ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by poper » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:25 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Haha! Well even with that heads up I saw the timeline thread jump to the top and my heart did a little skip until I saw the username :lol: Thank you for updating it, though! It's now on the spreadsheet :)
+ 1 :lol:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 pm

@Ajitu92

You must be jotting dates even in your dreams :lol:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 pm
@Ajitu92

haha, I wish I could say that my dreams are reserved for 8 balling/crystal balling the UKVI/Home office Set (LR) processing progress and process, but that would be a lie...all I see is numbers and dates and graphs 😂
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:25 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Haha! Well even with that heads up I saw the timeline thread jump to the top and my heart did a little skip until I saw the username :lol: Thank you for updating it, though! It's now on the spreadsheet :)
+ 1 :lol:
@ajitu92 + @proper: :oops:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:35 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

haha, I wish I could say that my dreams are reserved for 8 balling/crystal balling the UKVI/Home office Set (LR) processing progress and process, but that would be a lie...all I see is numbers and dates and graphs 😂
I can imagine 🤦‍♂️
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:35 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

I can imagine 🤦‍♂️
You don't even want to know what a graphic nightmare looks like...and I don't meant the gory kind 😂
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

translationlibration
Newly Registered
China

Post by translationlibration » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 pm

damWills1984 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:36 am
translationlibration wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:46 am
Anyone heard anything about FLR(M) recently? Do you know what application time they're currently processing applications for? And is it worth escalating by email or phone at all?

Many thanks, the wait is agonising... :(

Mine took under 12 weeks
Applied, 5th August
IDV , 10 Sep
Decision, 26 Oct
Thanks for the timeline which is similar to mine! I applied 19th August, got invited to use the app on 5th September and did the verification on the same day. Fingers crossed I shan't have much longer to wait then...?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 pm

@ajitu92 @CULLINAN you guys are rock!! :wink:

You making me laugh 😂 I dream about dates and HO stats too 😂

@poper I agree that SET(LR) is following Linear regression we are everyday expecting dates, however, SET(M) model made me take a data science course just to understand the HO random model. I wish the Neural Network Unsupervised Deep Learning would allow us to understand SET(M) mistery :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Ameline wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 pm
Hope your husband does not hear you murmur dates and stats while sleeping too!! :lol:

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:13 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm
Ameline wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 pm
Hope your husband does not hear you murmur dates and stats while sleeping too!! :lol:
He does, they just made us all insane 😂😂😂

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:49 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 pm
Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:46 pm

@ajitu92 Great work as always, thank you! I totally feel you and @proper, I myself is a mid-September applicant and already start checking the timeline every hour or so. (Well I haven’t yet put my timeline down officially, just don’t want you all to get adrenaline rush for seeing a new post then get disappointed that it’s just another pending case, but set to do it once Nov starts)
My pleasure! :) Still a while to go for us September applicants, but it will come eventually! Just a matter of time now. Why don't you go ahead and update it anyway? :)
I was not including my timeline for the same reason but have just done so incase it helps. Thanks for all the stats @ajitu92!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:53 pm

user5 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:49 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 pm
Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:46 pm

@ajitu92 Great work as always, thank you! I totally feel you and @proper, I myself is a mid-September applicant and already start checking the timeline every hour or so. (Well I haven’t yet put my timeline down officially, just don’t want you all to get adrenaline rush for seeing a new post then get disappointed that it’s just another pending case, but set to do it once Nov starts)
My pleasure! :) Still a while to go for us September applicants, but it will come eventually! Just a matter of time now. Why don't you go ahead and update it anyway? :)
I was not including my timeline for the same reason but have just done so incase it helps. Thanks for all the stats @ajitu92!
Yeah, I saw it and already added it to my spreadsheet! Thank you for updating it! :)
P.S: Heart did the same skippy thing again, same as when @Anotherhustler4vis added to the timeline 😂

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:55 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:30 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Yes I soon as I get the email I will! I feel it is just like you said one or two days hopefully.
Yes I have checked just now!- mine remains the same. Have you? I used my biometric number to check.
Would be good to know when the changes come into place!
Still saying BRP is expired or lost. I'd check every 2 to 3 hours. I hope the approvals arrive fast.
Hiii Amy, have you heard anything back? I believe we are the remaining 5 from July on the LR thread that havent heard back yet!
Correct. Yourself, Amy_R88, Shah09, Rafastaa and waqas40581 are the ones remaining from July. Don't worry, your decision should be imminent too.
Not yet. Still waiting. Not heard anything yet. I wonder what's going on.

