ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship by Birth

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sham321
Ireland

Irish Citizenship by Birth

Post by Sham321 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi All,

I am on stamp 4 and my wide was on dependent visa. My son born in 2018 and I applied for his Irish passport based on my 3 years stamp 4. My son received Irish passport and my wife received stamp 4 based on my son's Irish citizenship.

Now for some family reasons, my wife and son has to go back home (original country) and not sure when they will come back. My question is what's about my son's citizenship as he is not living in Ireland? I was checking that for adults who received Irish citizenship, they have to submit a form annually to retain citizenship but could not find any information for children born to non EU parents and received citizenship.

Can you please advise me on this?

Thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Irish Citizenship by Birth

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:59 pm

It's citizenship by birth. Nothing can take it away. You don't need to submit any form.

Sham321
Ireland

Post by Sham321 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Ah great. Many thanks Littlerr. I was worried that they might revoke the citizenship of my son. So just to confirm, I dont need to submit anything and once 5 years passport expired, then it can be renewed without any issue whether he is living in Ireland or outside?

Also can the passport be renewed outside of Ireland, I mean from consulate of the country where my son is living?

Thanks and appreciate your help.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:00 pm

You can renew it anywhere in the world using the online passport renewal service. You can of course renew it in the embassy/consulate, if that embassy/consulate provides that service.

Sham321
Ireland

Post by Sham321 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 am

Many thanks Littlerr. Much appreciated your help on this forum.