ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dannyjjj
Brazil

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by dannyjjj » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:16 am

navkant wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:27 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:41 am
National lockdown from Wednesday expected, this will give UKVI another massive excuse to hide behind COVID-19 for their incompetence and poor management of day to day operations minus any accountability.

I am amazed how these checks they do are super quick when you used to pay extra for a same day decision. Pretty sure one member is correct here in saying the cases are just laying there waiting to be looked, probably their system sends an alert saying XYZ is approaching 6 months and then they would look at the case and send an approval.

Here’s to people getting their decisions soon as the lockdown situation cannot be avoided now
I think UKVI and Sopra are classified as essential services. So, hopefully they can work as usual. I was told by my attorney that, they have challenges around privacy approvals to work from home and hence can't work at the same level of efficiency if they were to miss office.
I’m not sure if UKVI are essential services? Worst possible scenario - biometric centers open, UKVI only growing backlog...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 am

Tougher days are ahead.......
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:46 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 am
Exactly...more incoming COVID despair. I'm hoping Home Office/UKVI prove us wrong 🤞
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:51 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:46 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Exactly...more incoming COVID despair. I'm hoping Home Office/UKVI prove us wrong 🤞
Yes, lets see, as national lockdown is imminent, that too 1 month long!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:55 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:51 am
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes, lets see, as national lockdown is imminent.
Indeed. I'm hoping they have worked out a system over the previous lockdown as it was clear this is not going away any time soon.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:10 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:55 am
CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes, lets see, as national lockdown is imminent.
Indeed. I'm hoping they have worked out a system over the previous lockdown as it was clear this is not going away any time soon.

Were they working during the previous lockdown?

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes, lets see, as national lockdown is imminent, that too 1 month long!
Yes a national lockdown coming UK only as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland say they will not take part as they are already in they national lockdowns and will be exiting soon. Will be interesting how this will work and impact on UCVACS centers up in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland come what may UKVI will use this as a prelude to more delay notices being sent, at least now is the time they need to show some empathy and earn their money.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi

Applied for FLR(M) on 7th july.

Still waiting for decesion .

May i ask which number or email i should use to check status of application as i have seen even september candidates got the decesion.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:06 pm

FLR(M) , I have given biometric using app on 7th of september.

Now after reading that few candidates got quick decesion when they did face to face biometric as well. i have booked face to face appt too which is on 5th of november . I got confirmation email too.

Few guys has written that dual biometric submission not allowed now, does that mean they will refuse me when i go for face to face appt for biometric submision?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:06 pm

Now after reading that few candidates got quick decesion when they did face to face biometric as well. i have booked face to face appt too which is on 5th of november . I got confirmation email too.

Few guys has written that dual biometric submission not allowed now, does that mean they will refuse me when i go for face to face appt for biometric submision?
Your appointment will be cancelled. UKVCAS has officially asked not to book for dual submissions and your application may further be delayed.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:34 pm

Just checking, any SET(M)s from June or before still waiting please? I am on day number 132

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:25 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:34 pm
Just checking, any SET(M)s from June or before still waiting please? I am on day number 132
There are a few June applicants’ waiting this was what I was talking about yesterday where is the logic in April-September applicants waiting while October applications are processed. Irrespective of the SET you are applying on for ILR (O, LR, M, etc.) = £2,389 we are all paying the same fees. So if pre Covid decision were being made in 24hours if you paid extra in 99.9% of applications, how come now we are told is covid times and applications are delayed but some get decisions in 10days where is the fairness in this my conclusion is @ UKVI make it up as they go along.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:47 pm

stonelove wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:25 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
There are a few June applicants’ waiting this was what I was talking about yesterday where is the logic in April-September applicants waiting while October applications are processed. Irrespective of the SET you are applying on for ILR (O, LR, M, etc.) = £2,389 we are all paying the same fees. So if pre Covid decision were being made in 24hours if you paid extra in 99.9% of applications, how come now we are told is covid times and applications are delayed but some get decisions in 10days where is the fairness in this my conclusion is @ UKVI make it up as they go along.

The only logic I can apply is different visa categories require contacting different government departments. If a given department has not been classified offering 'essential' service, then those applications requiring a check may be delayed.
But in this day an age, Home Office should've at least built an online tracker displaying status and progress of applications given the money they charge

Not a single ILR approval registered in the timeline thread today. Have things already started to slow down? :cry:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:52 pm

poper wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:47 pm
stonelove wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

The only logic I can apply is different visa categories require contacting different government departments. If a given department has not been classified offering 'essential' service, then those applications requiring a check may be delayed.
But in this day an age, Home Office should've at least built an online tracker displaying status and progress of applications given the money they charge

Not a single ILR approval registered in the timeline thread today. Have things already started to slow down? :cry:
Thought they don't work on Saturdays.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:57 pm

poper wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:47 pm
stonelove wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Well, just for some perspective, it was quite surprising for approvals to come through on weekends in the first place. I think everyone was pleasantly surprised. So if that's not happening this weekend, don't think we can conclude that it's slowing down just yet.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:10 pm

England 1 month lockdown Thursday onwards till 2nd Dec announced..same message as of March..

Galaa
United Kingdom

Post by Galaa » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:10 pm
England 1 month lockdown Thursday onwards till 2nd Dec announced..same message as of March..
But the Home Office is still open, am I right?

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:10 pm
The lockdown is not as restrictive as the spring one, so let's hope the HO will continue to operate as they are right now. Fingers crossed.

Mele
Newly Registered
China

Post by Mele » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:21 pm

I wonder whether UKVCAS would still be open... :|

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Mele wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:21 pm
I wonder whether UKVCAS would still be open... :|
UKVCAS are classified as essential service, they should stay open.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:44 pm

I can't imagine UKVI not being classed as essential when UKVCAS are now classed as essential.

There it is now though, let's see what happens.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:47 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:44 pm
I can't imagine UKVI not being classed as essential when UKVCAS are now classed as essential.

There it is now though, let's see what happens.
Also, I imagine there will soon be a UKVCAS flash message update. Maybe, JUST maybe, even one from UKVI on https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ts#history

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Yes UKVCAS flash message update should clarify that. However, the lockdown will definitely have an impact.

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:59 pm

It is still permitted to go to work if working from home is not possible, even for non-essential workers. So I imagine UKVI will continue to operate, either from home or their offices.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm
bhatti_pk wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:06 pm

Your appointment will be cancelled. UKVCAS has officially asked not to book for dual submissions and your application may further be delayed.
Thanks but i have not received any cancel email yet

Should i give them a call and check the status.