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:34 am

Hi all,

A quick one, I asked my HR department at work to do a work status check on me as I couldn't check given my BRP has expired. It returned a positive verification notice "This person has the right to work subject to the restrictions in section 4" and in section 4 it says No Restrictions. Is this the case for all positive checks even if you are on a limited leave to remain or could it be an indication that a decision has been made on the ILR?

Many thanks

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:53 pm
Yeah, I saw it and already added it to my spreadsheet! Thank you for updating it! :)
P.S: Heart did the same skippy thing again, same as when @Anotherhustler4vis added to the timeline 😂
Hopefully a lot of people will get approvals soon so that after the skippy thing there is a payoff 😹

james8943
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by james8943 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:43 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 pm
@James8943

I completely understand your frustration which is clearly justified given you have been waiting for a long time. The service standard for FLR(M) is 8 weeks. However, due to covid, service standards can not be questioned.. did you try contacting HO so far? Did you receive any kind of generic emails/correspondence to your contact (if any)?

When did you provide biometrics?
Hey Cullinan - late reply and 20 odd pages later as I don't use this forum much but am checking back in now as we reach the 6 month point this weekend. Have appreciated your replies so far, thank you!

So we did biometrics on the 29th Aug (re-use on the app). I haven't contacted the HO yet, I was hoping it would resolve itself as the need hasn't been super pressing, but more frustrating. However it's now becoming more pressing so looks like that might be the next step. Any thoughts - is 6 months acceptable or should I be chasing? Thanks again

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 am

@ajitu92 - Please could I ask if you have recorded any decisions this week for Set 0

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 am

james8943 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:43 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@James8943

I completely understand your frustration which is clearly justified given you have been waiting for a long time. The service standard for FLR(M) is 8 weeks. However, due to covid, service standards can not be questioned.. did you try contacting HO so far? Did you receive any kind of generic emails/correspondence to your contact (if any)?

Hey Cullinan - late reply and 20 odd pages later as I don't use this forum much but am checking back in now as we reach the 6 month point this weekend. Have appreciated your replies so far, thank you!

So we did biometrics on the 29th Aug (re-use on the app). I haven't contacted the HO yet, I was hoping it would resolve itself as the need hasn't been super pressing, but more frustrating. However it's now becoming more pressing so looks like that might be the next step. Any thoughts - is 6 months acceptable or should I be chasing? Thanks again
Yes you may chase HO after 6 months mark. If it does not help, consider involving your local MP.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 am

user5 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:53 pm
Hopefully a lot of people will get approvals soon so that after the skippy thing there is a payoff 😹
Haha, such is the hope! 😂

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 am

gag285 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 am
@ajitu92 - Please could I ask if you have recorded any decisions this week for Set 0
@gag285 Apologies, I am only recording Set (LR) so no idea about Set (O) :(

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:02 pm

gag285 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 am
None this week from non IDV yet.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 pm

I will reach my 8 weeks trademark of the IDV submission on Saturday. If I get back anything back by the end of this week then it will be great otherwise I will have to think about something else.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:18 pm

james8943 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:43 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@James8943

You could try FLRMDocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk, i got a reply from them a few weeks before I got my decision saying my application docs + biometrics are complete, just awaiting processing.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Y'all it's finally FINALLY over. I am crying, this is such a huge weight off my shoulders.
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 pm
Applied for ILR Route : Set(M)
Date application sent : August 4, 2020
Type of application : Standard application (premium not available)
Payment debited: August 4, 2020
Documents submitted to UKVI using "Submit" option: August 5, 2020
Email re biometric reuse / IDV app: August 27, 2020
Email invitation to use IDV app: September 4, 2020 - decided to book an appointment instead
Date Biometrics Enrolled: booked for September 7, 2020 (Lansdowne Road, £62.99 standard appointment)
Decision Letter received: n/a
BRP Card Received: October 29
Now for the fun part: after my biometrics on September 7 I have received ZERO communication whatsoever from the Home Office. So imagine my surprise when the decision letter with the BRP attached came through my post today!!

No emails of any kind - I never received the generic delay emails, no decision letter via email. What's more hilarious is that I emailed "moon man" on the Set (M) email address that was posted on this forum about 1.5 weeks ago and also never received any response.

But whatever, out of the black hole that is the ****ing Home Office, I've finally received an answer and I am a permanent resident.

See y'all in the citizenship forum!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi all,

Finally, it's here.

I got my indefinite today at 8:20am.

Thank you, everyone. I will update my time for others to see.
Be encouraged its on it's way.