ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between Tier 2 Dependent and Spouse Visa Accommodation requirements

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Difference between Tier 2 Dependent and Spouse Visa Accommodation requirements

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:44 pm

Is there any difference between Tier 2 Dependent Visa and Spouse Visa 'Accommodation requirements' ? I found these additional documents on gov.uk which explain the accommodation requirements. - " Appendix FM Section 1.7A - Adequate maintenance and accommodation " ... My question is, does this document also apply to Tier 2 dependent visa applicants as well ?

If it does, then, even for a Tier 2 dependent visa, I need to provide a tenancy/lodger agreement, letter from landlord and a property inspection report.(if it's a shared house) ?

Without being sure about this, I do not know if I need to move to my own independent rented house before I apply for my partner or I need to arrange for a property inspection to be done ?

Also, suppose, the property falls under the category of a small HMO, where only the additional HMO license is required, and its in process, is it safe to apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa while that is in process ? Is it an issue for the landlord or even the tenant ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Difference between Tier 2 Dependent and Spouse Visa Accommodation requirements

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:03 am

Appendix FM does NOT apply to tier 2 dependent visa. Two completely different visa route and rules.

Can you also please keep your questions in your topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.