ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Tier 1- Exceptional Promise category

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

ILR on Tier 1- Exceptional Promise category

Post by SarjanNartan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 pm

Hi all,
I am based in UK since 2015 enter on the route of Tier-1 Entrepreneur. Then 2018 Switched to Tier -1 Exceptional promise under Arts category. And now finished my 5years continue stay in UK. I am sure under this category I can mix my continue stay as both were Tier-1 categories.

Now I am ready with relevant documents to submit my application for ILR. So thought to go through my questions with experts of this forum, advisers and members.

1. What is the latest time frame if somebody has recently applied and granted ILR? I am not in rush so do you think I should consider postal applications??
2. Under the section of earnings from the expert field, I have latest contract from the UK based non profit arts organisations would that count? How many documents needed to prove earnings? Do I need to submit contracts for whole year or any particular mention which I have missed? As last year due to COVID was a true mess in my whole career.

3. Also I am a director of the company since 2015, so what should I present, my personal statement or company statement showing my salary as a director, whIch bank statement should I consider showing my earning?? Also how many of them as last few months since April my business has really effected due to COVID so not good earning and even there wasn’t enough money so avoided taking salary, and I was on furlough, so how would I prove earning??
4. Been on Furlough, Does it going to effect on my application at anytime?
5. Am I missing anything in latest guideline or anything so if anyone has recent updates on Tier-1 Exceptional Promise ILR would be really helpful.

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR on Tier 1- Exceptional Promise category

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:24 am

1. There is NO postal application route. You have to apply online through UKVI and then upload your documents digitally to ukcvas before your biomteric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:24 am
1. There is NO postal application route. You have to apply online through UKVI and then upload your documents digitally to ukcvas before your biomteric appointment.
Thank you for confirming. I am gathering documents, seek your kind guidance on Questions I mentioned in my post. Can you please shed light on them?

Durbzzz
United States of America

Post by Durbzzz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi Sarjan, please contact me at email address removed by moderator
I am applying for ILR soon with my Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and wanted to share info.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Durbzzz wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 pm
Hi Sarjan, please contact me at email address removed by moderator
I am applying for ILR soon with my Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and wanted to share info.
You are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling posts everyday.

Continue in your own topic you already have with your questions and queries.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... l#p1897719
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DDDD
Newly Registered
China

Post by DDDD » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

SarjanNartan wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 pm
Hi all,
I am based in UK since 2015 enter on the route of Tier-1 Entrepreneur. Then 2018 Switched to Tier -1 Exceptional promise under Arts category. And now finished my 5years continue stay in UK. I am sure under this category I can mix my continue stay as both were Tier-1 categories.

Now I am ready with relevant documents to submit my application for ILR. So thought to go through my questions with experts of this forum, advisers and members.

1. What is the latest time frame if somebody has recently applied and granted ILR? I am not in rush so do you think I should consider postal applications??
2. Under the section of earnings from the expert field, I have latest contract from the UK based non profit arts organisations would that count? How many documents needed to prove earnings? Do I need to submit contracts for whole year or any particular mention which I have missed? As last year due to COVID was a true mess in my whole career.

3. Also I am a director of the company since 2015, so what should I present, my personal statement or company statement showing my salary as a director, whIch bank statement should I consider showing my earning?? Also how many of them as last few months since April my business has really effected due to COVID so not good earning and even there wasn’t enough money so avoided taking salary, and I was on furlough, so how would I prove earning??
4. Been on Furlough, Does it going to effect on my application at anytime?
5. Am I missing anything in latest guideline or anything so if anyone has recent updates on Tier-1 Exceptional Promise ILR would be really helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sarjan,

Hope all is well.

I am writing here as I have a very similar situation with you, almost the same. Tier 1 Entrepreneur + Tier 1 Exceptional Talent.

I am wondering should we also provide any documents for the period as Entrepreneur, how far should we trace back? and what should we provide(as I am not giving myself a salary), is the company financial statement enough? Also will you provide any tax documents?

It will be great if you can share some of your preparation.

Many Thanks in advance.

Best
Cindy

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 am

Hi,
Sorry for being silent and not replied in time.
If you are still waiting here are my answers.

You just required documents for your current leave granted as Exceptional talent category.
1. Passport
2. Original Salary slips from employer or if you are working under your own banner and getting paid then company letter headed statement that you work and getting paid.
3. Company tax document
4. Personal tax, p60, dividend vouchers
5. Personal bank statements - 12 months
6. Contracts of work in your expert field
7. BRP

I submitted all of these and when I filled form I submitted under other documents category all these documents.

I Hope this is helpful. I wish you a good luck.
Thanks

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am

Hi,

You just required documents for your current leave granted as Exceptional talent category.
1. Passport
2. Original Salary slips from employer or if you are working under your own banner and getting paid then company letter headed statement that you work and getting paid.
3. Company tax document
7. BRP

I submitted all of these and when I filled form I submitted under other documents category all these documents.

Thanks

DDDD
Newly Registered
China

Post by DDDD » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 am

SarjanNartan wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 am
Hi,

1. Passport
3. Company tax document
7. BRP

Thanks
Dear Sarjan,

Thanks a lot for returning back to answer my questions, I really appreciate it, it is very helpful indeed.

Can I also ask some questions in regarding the documents you've submitted:
1.How many contracts have you submitted and how far to trace back?
2.Company tax document, do you mean the Corporation tax CT 600? It was a total loss of my business and wasn't a lot gross as well, do you think this will affect our kind of application?
3.For paying myself a salary, I only give myself a very low salary because of the company situation, do you think it will affect anything?
4.Have you asked your accountant to write a letter to prove your company earnings or financial statement.

I am wondering whether you prepared your application by yourself or employed a solicitor. I am thinking of preparing it myself...

I understand that lots of questions nobody can give an absolutely correct answer to, but it is great enough to hear your opinion.

Many many thanks! and BTW hope you can get your settlement soon!

Best
Ding

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi,
Sorry again for a long wait.
1. I prepared application by myself.
2. There is no income threshold so don’t worry about small amount salary. As long as you have also tax on it and there is no gaps.
3. Yes I have attached letter from account confirming the income. If you are a company director You can show on your letterhead too. I have done that too. No specific requirement to show from accountant though.
4. It says that annual account of the business which you are director.
5. If you have taken any dividend then show dividend certificate and entry in your personal bank account should match.
6. I have included last 1 year contracts in my expert field. There isn’t said anything about how many needed but for a safe side I have attached everything for last 1 year atleast.
7. Company tax return for last year doesn’t matter profit or loss, it doesn’t affect, read the guideline properly it doesn’t required any such profit or loss. They just wanted to see that company is running genuinely I believe.
8. Life in the UK test and English level B1 is compulsory so I am sure you have ticked those boxes already.
I hope this will be helpful.
Sorry again for keep you waiting I didn’t get chance to see this thread often due to personal circumstances. But will check again soon if you need.
Wishing you good luck.
Thanks