ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Most resent payslip/bank statement are compared with application date or Biometrics date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Is my IELTS LIFE SKILLs (B1) valid for ILR?

Post by Sim64 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi,

I booked the IELTS Life skills (B1) through the British Council with a centre within UK, and I passed the test last week.

I got the certificate and it has a UKVI number, but when I check the online-approved centres, I can’t find my centre there.

So, can use this language certificate or not for ILR?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Is my IELTS LIFE SKILLs (B1) valid for ILR?

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Sim64 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:01 pm
Hi,

I booked the IELTS Life skills (B1) through the British Council with a centre within UK, and I passed the test last week.

I got the certificate and it has a UKVI number, but when I check the online-approved centres, I can’t find my centre there.

If its not on the approved centres list, then no.

This is approved:

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... oved-tests
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:29 pm

But it has UKVI number on it, which confuses me.

As I understand, this means that it is recorded on the UKVI data centre as a proof of LEVEL B1 within its validity period.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Sim64 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:29 pm
But it has UKVI number on it, which confuses me.

As I understand, this means that it is recorded on the UKVI data centre as a proof of LEVEL B1 within its validity period.
Ask exam provider
Please correct me, if I am wrong.
As CULLINAN pointed out, there are requirements to be met before it can be accepted, if it is not on the approved list that was attached then you may have to take another test....this time choose from approved list.
You may want to check with BC and engage them on the acceptability of your B1 certificate for the intended purpose.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Sim64 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:01 pm
Hi,

Since the beginning of this year, the list of English test is becoming bit chameleon by changing imperceptibly but it at least gives some period of transition during which the test can be used. Most often the new list supersede the previous one, however, if you have saved the old list then it may contain on its top its transitional period which can be argued.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:59 pm

So, what is the point of having UKVI number on it? So what is does then?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Sim64 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:59 pm
So, what is the point of having UKVI number on it? So what is does then?
That is a unique verification code for UKVI to verify the authenticity of the test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 am

Hi,

I have talked to British Council, and they told;

Dont look at the approved list :shock: , any IELTS exam for UKVI (which requires a UKVI CODE on the certificate) taken from British Council, must be accepted by the HO. This is because if the centre was not authorized by the HO, we were not able to take the test and give a certificate. They assured me, regardless of the approved list, proceed my ILR application with the IELTS life skills (B1) exam which its test centre is not on the list of the home office!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:27 pm

AmazonianX wrote:Ask exam provider[/highlight]
Since exam provider has responded as below, you may proceed as per their guidance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Sim64 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 am
Hi,

I have talked to British Council, and they told;

Dont look at the approved list :shock: , any IELTS exam for UKVI (which requires a UKVI CODE on the certificate) taken from British Council, must be accepted by the HO. This is because if the centre was not authorized by the HO, we were not able to take the test and give a certificate. They assured me, regardless of the approved list, proceed my ILR application with the IELTS life skills (B1) exam which its test centre is not on the list of the home office!

I will still remain skeptic because the staff aren't cognizant to immigration rules, however, as stated earlier you most likely be covered by the transitional period which can only be exactly known by that list of test.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:38 pm

What I understood from my chat with british council was that,they run IELTS life skills 'FOR ' UKVI, which means they just running the test under the authrization/SUPERVISION of UKVI, therefore, it has to be accepted by HO. Because they were sure, the IELTS for UKVI can not be taken somewhere which was not approved by HO.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:05 am

You should make sure the test that you book is the one approved for SELT:

IELTS SELT Consortium: ‘IELTS for UKVI’
LanguageCert: ‘LanguageCert International ESOL SELT’
Trinity College London: ‘Secure English Language Tests for UKVI’
Pearson: ‘PTE Academic UKVI’ or ‘PTE Home’
You will find your SELT unique reference number on your test result as:

UKVI number for IELTS SELT Consortium tests
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location

As long you used the above link to book a test, you are okay as this is what the official guidance say.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:25 am

IELTS Life Skills – B1: Indefinite leave to remain
IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training)

IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training for UKVI are designed to meet certain administrative requirements that are specified by the UK Home Office.
The actual test taken is the same as IELTS (for all other purposes), same content, examiners, format, level of difficulty, scoring and so on. If you are in doubt as to which test version to take, you should contact the organisation you are applying to check their requirements.

IELTS Life Skills - A1, A2 and B1

IELTS Life Skills - A1: is for the family route
• Family life as a partner of a settled person (spouse/partner)
• Family life as a parent (parent of a dependant).
IELTS Life Skills – A2: is for the family route (extension)
• Settlement/permanent residency.
IELTS Life Skills – B1: British Citizenship

• Naturalisation

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:01 am

If you follow the link you sent and go for a booking an IELTS life skill exam B1, still you can book an oppiontment in CARDIFF centre with the test centre code GBS08 which is not on the approved list of HO.

I also contacted Cardiff Centre (GBS08) and they assured me, regardless of the approved list, any life skill-b1 exam taken there is absolutly valid for any UKVI application.

