ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help to Buy scheme, can my non eu husband on Spouse Visa also apply for this?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BecomingIrishCitizen
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Help to Buy scheme, can my non eu husband on Spouse Visa also apply for this?

Post by BecomingIrishCitizen » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Sorry I am not sure what section to post this thread in.

I am a British national, and my husband is Non EU. He currently has a spouse visa which has recently been renewed. We are in the process of applying for a mortgage to buy a house, however we have very limited lenders due to his status and because he does not have ILR.

He is the main earner with the highest income, therefore if I just do it in my name, it will not be sufficient enough as I only work part-time. Another option we are looking into is Help to Buy scheme, which I understand is not a public fund, but again, I have read here and there that we are not eligible because my husband does not have ILR status.

Q is: Can I still get it on the basis of me being a British national, and he can be added on as a joint applicant as our incomes both need to be added together to get 75% of the mortgage (5% deposit which we have, and 25% equity loan from the gov, if he is allowed that).

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help to Buy scheme, can my non eu husband on Spouse Visa also apply for this?

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Ideally, try to find a well versed mortgage advisor in your town who will give you the accurate answer, because the criteria has been tightening up day by day due to unprecedented number of first time home buyers to avail the stamp duty holidays.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.