ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about renewal - please advise!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newhsmp
Newly Registered

Query about renewal - please advise!

Post by newhsmp » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:00 pm

Hi folks,

I had a query about HSMP renewal. Our hsmp expires in Oct 2005 and we entered uk around feb this year ( we were wrapping up things in our home country and it took longer than expected).

The thing is that my wife has found a job recently but I am still looking.

In the worst case scenario, suppose i don't get a job before the renewal in august , will it be problem to renew the hsmp based on my the fact that we did not access public funds and that atleast my wife has a good job?

Does anybody have a similar experience?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Regds,
NewHsmp

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Here is an interesting case reported to the forum that you may draw parellel from.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3774

newhsmp
Newly Registered

possible renewal problems...

Post by newhsmp » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:23 pm

mwazir, thanks for pointing out the earlier post.

i guess one possible conclusion is that it might be a little difficult to get a full 3 yr extenstion if the main applicant does not get a job before filing for extension.

in my case, however, i had almost secured an offer from a company, which unfortunately did not work out at the last moment.

would appreciate any other feedback!

newhsmp

bani

Re: possible renewal problems...

Post by bani » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:47 am

it is really hard to say because there's inconsistency in HSMP decisions these days. i think the two important things are having money (savings - your wife having a good job/salary helps in this regard) and showing that you are actively looking for a job (keep record of all interview offers and applications). so i think you'll be ok in your worst case scenario. good luck with the jobhunt! :)
newhsmp wrote:mwazir, thanks for pointing out the earlier post.

i guess one possible conclusion is that it might be a little difficult to get a full 3 yr extenstion if the main applicant does not get a job before filing for extension.

in my case, however, i had almost secured an offer from a company, which unfortunately did not work out at the last moment.

would appreciate any other feedback!

newhsmp

newhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by newhsmp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:40 pm

hi Bani, thanks for your feedback. Yes, I will keep a copy of all the interviews, etc ( including a job offer letter which subsequently did not materialise).

Many thanks for your good wishes!

goldenheart
Newly Registered

Post by goldenheart » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:44 pm

Just like the previous person mentioned, as of today you do not necessarily need to have been in full-time employment before your leave could be extended. What you need to proof therefore, is the fact that you are actively making effort to get a job by providing all relevant evidences of the job interviews e.t.c.

In as much you could do that, you won't have any problem, moreso your wife is having a good job. I will suggest you open a joint bank account to reflect both names as you may need to attach this alongside with you extension application.

Even on this forum, we have read about people who haven't started/gotten a job and got their extension. What they all presented was evidence that they're actively seeking job.

One last advice, stay away from public funds, if you are not cleared about what these are, seek advice - during this initial 4 years period you are not entitled to it and they can decline your extension application if you are receiving it.

Take care.

newhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by newhsmp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:49 pm

Goldenheart,

Really appreciate your feedback - thanks very much for the same.

I guess it is a tough market out there and the critical thing is not to lose hope or give up. The odds are definitely stacked up against foreign immigrants here in the UK.

But there are examples of folks cracking good job offers within a short while of their arrival in the UK. Ofcourse, I understand that it also depends on which industry one belongs to.

I would like to take heart from the many success stories on this forum. Here is all the best to my fellow hsmp jobseekers.