ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP application for someone with PR Card (Eu )

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

petervang

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP application for someone with PR Card (Eu )

Post by petervang » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi all I am checking for a relative who wishes to apply for Naturalisation. She is a EU Citizen married To BC for last 10 years. She has a PR Card.

Believe she has got to apply with PR before the End of December.

Now she is ready to apply what other supporting documents will she be required to submit. As employment related paperwork was submitted during the PR Application. Immigration adviser who is submitting on her behalf is asking for employment details again. She has passed her life in UK Test and has a UK University degree any advice would be appreciated towards the smooth process regarding her application for Naturalisation. Kind regards.

secret.simon

Re: BRITISH CITIZENSHIP application for someone with PR Card (Eu )

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:50 pm

When did she acquire the PR Card?

Is she an EEA citizen or was she related to an EEA citizen?

The reason for requesting the employment details is to prove that your friend was resident in the UK after acquiring her PR card and to prove her absences from the UK, as passports of EEA citizens and their family members are not stamped on arrival in the UK and therefore they need to prove their absences and physical presence in the UK by other means, such as employment records.

Be aware that naturalisation applications and EEA applications are completely different and that she may well have to repeat some of the evidence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

petervang

Re: BRITISH CITIZENSHIP application for someone with PR Card (Eu )

Post by petervang » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi Secret Simone thank you very much for your reply. The relative I was referring to has had her PR Card for last 2 years.

She has had no absences except for a few weeks holiday.

However, as suggested by you that she will have to produce her evidence to prove her presence in the UK by employment throughout the period. It seems that she has got all this evidence on hand.

Just for curiosity, she has got to apply for Naturalisation before December end with her PR Card. Thanks and regards.