ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicants ILR, sons naturalisation and spouse visa queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Main applicants ILR, sons naturalisation and spouse visa queries

Post by Vavi » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi All

It will be helpful if I can get responses to the below queries related to My ILR, my sons naturalisation and my wife's spouse visa.

I am on Tier 2 General Visa. My entry clearance was issued on 22-Dec-15 and i entered the UK on 19-Jan-16. My current Tier 2 visa is expiring on 30-Dec-20. Can i apply for ILR 28 days prior to 22-Dec-20? Is it mandatory to upload my previous academic/educational certificates if I have passed the Trinity college B1 exam and LIUK exam recently? Also, i am planning to apply for my ILR at the end of Nov and my wife's spouse visa and my son's naturalisation at the end of Dec. Is it advised to submit all application together or can i submit my application first?

Son's naturalisation - My son was born in the UK and he currently has Indian passport and UK visa as my dependent. Can i apply for Son's naturalisation even if I am awaiting my ILR?

Wife's spouse visa - My wife completed 3 years in the UK and i believe I need to apply for her partner/spouse visa. Can i apply for her spouse visa even if I am awaiting my ILR?

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Main applicants ILR, sons naturalisation and spouse visa queries

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:01 pm

Vavi wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm
Hi All

It will be helpful if I can get responses to the below queries related to My ILR, my sons naturalisation and my wife's spouse visa.

I am on Tier 2 General Visa. My entry clearance was issued on 22-Dec-15 and i entered the UK on 19-Jan-16. My current Tier 2 visa is expiring on 30-Dec-20. Can i apply for ILR 28 days prior to 22-Dec-20?
YesIs it mandatory to upload my previous academic/educational certificates if I have passed the Trinity college B1 exam and LIUK exam recently? B1 ie enoughAlso, i am planning to apply for my ILR at the end of Nov and my wife's spouse visa and my son's naturalisation at the end of Dec. Is it advised to submit all application together or can i submit my application first?

Son's naturalisation - My son was born in the UK and he currently has Indian passport and UK visa as my dependent. Can i apply for Son's naturalisation even if I am awaiting my ILR?
No. You can register your UK born as BC only after you have ILR. Note, no need to apply any visa for your UK born son. His visa expiry is irrelevant to his entitlement to be registered as BC after you have ILR

Wife's spouse visa - My wife completed 3 years in the UK and i believe I need to apply for her partner/spouse visa. Can i apply for her spouse visa even if I am awaiting my ILR?
Yes. She must apply for an extension before her visa expiry. Her visa will only be accepted if your ILR is accepted first. Note she will continue as a PBS dep, given you are applying for ILR via Tier 2 route. You need to apply a PBS extension for her

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Vavi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi Cullinan

Thank you very much for a prompt response. Really appreciate it. It will be helpful if i can have some guidance for below questions.
1. Does ILR decision impacts if one credit card was defaulted and payment was settled? Do I need to declare it if the card payment was settled a year back?

2. Is this the correct link for my wife's PBS dependent visa? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1604319532

3. Is it ok if i submit my son's naturalisation before my ILR comes? (one of solicitor suggested that this could be done)

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 pm

1) Did you get a CCJ or settled before that?

2) https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

3) NO
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Vavi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Wow, your responses are very quick. Appreciate it.

1.I have Equifax credit report of Nov-20 and "Court information and other public records"
section shows "No Data Present" for all my addresses. Does it mean i don't have CCJ's?

2. Noted and Thanks

3. I need to wait till my ILR is approved to apply for my Son's naturalisation. Is my understanding correct?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 pm

1) Looks like it. It is settled so it will have no impact. If you did not have a CCJ, no need to mention either.

3) Correct.

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Vavi » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:23 pm

Thanks a lot Cullinan. Very prompt responses.

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Vavi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi Cullinan.
1. My company has given my ILR paperwork to immigration consultant and she is suggesting me to apply for ILR around 24-Dec-20 as i entered UK on 19-Jan-16. I mentioned her that since my T2 entry clearance was issued on 22-Dec-15, we can apply after 25-Nov-20. When i studied page 11 of the document given in below link, it looks like i can apply 28 days before my 5 year anniversary of visa stamp date. Please suggest when can i apply? Is there any link in addition to below link to support this?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

2. For my wife's PBS extension, would we need cohabitation documents? If yes, do we have to submit 3 separate documents from different sources such as water bill, electricity bill and council tax?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Vavi wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 pm
Hi Cullinan.
1. My company has given my ILR paperwork to immigration consultant and she is suggesting me to apply for ILR around 24-Dec-20 as i entered UK on 19-Jan-16. I mentioned her that since my T2 entry clearance was issued on 22-Dec-15, we can apply after 25-Nov-20. When i studied page 11 of the document given in below link, it looks like i can apply 28 days before my 5 year anniversary of visa stamp date. Yes

Please suggest when can i apply? Is there any link in addition to below link to support this?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

2. For my wife's PBS extension, would we need cohabitation documents? If yes, do we have to submit 3 separate documents from different sources such as water bill, electricity bill and council tax every quarter for last 2 years

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Vavi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Thank you Cullinan.

1. Is there additional link to support 28 days criteria?

2. We have 2 tenancy agreements for 2 years, council tax bills for 2 years and water bill on a quarterly basis. Is that enough?

3. Also, if we take Certificate of Residency for my wife and me from council, will that be acceptable?
The letter states "This is to confirm that ABC is on the Register of Electors 2019 / 2020 at the above
address for election purposes only. The electoral roll number is ABC on this register.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:14 pm

1) You already have the official link.

2) You can add more documents in solo names but same address like bank statements etc. Any source could be used.

3) Yes. You can use the letter for electoral register also.

Vavi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Vavi » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Thanks Cullinan.
1. I may have to travel outside country and exploring some options for my son's settlement. If I apply for my sons naturalisation after my ILR it may take a lot of time and may delay travel plans. My son was born here, has Indian passport and PBS dependent visa. Can I apply for my son's ILR if I am applying for ILR and my wife is applying for PBS dependent extension?
2. Is it mandatory than both parents should spend 5 year in the UK before their kids are eligible for ILR?