ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheeish
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by cheeish » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm

cheeish wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi everyone, i would like to update about

My SET M

Applied on 7July2020
Idv app used : 29August2020
Biometric in person: 23Sep2020
Decision received on email: 19Oct2020
Brp received: 30Oct 2020 ( exactly in 10 working days)

Photo is from previous application FLR M (Not IDV not face to face appointment photo)

Wish you all best for pray for you all positive result

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:12 pm

cheeish wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm
cheeish wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi everyone, i would like to update about

My SET M

Applied on 7July2020
Idv app used : 29August2020
Biometric in person: 23Sep2020
Decision received on email: 19Oct2020
Brp received: 30Oct 2020 ( exactly in 10 working days)

Photo is from previous application FLR M (Not IDV not face to face appointment photo)

Wish you all best for pray for you all positive result
Congrats! So it appears your previous biometrics was used.

Very unlikely that the IDV app submitted photo will be used for anyone.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:31 pm

@navkant - two decisions reported for Set O today. Biometrics last week (same as ours). Looks like it is moving.

Vijay_1234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vijay_1234 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) 5 Year Tier 2 General + 1 dependent
Date application sent : 02 Oct 2020
Payment Made: 02 Oct 2020
Type of application: Standard application (priority suspended)
Documents uploaded: 02 Oct 2020
Document checking request email from UKVCAS: None
Biometrics Enrolled in person: 21 Oct 2020 (Sheffield)
Decision Email Received : Waiting
BRP Card Received: Waiting

Anyone with biometric submission around 21st October received the decision? i see few people who submitted biometric after 21st Oct are getting decision this week.

im not sure if i missed their UK VI email, but kept checking spam folders too. is there a generic email address from where this email comes?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Vijay_1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Anyone with biometric submission around 21st October received the decision? i see few people who submitted biometric after 21st Oct are getting decision this week.

im not sure if i missed their UK VI email, but kept checking spam folders too. is there a generic email address from where this email comes?
Same timeline as yours but nothing yet. I just emailed my solicitor to check. I think it comes from an email with ATLAS something.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm

gag285 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:31 pm
@navkant - two decisions reported for Set O today. Biometrics last week (same as ours). Looks like it is moving.
Best of luck. Hope the wait is not long.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Vijay_1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:33 pm

If you had a valid BRP, you can check right to work. It seems that gets updated before the eMail goes out. I am checking it once a day. Will update you guys if it changes before yours (24th Biometrics)
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Ahh UKVI what is going on, I believe they said applications will be processed in date order of receipt. How come people who applied in say April-September are still waiting on decisions but October applicants are getting approvals where is the logic behind this?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:14 pm

stonelove wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:06 pm
Ahh UKVI what is going on, I believe they said applications will be processed in date order of receipt. How come people who applied in say April-September are still waiting on decisions but October applicants are getting approvals where is the logic behind this?
I think by processing they mean opening the application to start looking at it. My guess is as good as anyone that it depends on the nature of the application , who is the case worker and enquiries that are required. I think sometimes enquiries as simple as checking the authenticity of a doc could lead to the application going into a queue that is slow. Hope you get your decision soon!! Good luck

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:22 pm

gag285 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:14 pm
stonelove wrote:
I think by processing they mean opening the application to start looking at it. My guess is as good as anyone that it depends on the nature of the application , who is the case worker and enquiries that are required. I think sometimes enquiries as simple as checking the authenticity of a doc could lead to the application going into a queue that is slow. Hope you get your decision soon!! Good luck
I have got my decision already but cannot understand their logic of processing applications, but then again who knows how UKVI works.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm

stonelove wrote:
It depends on the category, they seem to be dealt with by different departments.

- SET(O) they are up to date with this with few exceptions. This is what you are referring to I guess because it is the only category which has Oct applications being approved. We have had even someone who applied on 15/10/20 and got approval on 22/10/2020 exactly one week not from biometric appointment but from submitting the online application.

- SET(LR) they are following the chronological order and seem to be dealing with late July and have recetly started beginning of Aug applicants right now.

- Set (M) 404 Error We don't know what's going on with this category, they are just jumping from April to Aug and dealing with all April-Aug at the same time with no chronological order and very slowly.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:51 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm
stonelove wrote:
It depends on the category, they seem to be dealt with by different departments.

