ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting India for few weeks and coming back, Indian passport < 6 months validity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Visiting India for few weeks and coming back, Indian passport < 6 months validity

Post by atlas321 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 pm

We are having Indian passport and planning our visit to India.

We are at the verge of confirming the flight tickets to travel this December, but just observed my wife's passport is expiring on April 2021 < than 6 months to expire on return (our bad that we didn't notice it earlier).

I have seen few responses from many years ago in this forum that all we need to come back to UK is a valid passport(expiry date doesn't matter).

Is that still the case ? We will apply for renewal once we are back but can we goto India and come back with the same passport (we have visa till 2023)

Please help with your wisdom! your responses are very much appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Visiting India for few weeks and coming back, Indian passport < 6 months validity

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 pm

The passport needs to be valid. The government guidance doesn't stipulate 6 months minimum validity.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/at-border-control
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visiting India for few weeks and coming back, Indian passport < 6 months validity

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:48 pm

atlas321 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 pm
I have seen few responses from many years ago in this forum that all we need to come back to UK is a valid passport(expiry date doesn't matter).

Is that still the case ?
Yes still unchanged
atlas321 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 pm
We will apply for renewal once we are back but can we goto India and come back with the same passport (we have visa till 2023)
Expiration of passport wont compromise/affect the validity of the visa and also there wouldnt be any need to transfer the vignette over new passport rather both passports can be carried while travelling.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:53 pm

Thank you. So we can come back to Uk and apply for renewal or we could apply for renewal in India before coming back both of them could work right?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:57 pm

atlas321 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:53 pm
Thank you. So we can come back to Uk and apply for renewal or we could apply for renewal in India before coming back both of them could work right?
yes. Since you still have superfluous time, so why not getting it be done and dusted before flying.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Well, I wish it could be that easy!, There is no appointment for the next couple of weeks with the passport centre, I'm going to check every hour until 2 weeks to travel though just to be on safer side.

But your team had been helpful for all these years and all suggestion and response from you really worked for me.

So I'm going to trust you and move forward this time as well! Kudos to you!!!!