ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

amend DOB on passport and ILR stamp - help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sraboni123
Newly Registered

amend DOB on passport and ILR stamp - help

Post by sraboni123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Querying this on behalf of my relative. Relative has a daughter who was originally born in 1992. However in all her passport the DOB was 1991 instead of 1992. An error made by the embassy who issued the child her first passport in her home country.

The family received their ILR last year including the child. However now spotting the error after so many years they sent the current passport back to the embassy in London (who issued the most current passport) and got them to change DOB to 1992. However the DOB on the ILR stamp is still the old one (1991).

How would you go about changing the date on the ILR and is this going to create any problems for the family with the HO.

your help would be much appreciated.
S

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Hello

You can call home office to check and confirm but from my personal opinion (having gone through a similar problem with my relative) you need to fill in a transfer of condition form (Form NTLTC trying to remember over top of my head) The same form you use to transfer you entry clearance / residence permit from your old passport to your new passport. Include a cover letter to explain the situation i.e. wrong date of birth on the original passport and include some further documentation (birth certificate, national id card etc) for the correct date of birth. Home office will transfer the ILR residence permit from old to new passport with the correct date of birth.

Rgds

sraboni123
Newly Registered

Post by sraboni123 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Thank Jazbaati,

I contacted the immigration helpline twice and got two contradicting messages. Now I am even more confused. here are the two conflicting messages i got:

1. Because the DOB was changed on the existing passport rather than on a new passport I was told by one member I did not have to fill in the NTLTOC form, just send the passport with cover letter and any supporting doc.

The supporting document the family has are as follows:
- endorsement from embassy on passport to say dob was corrected
- letter from school which shows the correct dob on their records.
- trying to get a letter from embassy to say the error was made on the initial passport issued

The issue was the previous passport had the error (this was issued by the home country embassy) and that error got transferred to the current passport when they renewed it in london. But will try and get them to obtain a letter from the embassy to confirm this

2. then when i called 2nd time to ask about a specific question, the second person told me i had to fill in the NTLTOC form and send that with a cover letter - so that they can place another stamp on the existing passport.

Now which is telling me the truth. the NTLTOC is for transferring to new passport and the guidelines clearly states that. So now I dont know which is the correct information to follow. what to do? Last thing they need is for the passport to be returned because they havent filled in the correct forms

Confused.....
srab

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:09 am

Well I would suggest to apply for new passport with the correct date of birth (will save raised eye brows in immigration on airports with the corrected date of birth) and then apply using a NTLTOC form. Do you have the birth certificate of the baby as I guess that would be the most strong evidence to show the correct date of birth or a National ID card of some sorts?

sraboni123
Newly Registered

Post by sraboni123 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Once again thanks for the response, really appreciate it.

No birth certificate for the baby, cause in their home country its not something that you get normally unless you request it. However they do have a official letter from the High Commission in London dated 1996 to say that on their records it is 1992 rather than 1991. Is that any help or do you think they need to request one from the home country (which might be another long winded process?).

Was thinking to send through the existing passport and documentation and see what they come back with. Such a nightmare this is. The family just didn't make much of it but as the child is growing the more confusion it creates when their school record shows one year and the passport another.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Well you can certainly send the passport with all the covering documents to see how it geos. In the worse case scenario you will loose your fees. Do you have any National ID card or something similar that shoes the correct date of birth?

sraboni123
Newly Registered

Post by sraboni123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am

Apart from the one incident when told to fill in ntltoc, all the others (3 reps from the immigration line) said to send it with a cover letter, no NTL-TOC form required with support docs. So will do that first.

How long does these requests take to process - i guess it wouldnt count as urgent and would go to the back of the queue?

Unfortunately child does not have a national id card either. At the time the child was born it wasn't something the country was issuing. They did have a hospital card to ensure they gave the baby all the immunisation jabs - but thats long lost...