ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form inquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayyur123

Form inquiry

Post by mayyur123 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Respected sir/madam,
I wanted to know that which form will we have to fill for indefinite leave to remain? We were granted discretionary leave. The last extension of our DL before we can apply iLR will be expiring about one year later than our legal 10 years residency in UK will complete.
So if we will be applying iLR exact after legally 10 years are complete in the uk from the date we were granted first leave to remain, should we fill DL form for settlement or should we fill 10 years long residency form for settlement?
If we will fill DL form for settlement then our leave to remain will be still valid for more than one year and normally home office say don’t fill 28 days before the expiry of current leave. But on other side our 10 years will already be completed long before our leave to remain expires.
So which form should we fill for iLR? DL form or long residency form? And me my wife and children have to fill individual separate forms?
Thanks for your time.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Form inquiry

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 pm

mayyur123 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Respected sir/madam,
I wanted to know that which form will we have to fill for indefinite leave to remain? We were granted discretionary leave. The last extension of our DL before we can apply iLR will be expiring about one year later than our legal 10 years residency in UK will complete.
So if we will be applying iLR exact after legally 10 years are complete in the uk from the date we were granted first leave to remain, should we fill DL form for settlement or should we fill 10 years long residency form for settlement?
If we will fill DL form for settlement then our leave to remain will be still valid for more than one year and normally home office say don’t fill 28 days before the expiry of current leave. But on other side our 10 years will already be completed long before our leave to remain expires.
So which form should we fill for iLR? DL form or long residency form? And me my wife and children have to fill individual separate forms?
Thanks for your time.
On completion of your 10 years which allows the combination of all visas, you can proceed to long residence application Set(lr).

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1582419671

See the guidance over it:
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-settle
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mayyur123

Re: Form inquiry

Post by mayyur123 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:04 pm

Thanks for reply, I appreciate that.