf of XXX

Letter of Absence from the United Kingdom
Home Office​
Date: 30th October 2020

To whom it may concern

Name: XXX
Nationality: Indian
Date of Birth: XXX

We are writing this letter in support of the application submitted by our employee XXX for him to be granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
We confirm that XXX has been employed full time with XXX in the UK since 02nd November 2015. He was therefore spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK working for the company.
The following are dates detailing his absence from the UK. Please note that he was paid full time salary during these holidays.
He was absent from the United Kingdom for the following periods
Sr.
Date Out
Date In
Total Days
Description Reason

10/12/2016
09/01/2017
Annual Paid Holiday
26/05/2019
09/07/2019
Annual Paid Holiday

We also confirm the authenticity of the payslips provided in support of his UK immigration application.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours Sincerely

HR Manager
For and on behalf of XXX

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:43 am

All looks fine. But expect extra checks. Good luck.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:38 am
As the salary threshold is £35800 and you did not meet it before the annual pay rise, I think it will definitely raise a red flag even if you apply now or later.
I understand that it will raise question but increment was genuine, Many people would have had applied for ILR after increment which are genuine. This has got nothing to do with my ILR minimum salary or whatsoever. Even I would have got pay rise of 2% this year and 2% next year, I would have met ILR salary next year for my ILR. Shall I send all my quarterly appraisal review form and annual pay rise letter in support of my application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:52 am

I can not really answer how HO will deal with this pay rise. All I can say is that this is a HUGE jump which may raise a red flag. HO will make their own investigations and as long they are happy, you will be okay.

Did you get any pay rise before this?

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:41 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:52 am
I can not really answer how HO will deal with this pay rise. All I can say is that this is a HUGE jump which may raise a red flag. HO will make their own investigations and as long they are happy, you will be okay.

Yes pay rise every year in April but in last fours years it was between £2-3k as my rating was between 3 and 4

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:38 am

:oops:
faridds wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:41 am
CULLINAN wrote:

Yes pay rise every year in April but in last fours years it was between £2-3k as my rating was between 3 and 4
I could have been eligible for ILR with £3k pay rise this year which was in line with last 4 years pay rise. I got pay rise of £6k because of my rating of 5. This pay rise should not look artificial plus I have got one more year left on my current leave. It is not like that my pay been increased from 28/30k to £36k just before two/three months before expiry of my current leave. Any opinion on my case would be highly appreciated. I am confused now.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 pm

faridds wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:38 am
faridds wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

I could have been eligible for ILR with £3k pay rise this year which was in line with last 4 years pay rise. I got pay rise of £6k because of my rating of 5. This pay rise should not look artificial plus I have got one more year left on my current leave. It is not like that my pay been increased from 28/30k to £36k just before two/three months before expiry of my current leave. Any opinion on my case would be highly appreciated. I am confused now.
Thanks
Pay rise is one thing, company realising they are paying an applicant below requirement and then increasing it to be compliant with the requirements guidelines of applicant's visa is another.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:52 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 pm
faridds wrote:
faridds wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks
Pay rise is one thing, company realising they are paying an applicant below requirement and then increasing it to be compliant with the requirements guidelines of applicant's visa is another.
Would it still cause issue if pay rise was genuine and it happened as part of annual appraisal at same time as every year and pay rise for all not just for me (though different amount based on individual rating)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:25 pm

faridds wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:52 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
faridds wrote:
faridds wrote:

Thanks
Would it still cause issue if pay rise was genuine and it happened as part of annual appraisal at same time as every year and pay rise for all not just for me (though different amount based on individual rating)?
Even if HO has cause for concerns and investigates, so far your claims and response from your company can be corroborated, they have got to let it go and give you yours.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:25 pm
faridds wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:52 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
faridds wrote:

Thanks
Even if HO has cause for concerns and investigates, so far your claims and response from your company can be corroborated, they have got to let it go and give you yours.

Would this still make a problem if I submit my application on or after 01st December as ILR minimum salary then would change to £26500.00?

a00093
Newly Registered
India

Post by a00093 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:08 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... le__1_.pdf

Go to page 232 and 233

As per my understanding, the new rules after Dec 1 will be applied to all existing Tier 2 (General) workers who is extending their stay as skilled worker and applying for ILR.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 am

Hi All

I submitted my application on 30th Oct and have had my biometric on 09th Nov. While uploading documents on UKCVAS, I uploaded scanned copies of my first and last page of my passport, visa vignette along with pages with Airport stamps to prove my exit and entry from country. I have not scanned all other blank pages. I have also had student visa back in 2011, I have not scanned that page either. Is it mandatory to scan all pages of passport? If yes then can I post the scanned copy to Home Office now ? If yes then I would appreciate if I could know which address to post to?

I have applied for ILR under T2 G, first entered UK on this category in October 2015.
Thanks for help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:30 am

faridds wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 am
Hi All

I submitted my application on 30th Oct and have had my biometric on 09th Nov. While uploading documents on UKCVAS, I uploaded scanned copies of my first and last page of my passport, visa vignette along with pages with Airport stamps to prove my exit and entry from country. I have not scanned all other blank pages. I have also had student visa back in 2011, I have not scanned that page either. Is it mandatory to scan all pages of passport? If yes then can I post the scanned copy to Home Office now ? If yes then I would appreciate if I could know which address to post to?

I have applied for ILR under T2 G, first entered UK on this category in October 2015.
Thanks for help
Though the actual stand of HO on this not known by me but for a document like passport, it does not cost anything to scan ALL pages including old one that has travel history on it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:56 am

faridds wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 am
Hi All

Thanks for help
Your qualifying period is 5 years on Tier 2G only. As long you have scanned bio pages and the stamps covering the 5 years on Tier 2G, nothing else is needed.

faridds
Newly Registered
India

Post by faridds » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:54 pm

Thank you very much for your kind reply