ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final checks before submitting: supporting docs, LTD, mixed employment types, ambiguous questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

expat2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Final checks before submitting: supporting docs, LTD, mixed employment types, ambiguous questions

Post by expat2019 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:26 am

I'm going to submit my application (EEA citizen route) soon.
The vision of loosing 1300 pounds is pretty scary.
Therefore I check my application again and again and looking for possible mistakes.
Eventually I ended up with some questions.
Also I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Just to give you a picture:

My 5-years qualifying period splits into two

- self-employed
At the beginning of the qualifying period I was a director of my limited company.
During this time I had an external client. After the cooperation with the client ended
I started working on a startup. I paid myself salary for the whole time the company existed.

- worker
After some time I took up a job as a contractor.
After a couple of months I found another contract and been on it since then.
In both cases I was hired by umbrella company which paid me salary.

Given the above I will have three entries in the "Employment details" section ie. Director and two Employee entries.

I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1. "Your type of employment" question - does it apply to the current job or all jobs during my qualifying period? I noticed the question appears just once under the "Employment details" section.

2. "Employment End Date" - I noticed that for one of my contracts there is an over 14 days difference between the P45's leaving date and the date I actually finished it. Which date should I provide in the application?

3. "Employer or business name" - I'm hired by an umbrella company and working for the end client. Which company name should I put in the application? My guess would be that is the end client that I supply services for.

4. I've seen some people attach a letter to the application. Should I attach such letter? What should be in there?

5. I've got just soft copies of:
- P60s (they're titled "a printed copy of an eP60"), payslips as PDF's
- some Council Tax bills as scans.
Is that ok?

6. Will the documents below be enough to support my application:

- Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period
P60's + payslips for this year (because I haven't got P60 as the financial year hasn't ended yet)

- Proof of Nationality
passport or EEA national identity card

- evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
Settled Status confirmation with ref number.

- qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher
IELTS B1 certificate

- Proof of living in the UK for 5 years
Council Tax bills for the last 5 years

- Two referee declarations
Signed referee forms with my photos affixed

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Final checks before submitting: supporting docs, LTD, mixed employment types, ambiguous questions

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:52 am

expat2019 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:26 am
I'm going to submit my application (EEA citizen route) soon.
The vision of loosing 1300 pounds is pretty scary. We've all been through that ...
Therefore I check my application again and again and looking for possible mistakes.
Eventually I ended up with some questions.
Also I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Just to give you a picture:

My 5-years qualifying period splits into two
The requirement is to provide employment details for 10 years, or since you arrived in the UK if less than 10 years. The "qualifying period" is residency of five years.

- self-employed
At the beginning of the qualifying period I was a director of my limited company.
During this time I had an external client. After the cooperation with the client ended
I started working on a startup. I paid myself salary for the whole time the company existed.

- worker
After some time I took up a job as a contractor.
After a couple of months I found another contract and been on it since then.
In both cases I was hired by umbrella company which paid me salary.

Given the above I will have three entries in the "Employment details" section ie. Director and two Employee entries.

I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1. "Your type of employment" question - does it apply to the current job or all jobs during my qualifying period? I noticed the question appears just once under the "Employment details" section. I believe you select for each job - we don't have sight of all the online options.

2. "Employment End Date" - I noticed that for one of my contracts there is an over 14 days difference between the P45's leaving date and the date I actually finished it. Which date should I provide in the application? Use P45 as it's a standard form.

3. "Employer or business name" - I'm hired by an umbrella company and working for the end client. Which company name should I put in the application? My guess would be that is the end client that I supply services for. I expect employment contract/PAYE is through the umbrella company so should be that name.

4. I've seen some people attach a letter to the application. Should I attach such letter? What should be in there? If you wish, to explain anything complex, maybe your work history.

5. I've got just soft copies of:
- P60s (they're titled "a printed copy of an eP60"), payslips as PDF's
- some Council Tax bills as scans.
Is that ok? P60s/payslips are sufficient, council tax bills not required.

6. Will the documents below be enough to support my application:

- Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period
P60's + payslips for this year (because I haven't got P60 as the financial year hasn't ended yet) Yes

- Proof of Nationality
passport or EEA national identity card Yes

- evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
Settled Status confirmation with ref number. Yes

- qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher Yes
IELTS B1 certificate

- Proof of living in the UK for 5 years
Council Tax bills for the last 5 years Not required - your P60s are sufficient for residence - you may still need to tick the box to proceed.

- Two referee declarations
Signed referee forms with my photos affixed Yes
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

expat2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Final checks before submitting: supporting docs, LTD, mixed employment types, ambiguous questions

Post by expat2019 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:05 pm

Thank you @alterhase58, especially for pointing out the 10 year employment history.
I wasn't aware of that.

A few questions have arised from it.

I came to the UK back in September 2013.
I formed my company and issued my first invoice in October the same year.
Eventually I got the first payslip from my company in December.

What documents should I provide to cover the period between September and December 2013 ?

Is it an issue that I was unemployed for almost a month after arriving?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:53 pm

I don't believe so assuming you were a job-seeker. Just declare as unemployed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

expat2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by expat2019 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:35 pm

Should I provide P60's for the last 10 years or just 5 years?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pm

expat2019 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Should I provide P60's for the last 10 years or just 5 years?
Just for five years - the residency period.

expat2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by expat2019 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot for your help.

Should I include in the Employment Details the time I was unemployed (1 month) after arriving into the UK ?

I've got a "Director" entry in my employment list. After I left my company as an employee (got P45 and took up a contract) I was still its director for another year or so. The company didn't trade though and was in in the process of dissolution. Which date should I put in the End Date field - P45 leaving date or rather the company dissolution date?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm

expat2019 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:01 pm
Thanks a lot for your help.

Should I include in the Employment Details the time I was unemployed (1 month) after arriving into the UK ?
I would include it - there's no issues with that.

I've got a "Director" entry in my employment list. After I left my company as an employee (got P45 and took up a contract) I was still its director for another year or so. The company didn't trade though and was in in the process of dissolution. Which date should I put in the End Date field - P45 leaving date or rather the company dissolution date?
Just guessing here - Your directorship ended when the company was dissolved - so use that for Director - P45 for the emplyment .... if I follow correctly ....