ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:47 am

Dear friends,

Hope everyone are well and safe.

I will be eligible for ILR exactly this time next year and I am trying to compile as many documents and evidences as possible in advance.

My questions:

1. I traveled abroad for 25 days during my previous employment while utilizing annual leave. Should I contact my previous employer for absence letter now or wait till near my application time?

2.The days an applicant travels out and returns back to UK: do these 2 days get counted as days of absences outside UK?

3. I was a rented tenant in my previous 2 residences before buying my current home with a mortgage. What documents are required to prove my previous and current residences? Till now I have collected only the local council tax statements and water bills as my electricity providers were changed every year.

4. My current Tier 2 visa was approved in june 2019. My previous BRP was valid till November 2019. I returned my previous BRP to the Home office and worked at my previous employer till July 2019 and then joined my current NHS training job after an 11 day break. As my current BRP started in August 2019, would there be an issue raised later for having worked for my previous employer till the last week of July 2019?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Lancsmedic

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application questions

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:20 pm

1. Maybe speaking with them now to collect it very close to the date of application be a better idea.

2. NO

3. Usually nothing is being asked regarding previous accommodations but if that gets asked then generally it is only related to recent one. For this purpose, mortgage statement, title register and council tax (optional) should be suffice.

4. As long as the employer had updated to UKVI in timely then there shouldnt be any issue. However, you can read about tier 2 at below:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR Application questions

Post by lancsmedic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 pm

A belated thanks for your reply.

I checked the last Home Office approval email: it clearly states I could continue with my previous NHS job until the start date of my current NHS training job. My apologies for not reading this aspect of the email before posting my previous question.

My questions at this point for ILR in October 2021 are:

1. Can I only collect documents to prove my occupation and ownership of my current home from last year September 2019 and stop thinking of needing to prove my previous stay as a rented tenant from 2016 to 2019. Means that I show proof of abode of only my current address to the Home Office for ILR in October 2021.

2. My first nationality required police registration which I complied with within 3 days of initially arriving in UK. The first address mentioned in my police certificate is the bed and breakfast hotel I lived in for 2 weeks. Unfortunately I did not update my first home address with the police until 18 months after living as a tenant in my first residence. I eventually went to the police station and the friendly ladies updated my address while I offered my apologies as I was busy in my hospital job and personal life. Since then my Tier 2 visa has been extended twice in 2018 and 2019 without issues. The Home office were always provided with scans of my police certificate in my previous Tier 2 visa applications. I have been updating my addresses with local police stations on a timely basis since my first error. My current home was added to my police certificate nearly 4 months after moving in but the friendly officers in the local police station told me not to worry as they cannot register everyone within 7 days of address changes because of staff shortages.

My question would be: would my ILR application next year be refused if I updated my first address in my police registration certificate 18 months after starting to live as a tenant?

As I mentioned the Home Office surprisingly approved my previous Tier 2 extensions without issues so I hope it should not be a problem for my ILR in October 2021.

My apologies for the long story about my life so far as a Tier 2 doctor in the NHS.

Hope and pray everyone stays and remains safe in this coronavirus pandemic!

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Dear friends,

Hope everyone are well and safe.

I will be eligible for ILR in October 2021 as an NHS sponsored doctor.

My questions are:

1. I am currently living in my 3rd and final residence until I achieve ILR. I purchased my home last year and will only provide my current home's council tax bills, utility bills and mortgage statements. I may not provide my previous 2 residence documents as this is not listed as mandatory documents in the ILR application checklist. Would only the documents pertaining to my current home be acceptable to apply for ILR?

2. My first nationality required police registration which I complied with within 3 days of initially arriving in UK. The first address mentioned in my police certificate is the bed and breakfast hotel I lived in for 2 weeks. Unfortunately I did not update my first home address with the police until 18 months after living as a tenant in my first residence. I eventually went to the police station and the friendly ladies updated my address while I offered my apologies as I was busy in my hospital job and personal life. Since then my Tier 2 visa has been extended twice in 2018 and 2019 without issues. The Home office were always provided with scans of my police certificate in my previous Tier 2 visa applications. I have been updating my addresses with local police stations on a timely basis since. My current home was added to my police certificate nearly 4 months after moving in but the friendly officers in the local police station told me not to worry as they cannot register everyone within 7 days of address changes because of staff shortages.

My question would be: would my ILR application next year be refused if I updated my first address in my police registration certificate 18 months after starting to live as a tenant?

As I mentioned the Home Office surprisingly approved my previous Tier 2 extensions without issues so I hope it should not be a problem for my ILR in October 2021.

3. I gained a second citizenship through ancestral heritage in 2018 which does not require UK police registration. The UK government and various local police websites states a dual national with one nationality requiring and the other not requiring police registration is exempt from registering with the police. As i gained a second nationality in 2018, would I be allowed to be exempt from police registration which was imposed because of my first nationality in 2016?

https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-po ... o-register
You don’t need to register if you have dual nationality with one of these countries and a country that’s not on the list.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice ... -register/
If you have dual nationality with one country in the list above and one country that is not, you don’t need to register with the police.

The reason I ask this question is because the UKVI staff informed me by email recently I was required to continue updating my registration with police despite being a dual national (one requiring and one not requiring police registration) which is completely opposite to the information given in the UK government and local UK police websites.

4. Would I be required to provide details of details of annual leaves days availed inside the UK for my ILR application? I was under the impression I was only required to provide annual leave days for time spent outside the UK in the form of an absence letter from my past and current employers. The reason I ask this question is because of a standard reply email from Health Education England (HEE) relating to requesting an ILR application support letter:

Email from Tier 2 team at Health Education England:

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)

If you are planning to apply for ILR in the future, please note you will need to provide confirmation from your employers (i.e. Trusts) of all leave taken whilst sponsored by HEE as this data is not held centrally. Types of leave include:

Annual Leave (including time outside of the UK)
Unpaid Leave
Study Leave (outside of the UK)
Any maternity, paternity or parental leave
Any unauthorised absence - you will need to liaise with your HR Departments to provide this evidence to cover all your training posts.

It will be useful for you to request this information throughout your training whilst rotating to all the different Trusts.
Please keep this information safely, as the Overseas Sponsorship Team who are responsible for your sponsorship will require this when compiling your letter for an ILR application.
Please note that the final letter will be provided within 5 working days once all the information requested has been received.

My apologies for the long story about my life so far as a Tier 2 doctor in the NHS.

Thanks again and hope everyone stays safe and well

Lancsmedic