ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from 10 years partner route to 5 years. Can i combine the both visas to qualify for SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bilsadam
Newly Registered

Switching from 10 years partner route to 5 years. Can i combine the both visas to qualify for SET(M)

Post by Bilsadam » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 am

Hi all,

I would appreciate your help with this question.

I was granted 10 years partner visa in 2016 then I switch to 5 years in 2018. I current 2.5 years on the 5 years partner route is due to end in January 2021. Can I apply for SET (M) by combining the visas. My partner is a British Citizen.

On the gov website the eligibility criteria did not specify whether the 5 years has to be on the same visa as seen below.

"If you’ve got a family visa as a partner or spouse on the 5-year route, you must have been living in the UK for 5 years.

If you’re on the 2-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 2 years.

If you’re on the 10-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 10 years.

If you’re not sure which route you’re on, check the letter you got from the Home Office when your ‘leave to remain’ was last approved".

I would appreciate your quick response. Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from 10 years partner route to 5 years. Can i combine the both visas to qualify for SET(M)

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:53 am

Bilsadam wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 am
Hi all,

I would appreciate your help with this question.

I was granted 10 years partner visa in 2016 then I switch to 5 years in 2018. I current 2.5 years on the 5 years partner route is due to end in January 2021. Can I apply for SET (M) by combining the visas. My partner is a British Citizen.

On the gov website the eligibility criteria did not specify whether the 5 years has to be on the same visa as seen below.

"If you’ve got a family visa as a partner or spouse on the 5-year route, you must have been living in the UK for 5 years.

If you’re on the 2-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 2 years.

If you’re on the 10-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 10 years.

If you’re not sure which route you’re on, check the letter you got from the Home Office when your ‘leave to remain’ was last approved".

I would appreciate your quick response. Thank you
You can not combine both 10 and 5 years route to get the time needed for SET M. Need to complete the time on your current route.

Bilsadam
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from 10 years partner route to 5 years. Can i combine the both visas to qualify for SET(M)

Post by Bilsadam » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:07 am

Thank you for the quick response. I thought as much but the reason I asked the question is because I filled in check your eligibility on https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk and as seen in my previous post as a spouse it did not say on this vis as it shows in previous post

If you’ve got a family visa as a partner or spouse on the 5-year route, you must have been living in the UK for 5 years.

If you’re on the 2-year route, you must have been living in the UK on that visa for 2 years

Take care
Bil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:21 am

There is no longer a two year route. That specifically ONLY applies to those who applied for and held a spouse visa issued before 9th July 2012, which is when the rules changed. This 2 year option does not apply to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.