ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT INFO EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nouman Yousaf
Newly Registered

URGENT INFO EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME

Post by Nouman Yousaf » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

My Query is; CAN I APPLY PRE SETTLED EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME ON 30TH MARCH 2021 FOR MYSELF AND MY NON-EEA HUSBAND if i entered UK on 26th December 2020 and left 31st December 2020??? Kindly see below, i will appreciate your expert opinion on this matter and be thankful for your help.

I am Portuguese Citizen Living and working in Dublin Ireland at the moment.

I got a job in UK starting from 30th March 2021.

But i am entering UK on 26th December to process important documents and travelling back to Dublin on 31st December.

I will move permanently to UK on 29th March 2021 but i will be making frequent trips to move my stuff and make living arrangements.

So according to GOV.UK website my first entry in UK will be before 31st Dec 2020 deadline, I am just confused if i can apply for myself and my husband on 26th December 2020 as i will be travelling back and forth or i should apply on 29th March 2021?

Thank you So much for your help.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT INFO EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:56 am

Hello

No you can't. All this will end up in tears.

You are not the only person visiting the UK for 48 hours just to build a claim later that they were in the UK before the deadline and therefore are eligible to use the scheme in 2021.

Either make it genuinely before the deadline or use whatever routes are available in 2021.

Nouman Yousaf
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman Yousaf » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the response, I just wanted to clarify if i need to apply before 31st December 2020 or after,

I called today at resolution centre and they clarified that i can travel back and forth even after submitting the application.

Thank you for your help

DerickChu
Belgium

Post by DerickChu » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:50 pm

Fact-checking!! EU settlement scheme rules does not provide information on what’s genuine or not, so no one should claim that on this platform as well.

So YES, It’s very possibly, once your application is on going you can as well travel in and out.

48 hrs stay in uk is more than enough to send your application, you are not in jail so you are definitely allowed to travel in and out pending the approval.

Goodluck.