ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO Liverpool

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apostrophe
Newly Registered
Poland

HMPO Liverpool

Post by apostrophe » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:08 am

Good morning everyone,
I was going through the British passport processing times thread and I noticed that there are hardly any people who sent their documents to HMPO Liverpool. According to the thread there, other HMPOs process applications within maximum 3 weeks, whereas for HMPO Liverpool it takes much longer (up to 3 months sometimes). Also the last time someone sent their application there was in August. Does anybody have any experience with Liverpool and could advise why it takes so long there? Or perhaps the process has sped up now? Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: HMPO Liverpool

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:02 pm

apostrophe wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:08 am
Good morning everyone,
I was going through the British passport processing times thread and I noticed that there are hardly any people who sent their documents to HMPO Liverpool. According to the thread there, other HMPOs process applications within maximum 3 weeks, whereas for HMPO Liverpool it takes much longer (up to 3 months sometimes). Also the last time someone sent their application there was in August. Does anybody have any experience with Liverpool and could advise why it takes so long there? Or perhaps the process has sped up now? Thank you.
No one can really answer this. You can only wait or contact HMPO.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 am

apostrophe wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:08 am
Good morning everyone,
I feel your pain! I too struggled to see many posts about applications made to HMPO Liverpool. As I now live in Singapore the online application instructed me to send my daughter's renewal application to Liverpool. I don't understand why it takes them longer than other Passport Offices. Equally, I don't understand why they take longer for overseas applications. After 6-7 weeks they've finally approved her renewal and I'd really love to know what really takes so long! I am still to receive the new passport and supporting documents.

Good luck to you mate!

rayclark
Singapore

Post by rayclark » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 am

Oh and btw... I called after 4 weeks to get an update. They told me it hadn't yet been assigned to someone to process.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:22 am

rayclark wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 am
Oh and btw... I called after 4 weeks to get an update. They told me it hadn't yet been assigned to someone to process.
This is pretty outrageous! Something is wrong with their Liverpool branch. I've been waiting for them to correct my certificate for over 5 weeks now and heard nothing back.