Hopefully, anything will be ok then.
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:05 am
You should make sure the test that you book is the one approved for SELT:

IELTS SELT Consortium: ‘IELTS for UKVI’
LanguageCert: ‘LanguageCert International ESOL SELT’
Trinity College London: ‘Secure English Language Tests for UKVI’
Pearson: ‘PTE Academic UKVI’ or ‘PTE Home’
You will find your SELT unique reference number on your test result as:

UKVI number for IELTS SELT Consortium tests
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location

As long you used the above link to book a test, you are okay as this is what the official guidance say.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:14 am

This is the response I got from the Cardiff centre (GBS08) which is still not on the approved list of HO:

``Thank you for your enquiry.

The test centre venues have been amended due to COVID-19. I can assure you, any IELTS for UKVI test booked through the British Council will be suitable for immigration applications.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards''

It seems they are sure regarding the test they are providing, however, based on the HO guideline it is CLEAR that the test center has to be on the approved list.

I really dont like my ILR application get refused just because of the Language Test!

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:25 am
IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training)

IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training for UKVI are designed to meet certain administrative requirements that are specified by the UK Home Office.
The actual test taken is the same as IELTS (for all other purposes), same content, examiners, format, level of difficulty, scoring and so on. If you are in doubt as to which test version to take, you should contact the organisation you are applying to check their requirements.

IELTS Life Skills - A1, A2 and B1

IELTS Life Skills - A1: is for the family route
IELTS Life Skills – A2: is for the family route (extension)
• Settlement/permanent residency.
IELTS Life Skills – B1: British Citizenship

• Naturalisation

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:48 pm

Sim64 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:14 am
This is the response I got from the Cardiff centre (GBS08) which is still not on the approved list of HO:

``Thank you for your enquiry.

The test centre venues have been amended due to COVID-19. I can assure you, any IELTS for UKVI test booked through the British Council will be suitable for immigration applications.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards''

It seems they are sure regarding the test they are providing, however, based on the HO guideline it is CLEAR that the test center has to be on the approved list.

I really dont like my ILR application get refused just because of the Language Test!
Good to reconfirm again especially in writing but your test will definitely be accepted.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Most resent payslip/bank statement are compared with application date or Biometrics date?

Post by Sim64 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I am confused regarding the validity the payslip and bank statement. They must be the most recent one, but compared to what? Date of application or Date of Biometrics taken?

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Most resent payslip/bank statement are compared with application date or Biometrics date?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:48 am

Sim64 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:44 am
Hi Everyone,

I am confused regarding the validity the payslip and bank statement. They must be the most recent one, but compared to what? Date of application or Date of Biometrics taken?

Thanks.
Within 28 days of the date of application

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Most resent payslip/bank statement are compared with application date or Biometrics date?

Post by poper » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:48 am

Date of application
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

CAn I apply withing 28 days AND attend Biometrics Appointment in 28 days period window???

Post by Sim64 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could clarify this to me. My quantifying date is Nov 29th, I just send my application Nov 3rd which is obviously withing 28 days window. Can I also attend my biometrics appointment before NOV 29th or I HAVE TO to book it after Nov 29th to make sure at the time of decision I am qualified?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: CAn I apply withing 28 days AND attend Biometrics Appointment in 28 days period window???

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:45 am

Sim64 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 am
Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could clarify this to me. My quantifying date is Nov 29th, I just send my application Nov 3rd which is obviously withing 28 days window. Can I also attend my biometrics appointment before NOV 29th or I HAVE TO to book it after Nov 29th to make sure at the time of decision I am qualified?

Thanks
Firts do NOT start a new post and keep all your question in this thread. You should book your appointment on the date you are eligible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: CAn I apply withing 28 days AND attend Biometrics Appointment in 28 days period window???

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 am

Sim64 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could clarify this to me. My quantifying date is Nov 29th, I just send my application Nov 3rd which is obviously withing 28 days window. Can I also attend my biometrics appointument before NOV 29th or I HAVE TO to book it after Nov 29th to make sure at the time of decision I am qualified?

Thanks
Make it on or after 29th Nov.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:50 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 am
Sim64 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could clarify this to me. My quantifying date is Nov 29th, I just send my application Nov 3rd which is obviously withing 28 days window. Can I also attend my biometrics appointument before NOV 29th or I HAVE TO to book it after Nov 29th to make sure at the time of decision I am qualified?

Thanks
Make it on or after 29th Nov.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:51 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:45 am
Sim64 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Firts do NOT start a new post and keep all your question in this thread. You should book your appointment on the date you are eligible
Thanks Zimba.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Your history says, you are applying ILR via Tier 2. You are eligible from when you complete 5 years minus 28 days counting from initial visa issue date. If you applied on 3rd Nov (assuming you are eligible on this date for ILR), you can book a biometrics appointment for the very next day also or any time after 3rd Nov till biometrics deadline.

If you look tonight 12AM GMT, you will see earliest slots for 1st Dec anyways unless there are any cancellations and you may end up getting an earlier slot.