ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:52 pm

saiqabb wrote:Ye i gave a p60 i tink or p45 dnt knw wich and my work letter was typed on the computer and the new job letter was done by the accountant who does my new job slips.That dsnt worry me but aprntly u have to get a letter 4rm the local jobcntre to say u dnt receive any benefits but i ddnt get dat letter.Apart 4rm that i hopefully had evrytn.
saqibb who told u that u have to get a letter from the jobcentre to show u r not claiming benifts, i provided about 10 weekly payslips and a letter from employer which was just 3 lines , and i did not inlcude any jobcentre letter, alhamdulillah mu wife got the visa, but i dont claim any type of benifits anyway

good luck anyway

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi Sohail - what accomodation information did you provide??

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Yeah hi Sohail i dnt knw but the paper where evrytn i needed waz givn by my uncle who has helped people.So i dnt really knw if its needed or not but i ddnt get a letter.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:52 pm

oahmed wrote:Hi Sohail - what accomodation information did you provide??
hi oahmed

i included a letter stating that how many units are available and how many are covered, by whom, and how many left, in teh same letter it also said that u know its ok for living and meets the acts (whatever it is).

so i included just one property inspection report, but it wasnt from council, it was from another registered comp.

i also included a letter from my parents stating that they allow us to live for as long as we wish without any rent or condition.

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 am

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well, a quick update my wife will arrive in the UK on Sunday god willing. Does anyone know what questions she will be asked or is there anything we need to prepare for.

Also for the people that are waiting for a reply, this is only my theory but I thinks it's pretty accurate as it worked for me and Sohail,oahmed. I applied on the 3rd and received a response on the 9th. So I think the following should apply not including weekends.

3rd July - 9 September
4th July - 10 September
5th July - 11 September

Oahmed : all I did was to write a letter from a parent stating that they are happy for me to reside with them for as long as I wish and not to make me or my wife homeless. Also included a utility bill with the home owners name.

Thank you all once again this forum was an excellent reference point for me when I was applying , I do not suggest in any way that I know everything with how the process works but I have a clear idea so if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 am

Thx ChelseaRule & Sohail ... you help & support has been brilliant.

Basically to tell you where my situation is now - we are going to submit a new application and ensure that the 2 points of failure are more than adequately addressed.

Im on the case of getting the evidence for this & will be getting my wife to submit in the next week or so.

It elongates the process but was advised that te appeal route is long (min 3 mths ... could be 5/6mths) and the communications from them are really poor. Also given my faillure points I should be ok inshallah provided I ensure the points are all addressed.

I will keep you al informed of progress - please make dua for me :D

ChelseaRule/Sohail - I pray you have very happy lives with you wives :D

princess22

Post by princess22 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

chelsearule wrote:Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well, a quick update my wife will arrive in the UK on Sunday god willing. Does anyone know what questions she will be asked or is there anything we need to prepare for.
Hey Chelsea,

Just ask your wife to have her docs she recived from BHC in her hand language ie TB test certificate as they may ask to see them (didnt ask for them however better to be safe).

My hubby and me travelled together which was good for him as he hasnt travelled anywhere outwith Pakistan. He was asked what his name was, what his wifes name was and when did we get married. The guy at immigration was really lovely, this was in Glasgow airport.

It was easy considering the rumours you hear, they didnt even do a small interview just those 3 questions and that was us!!

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:25 am

morning everyone i have just checked the website and it says passport ready to collect so saiqabb u could b expecting an answer soon.

please pray my wife has the visa.

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:44 am

Omg congratz and gud luck hopefully ul have the visa Ali im so happy for you......Plz pray i hear sumtin soon....Keep us updated when u find out if u got it or not and when the visa was stamped.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:44 am

Good luck Ali - is your wife collecting it today??? or Monday now???
Inshallah it will be good news :D

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 pm

she will be going on monday inshallah. i really hope she has the visa.

saiqabb dnt wory ul hear sumthing soon. inshallah

maj97

Post by maj97 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:14 pm

hope its good news for u ali!! when did ur wife apply????

faaniali

Are these documents sufficient & how long do it takes?

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Are these documents sufficient & how long do it takes to process if applied from karachi for a spouse visa.

• Sponsorship letter from me including my expenditure breakdown.
• Job Letter from Company confirming my fulltime permanent
employment (Working as a software engineer).
• Permanent job contract.
• 6 months salary slips (Monthly Salary: £1600).
• 6 months bank statement (Balance £4600).
• Tenancy agreement.
• Letter of permission from landlord for my wife stay including size of
property.
• 2 Proof of address.
• Photocopy of passport (Attested by UK Solicitor).
• HSMP Visa Copy (Attested by UK Solicitor).
• HSMP Approval letter copy (Attested by UK Solicitor).
• Original marriage certificate & English translation.
• Photograph’s of my wedding ceremony.
• Photocopy of my Original full UK Driving license & Counter part.

Do it really takes 8 to 10 weeks now a days.... :oops: :( if the answer is YES,, then its too much annoying and frustating man,,, 2 monthssss :cry: it use to be 10 days to 15, isnit?

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:06 pm

maj97 my wife applied on the 14th july.

another two days to wait until we can c what was the answer frm the embassy.

please pray 4 me. inshallah she will have the visa

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:56 pm

my wife has lost the receipt does anyone know what she has to do now?

please could sum1 let me knw asap

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:03 pm

my friend lost the reciept, so the only way was to call gerry's office and let them know name and date of birth. The do find out from the system.

kam1
Newly Registered

Re: has my wife got her visa.

Post by kam1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Hello,

Just checked the website for a status and it says the following:

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 12 Sep 2008

Does this mean my wife has been granted visa, because others have mentioned that the message they receive is "your passport is ready for collection"

someon reply urgently! I just hope she has got it!

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Well, they never ever tell on the web or even on the phone that visa is issued or not. they only tell if the passport is ready to be collect. But i wish you good luck,,, Just keep praying... everything will be positive...Inshah Allah.

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:10 pm

kami,, when did your wife applied and how long did they took to process application?

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

from those that have got a response and receieved the visa, what did the website say?

im bricking it!

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:13 pm

She applied on the 17th July.

Im really worried, and i don't think the visa office in mirpur opens untill monday!

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:16 pm

aaaahh, thats really hair pulling situation man. I understand but trust me i know they dont tell about the visa issuance status on phone or even on the website. In karachi the passport collection works saturday as well,, might be same for mirpur??

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:24 pm

Just find out that on saturday its closed in karachi as well. :? So it took about 2 month to process the application :cry: was that Spouse visa or Settlement visa and r u immigrant/student or uk national.

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm a UK national, She is applying for a settlement visa.

Not sure i will be able to sleep untill i find out!

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:39 pm

I agree you won't be able to sleep bro... I'll pray for you as well. Inshah Allah she will get the visa stamped and without any hassle she will join you very soon and you both will have a happy life.

just keep praying :)