ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC request 10 years employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hristina_Iv
Newly Registered

HMRC request 10 years employment history

Post by Hristina_Iv » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:06 pm

Dear all,

I am currently trying to complete this https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ployer.pdf HMRC form to request 10 years of employment history (Nov 2010 – Nov 2020) for a naturalisation application – can you please confirm I am using the correct form?

1. I am a little confused as to why there are 5 fields to enter past employer names and dates and what to enter there. I can complete the more recent permanent positions I’ve had, but the reason why I would like to send this form is exactly to double check what they have on record for the earlier periods when I was a student and doing small jobs in university and about. I’ve about 10 different positions over the past 10 years, and there has been multiple company name changes for few of them while I was employed, hence why I wanted to align with their records – do they account for these changes or name is stated as a separate employer even if it’s the same company?

2. Will I only get a confirmation for the positions I specify in the form, or HMRC will supply me with all the data (employers, dates) they have for the Nov 2010 – Nov 2020 period, if that is what I request (but do not give them the names myself for them to confirm)? How do I ensure I obtain that information using the form?

3. What is best to enter in the previous employers fields, I am an unsure of the exact dates and employer name (eg not sure if it was the university name, or the caterer company the uni employs etc – I have no records).

Many thanks,
Hristina

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: HMRC request 10 years employment history

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:12 am

The same information you can acquire instantly than using the laggard postal form by simply registering with HMRC portal at:

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc ... s/register

Also, as per few posters, the estimated date of employments can be given on the naturalisation form where if accurate ones wont be ascertainable.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ocean7
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: HMRC request 10 years employment history

Post by ocean7 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi,

You can request 10 years employment history by filling online following form,

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hmrc-subject-access-request