ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Handwriting on referee forms

Post by walawala » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Dear experts,
Could you please help me with a potential issue? I have got my referees to sign my referee forms but I noticed that they actually forgot to write my name on the first page where my photo is. They filled in and signed the second page with their own handwriting. When I noticed that they forgot to write my name on the form, I filled it in myself but obviously it's not the same handwriting. This is a genuine ommission but js it going to cause any issues or the caseworker will not care as long as the referees are genuine and they signed and dated the form themselves?

One of my referees is now on annual leave so won't be available to sign a new form for about 2 weeks so it's not really an option.

Thanks for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Handwriting on referee forms

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:13 pm

No issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by walawala » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Thanks very much. That's a relief.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrduplicity » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:19 pm

I did the exact same thing. Referee forgot to write my name so I just filled it in myself. I was worried too but my application was approved. Good luck!

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Application form question

Post by walawala » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:04 am

Good morning,

I am a Nigerian national married to a Polish/British citizen. I came to the UK in 2013 as a family member of my Polish husband exercising EU Treaty rights. I received my BRP in 2018 on this basis, as a EEA national's family member. My husband has since naturalised as a BC. I will use the married to a British national 3 year route.

What should I answer to the following question on the form?

The question is “are you either:”
*An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
*A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

Do I need to provide my old residence card (immigration status document) that was issues under EU law after we came to the country and before I got my permanent residence card (BRC) in 2018 to cover the previous 3 years and prove I was here legally, or only my current permanent residence card?

Thank you.

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Re: Application form question

Post by walawala » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:40 am

Can somebody please see if they can advise? Thank you.

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Covet letter

Post by walawala » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi,

Could somebody please help me with a cover letter template? I got my previous employment dates wrong on the application form (most of them just by a few days but one of them by a whole year) but I managed to get hold of my HMRC employment history confirming the start and finish dates. I will upload the HMRC employlent history letter.

What should I write in the cover letter so I don't complicate it too much and don't look like a fool? Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Covet letter

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:21 am

walawala wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:27 pm
Hi,

Could somebody please help me with a cover letter template? I got my previous employment dates wrong on the application form (most of them just by a few days but one of them by a whole year) but I managed to get hold of my HMRC employment history confirming the start and finish dates. I will upload the HMRC employlent history letter.

What should I write in the cover letter so I don't complicate it too much and don't look like a fool? Thank you.
Simple two lines. You made an error. Attached is the letter with correct dates. Thats it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Document upload

Post by walawala » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling a bit with trying to upload my documents to the correct categories and at the same time ensure that I do not provide too much or too little. Could somebody please have a look at the below and advise if that's fine? Thank you.

I'm applying under 6(2).

This is what I have uploaded under the various headings. Have a good look and think if that's all. We can then try to submit them to the home office tomorrow but I think it won't let us submit until 2 days before your appointment. Once submitted nothing else can be uploaded.

PROOF OF APPLICATION
My passport (data page only)

RESIDENCE
Employment history from HMRC
Employment letter from current employer (working there since 2014)
Permanent Residence Card
Residence document (issued in immigration status document format)

FINANCES
P60 until April 2020
PAYE tax record covering after April 2020

LIFE EVENTS
Marriage Certificate
Husband's British passport (all pages scanned, and only data page separately)
Husband's citizenship certificate

SPONSORS
2 x referee declarations

PROOF OF TRAVEL HISTORY
My previous passports (all pages scanned for each of them)

EDUCATION
Trinity Certificate

OTHER
Cover letter

walawala
Newly Registered
Oman

Biometrics appointment

Post by walawala » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:43 am

Hi,
When I attend the biometrics appointment, are they going to check all the original documents or only my current passport? I'm asking because I have no longer got some of the originals but I had a scanned copy which I uploaded. Thanks.