ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR but what impact on dependent?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

Successful ILR but what impact on dependent?

Post by jas » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Hello,

This got me worrying, please advise.

I got ILR but couldn't include my wife (who is currently on dependent visa) on same application at that time. Now that my application is successful, we are going to apply FLR(M) for her. But someone mentioned this evening that as now my ILR has superseded my WP visa, that means wife's current dependent visa is technically invalid. Is it really a serious issue? Will it have any implications on her FLR(M) application.

Thanks.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm

I think you should be ok with a FLR (M) application but I will let senior members comment on that. On a side note is there any particular reason you did not include your wife as your dependent? Would have saved you a lot of hasstle.

jas

Post by jas » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 pm

jazbaati99,

Thanks. It was just that were not confident enough on my ILR application, secondly we didn't wanted both of our passports stuck for a long at home office - at least one of us could still travel if required. But you rightly mentioned that it would have saved hassle.

I hope as you say that it should be okay for my wife to go for FLR(M).

Thanks again.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:35 am

I am open to correction but since your wife did not obtain ILR as your dependent, she may now need to get spouse leave immediately and wait a further two years for ILR that way.

You should probably consult an immigration lawyer to see if there is any alternative.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 am

jas wrote:
secondly we didn't wanted both of our passports stuck for a long at home office
You are not going to have your passports anyway as you need to send both of them to the HO for the FLR(M). So it defeats the purpose.

Apply for your wife asap!!! as my brother applied for ILR on the 10 year route and then sent off his wife's passport as soon as he had received his ILR and she got her FLR(M) done. I think the gap betwen him receiving his ILR and sending his wife's application was 14 days.

Biggie.

jas

Post by jas » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Biggie

Thanks to you and all. I got my ILR stamped on 9th Sept, and as have documents ready for wife's FLR(M), we will definitely apply by mid next week.

But do you think this will have any serious impact on success of her FLR(M) application?

Thanks.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Jas,

You should be ok, just get it done asap!!!

Biggie.