ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility for husband

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shwetatandel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Eligibility for husband

Post by shwetatandel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa
Below are the timelines for us -

Me - Arrived in UK in Jan 2017 on ICT dependent. Got Tier 2 General Main on Jan 2018. About to complete 5 years in Jan 2023 when I'll become eligible for ILR.

Husband - Arrived in UK as ICT Main Jan 2017. Switched to Tier 2 Dependent on me in Jan 2020.

My question is whether my husband will be eligible for ILR with me. Since he will be completing 5 years at the same time as me (but with 2 diff visa combinations and only 3 yrs on tier 2 dependent).

As I undertand the gov uk site just mentions that the dependent should be living with me for 5 yrs there is no mention of visa type.

I am asking this question now as to see if it is any worth waiting on tier 2 dependent visa for my husband or else he has an option of getting a tier 2 main visa done for himself, which would be more stable in case one of us loses job etc.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Eligibility for husband

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Your husband will qualify for ILR in 2025 when he completes his 5 years minus 28 days on a PBS dependent route. He can not combine Tier 2 ICT with PBS dep.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Eligibility for husband

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:20 pm

And if he chooses to apply for his own tier 2 general visa, his 5 year ilr clock resets to zero again and a new 5 year qualifying period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.