ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FATHER ILR, MOTHER ILR DEPENDANT, CHILD BORN IN INDIA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

FATHER ILR, MOTHER ILR DEPENDANT, CHILD BORN IN INDIA

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Writing this with strong hope that someone able to help.

I took ILR on 10y long residence route in 2018. My wife has family of settled person visa (spouse) until dec'21 (applied from inside UK). She delivered our baby in India in June this year. When i checked what visa i need to apply to bring him to the UK, It came up as ‘family of a settled person’ (child) visa.

What i am unsure is when applying for a child visa from India for an under 18 child,is that true that one of the parents must also be applying at the same time as the child though they have still leave to remain the UK or can we apply the child visa seperately[/color]? Please clarify. Thanks.

Please goto the link https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child and check. "you were born outside the UK - if you are under 18" and "Apply from outside the UK- Apply seperately". I'm confused with wordings ..please help.

vinny

Re: FATHER ILR, MOTHER ILR DEPENDANT, CHILD BORN IN INDIA

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 pm

Child may apply separately. If successful, then leave will be granted in line with mother’s existing leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:49 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Child may apply separately. If successful, then leave will be granted in line with mother’s existing leave.
Thanks for the reply Vinny. I'm sure it have to be the case.

It just the wording i'm confused. it says "must be applying or have applied" it just not say had applied and for under 18's "Apply Seperately" statement is only on the "Apply from inside UK" section. "Apply from outside UK" section has "apply seperately" statement only for child over18's.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Please can you advise is it the application form i need is Appendix FM Child correct?
and because my wife' visa is valid only until Dec 2021, I just have to pay IHS for 1 year only correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm

Yes, it is Appendix FM you have to apply for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm
Yes, it is Appendix FM you have to apply for.
Thanks very much CR001. one final question.

Is there a IHS health surcharge for the child applicants? If yes, how much per year.

Because when I use this link below to calculate, it came up as £0. I have chosen Visa route "settlement" & Visa type "Child or other dependant of settled person. Visa end date of my wife's is 10/12/2021. Is this correct?
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi Please can someone reply on IHS? Am I choosing wrong visa type? As the leave will be granted in line with mother’s existing leave, should I be choosing mother's visa route, visa type and expiry date?
So the answers to this link https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type is
no-no-no-India- DOB- Settlement - Wife - 10/12/2021 correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:13 am

Yes, choose mother’s expiry date of leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:04 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:13 am
Yes, choose mother’s expiry date of leave.
Thanks Vinny but my question is choosing visa type from that link. Should I be choosing “wife” or Child are other dependents of person“. Please check the link and let me know....,,

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:03 am

Unfortunately, your link is incomplete and I cannot open the page.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:54 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:03 am
Unfortunately, your link is incomplete and I cannot open the page.
Hi Vinny, Please try this IHS link

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 am

pnkeyan1983 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm
So the answers to this link https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type is
no-no-no-India- DOB- Settlement - Wife - 10/12/2021 correct?

I agree.

Applying to join somebody (a main applicant) in the UK

What is their visa route > Settlement
What is their visa type > wife

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi Vinny,

Many thanks for your reply.
I've booked appointment for monday 19th.
When reviewing documents, i am confused regarding the appendix form.
Should i be filling VAF4A Appendix 1 or VAF4A appendix 2 or none required? Please advise.
FYI.. am applying child visa from INDIA via VFS.
I think it is appendix 2.
If it is appendix 1 should i be ignoring PART 1 as the visa will be granted in line with my wife's?

Appendix 1 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -11-18.pdf
Appendix 2
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Appendix 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:38 pm

Many thanks CR001

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Dear Moderators,Not sure if i should have post this as a new topic.

I’ve made the application (child visa-family for my son from chennai, india) 2 weeks ago and realised I have given the travel dates in November. But we wanted to travel by end of January/ early Feb 2021 due to a family situation. Because we have given the planned travel month as November in the application, the passport will be stamped with 30 days vignette which will fall between Nov/Dec.

Is there a way (Email or phone) to notify UK Visas about our change of plans while the application under process?
While making the application, I also gave collection of BRP in the UK from post office instead of sending it to the sponsor. Is it possible to change this now? Can I nominate myself to collect in post office before my child arrive in the UK? So, I can take his BRP to india to bring him back?

Please advise. Many thanks.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Dear Moderators,Not sure if i should have post this as a new topic.

I’ve made the application (child visa-family for my son from chennai, india) 2 weeks ago and realised I have given the travel dates in November. But we wanted to travel by end of January/ early Feb 2021 due to a family situation. Because we have given the planned travel month as November in the application, the passport will be stamped with 30 days vignette which will fall between Nov/Dec.

Is there a way (Email or phone) to notify UK Visas about our change of plans while the application under process?
While making the application, I also gave collection of BRP in the UK from post office instead of sending it to the sponsor. Is it possible to change this now? Can I nominate myself to collect in post office before my child arrive in the UK? So, I can take his BRP to india to bring him back?

Please advise. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:39 pm

Initial visas are issued for 90 days at the moment.

Your dependents have to collect the brp from the post office with their entry stamped passport.

The "sponsor" you are referring to that can receive a brp is likely a university or tier 2 employer and not you as the settled sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:18 am

Oh 90 days now?.Thanks for the info.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:37 am

pnkeyan1983 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:18 am
Oh 90 days now?.Thanks for the info.
Yes 90 days to cater for the exigencies of COVID19 and attendant disruptions of travels.

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:08 am

Thanks. Does anyone know what is the current processing times for family visa (FM child of settled person) applied from outside the UK via VFS? Application type: standard. Its been 20 days since our application but No communications yet. Please advise..

pnkeyan1983
Newly Registered
India

Post by pnkeyan1983 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Hello All,

I’ve received this email from decision making centre. Please see below. Are they looking for any additional documents? I’ve submitted all my documents through VFS. Including appendix 2.
Is it a standard email? I’m so much worried. I’ve actually applied for family visa- child. Now they’ve replied saying it is settlement application. They also said family visas are settlement type on one of my email I’ve sent. I’m super confused. Please help.

“Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your sponsor have not already submitted supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that your supporting documents are submitted within 5 working days of this email.

Your sponsor, agent or representative can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person or by post for a fee. For further details, please refer to Option 3 and 4 in the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 5 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre”

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:05 pm

pnkeyan1983 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:09 pm
if you or your sponsor have not already submitted supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below:
That seems a generic email which instructing to supply the supporting documents if weren't supplied earlier.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:08 am

pnkeyan1983 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:08 am
Thanks. Does anyone know what is the current processing times for family visa (FM child of settled person) applied from outside the UK via VFS? Application type: standard. Its been 20 days since our application but No communications yet. Please advise..
Did you get any update on this?