ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is premium lounges / enhanced services points going to be quicker than normal service points?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Is premium lounges / enhanced services points going to be quicker than normal service points?

Post by mikelee001 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi all,

I am about to book an appointment for my ILR application. I heard from my friend she got the result 2 weeks after submitting her documents with premium lounges services. I wonder if using premium lounge or enhanced service points are going to take shorter period of time to get an ILR decision comparing to the free slots in Croydon?

Also are the document checking and document uploading services are useful?

Appreciate if you could share advice or your experience.

Thanks a lot!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Is premium lounges / enhanced services points going to be quicker than normal service points?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:22 am

mikelee001 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:54 pm
Hi all,

I am about to book an appointment for my ILR application. I heard from my friend she got the result 2 weeks after submitting her documents with premium lounges services. I wonder if using premium lounge or enhanced service points are going to take shorter period of time to get an ILR decision comparing to the free slots in Croydon?

Thanks a lot!
Premium lounge only has to do with how fast and time time you spend at the visa application centre. The payment for this goes to the VAC not HO or UKVI so does not have effect on how fast your application is processed and decision given by HO.
The service by HO/UKVI for that is the priority and super priority and currently not available.
Your friend should enlighten more.

mikelee001
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Is premium lounges / enhanced services points going to be quicker than normal service points?

Post by mikelee001 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:00 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:22 am
mikelee001 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!
Premium lounge only has to do with how fast and time time you spend at the visa application centre. The payment for this goes to the VAC not HO or UKVI so does not have effect on how fast your application is processed and decision given by HO.
The service by HO/UKVI for that is the priority and super priority and currently not available.
Thank you Amazonian.

Do you have any experience on if using the document checking service is useful?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:03 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:28 am

mikelee001 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:00 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:22 am
mikelee001 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!
Thank you Amazonian.

Do you have any experience on if using the document checking service is useful? Yes, back then when used, for an applicant who is lettered and knew what is expected, it was a waste of scarce resources.