- SET(O) they are up to date with this with few exceptions. This is what you are referring to I guess because it is the only category which has Oct applications being approved. We have had even someone who applied on 15/10/20 and got approval on 22/10/2020 exactly one week not from biometric appointment but from submitting the online application.

- SET(LR) they are following the chronological order and seem to be dealing with late July and have recetly started beginning of Aug applicants right now.

- Set (M) 404 Error We don't know what's going on with this category, they are just jumping from April to Aug and dealing with all April-Aug at the same time with no chronological order and very slowly.
Agreed! Also, I've seen 1 case (on facebook) for Set (LR) that was processed in 9 days (an October applicant). I was absolutely gobsmacked but that's the ONLY 1 that's been a extreme outlier.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:56 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:51 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm
stonelove wrote:

Agreed! Also, I've seen 1 case (on facebook) for Set (LR) that was processed in 9 days (an October applicant). I was absolutely gobsmacked but that's the ONLY 1 that's been a extreme outlier.
SET(O) category is highest priority category for UKVI and others (LR, M etc) are low priority categories. I would have loved if they would have followed same logic in fees. I think for LR & M category fees should e £1200 rather than £2400.

Hamed61
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hamed61 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:12 pm

gag285 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:31 pm
Hi everyone

I have applied for set O on the 12th of August , today I have received email that your BRP card is on its way , do you think the application was successful? It doesn’t say in the email

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Hamed61 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:12 pm
Hi everyone

I have applied for set O on the 12th of August , today I have received email that your BRP card is on its way , do you think the application was successful? It doesn’t say in the email

Thanks
Yes. Check the prove your work right website if your current BRP is valid.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm

@ajitu92 This is quite strange they should not even have opened their file yet. May be there was a typo in the date while reporting this.

@gynanp I cannot agree more. You pay the same fee for the same service but you are being put in a long queue.

@stonelove Thanks for your solidarity mate, you have waited for 5 months and you owe them an explanation as why you have lived this stressful experience while others are having their ILR in just few days.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:20 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm
@ajitu92 This is quite strange they should not even have opened their file yet. May be there was a typo in the date while reporting this.

@gynanp I cannot agree more. You pay the same fee for the same service but you are being put in a long queue.

@stonelove Thanks for your solidarity mate, you have waited for 5 months and you owe them an explanation as why you have lived this stressful experience while others are having their ILR in just few days.
Apparently not. I confirmed, double and triple checked until I annoyed the person :lol: No idea what happened there but I'm assuming it was a lucky, lucky glitch of some sort!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Hamed61
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hamed61 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Hamed61 wrote:
Hi everyone

Thanks
Yes. Check the prove your work right website if your current BRP is valid.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

I have checked it does say it’s expired . Although it’s valid until 08/2021

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Hamed61 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:21 pm
Dont worry. Sometimes it does not work. Just wait for the BRP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:23 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Ameline wrote:

Apparently not. I confirmed, double and triple checked until I annoyed the person :lol: No idea what happened there but I'm assuming it was a lucky, lucky glitch of some sort!
I can imagine how annoyed they were :D

This is going to pull down the model that you built on SET (LR) :roll:

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:28 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:23 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Ameline wrote:

I can imagine how annoyed they were :D

This is going to pull down the model that you built on SET (LR) :roll:
haha, well, that's the price you pay for getting lucky 😂

Nah, I have excluded that entry from the dataset as it's such a stupendously extreme outlier and it's the only one, so no semblance of a trend forming. I have it noted, but not contributing to the stats.

Hamed61
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hamed61 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Hamed61 wrote:

I have checked for my partner ,it’s valid till 2021( is dependent ) for me it does say expired , does this mean
They have expired my visa because the send set o?
I’m so worried

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Hamed61 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hamed61 wrote:

I have checked for my partner ,it’s valid till 2021( is dependent ) for me it does say expired , does this mean
I’m so worried
Its a technical glitch. If you received an email that a BRP is on the way, the your application is successful.

Hamed61
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hamed61 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:41 pm
Hamed61 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hamed61 wrote:

Many thanks ,I hope 🙏when I receive my BRP I will keep u update

I’m so worried
Its a technical glitch. If you received an email that a BRP is on the way, the your application is successful.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:15 pm

I disagree that Set O applications are processed up to date. I am a Sept applicant, used IDV, my biometric appointment was cancelled by UKVCAS two weeks ago - I am still waiting for a decision. Not sure what I can do at this point, very depressed and tired of waiting. Anyone in a similar situation here?