ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euscape1
United Kingdom

British Naturalisation

Post by euscape1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:21 am

Hi All,

I am presently filling out an online application for naturalisation.My settled status will be exactly 12 month by the 7th of November but am just filling the info to be submitted on the 8th of November.

I have come across a question that says, ‘have u made any immigration application in the U.K. including asylum’ ?

I have applied for settled status last year and I did Biometric as well as my EEA residence permit many years ago.Can those points suffice for the question above?

Secondly; the referees are my professional colleagues and one of them is like a mentor/advisor to me. Is that enough or do I need to look for a teacher or nurse?

Please advise.

Thanks and God bless!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British Naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am

Yes you should mention all UK immigration applications.

For referee requirements see:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:53 am

Thank you Cullinan,

I checked the list of referees and found :Manager/Personnel Officer( of Limited company). One of my referees is a financial consultant and has a registered company. Does that suffice for the criteria?

Please advise.

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:56 pm

euscape1 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:53 am
Thank you Cullinan,

I checked the list of referees and found :Manager/Personnel Officer( of Limited company). One of my referees is a financial consultant and has a registered company. Does that suffice for the criteria?

Please advise.

Thank you.
The criteria is clearly mentioned on the referee forms. Arrange accordingly.
Requirements of a referee
Each referee should know the applicant personally.
For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).

For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 pm

Thank you.

Lastly please, there is a checklist that says; ‘if you spent some of that time in the U.K. as a student or as a self sufficient person and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CIS), a copy of your sickness insurance policy’.

I found this on the concluding part of the checklist and wants to know if my application requires a CiS?

Just a preamble about my history.I was on a tier 4 before marrying an EEA National, now divorced and also I completed my Degree here in the U.K. Does this mean I need a CIS in the British naturalisation application please?

Thanks

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:33 am

Just to add that I do have EHIC card.Does this suffice in this instance for the CSI or do I need to set up a new insurance premium?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 am

euscape1 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:33 am
Just to add that I do have EHIC card.Does this suffice in this instance for the CSI or do I need to set up a new insurance premium?

Thanks
You may get an answer here:

british-citizenship/csi-and-settle-stat ... 01196.html

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/compreh ... -needs-it/

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:14 am

Thank you.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Re: British Naturalization & Response Received (Via Settled Status)

Post by euscape1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi All,

Just one last clarification. I submitted my British naturalization application and the next day, i received like an auto response from the HO which comes with case ID and also mention it takes 6month for the application etc. Now, my question is underneath the message at the bottom end of the page, I saw 'Permanent Migration Team'.

I thought the message was meant to come from the British Naturalization Team or something. Can someone educate me if this is the right team that review for British Naturalization applications?

I just want to know if am on the right page and not mistakenly applied for a Perm residence instead of British naturalization (I applied with Settled Status)? Also to note, I paid £1,349.2 (inclusive of Biometric fee).

Please educate me.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:57 pm

AN is actually dealt by Permanent Migration Team. Nothing to worry. This is how it should be.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 pm

@Cullinan, thank you so much.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Re: British Naturalisation App - Self Employed

Post by euscape1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi All,

Being a self employed personnel, my last two financial year recorded losses.I am yet to file the current tax year but will like to submit the recent one which was the last financial year.

My question is, does recording/having losses or being in deficit for the employment period poses any challenge?

I also have a part-time job on PAYE which I started recently and obviously the P60 wont reflect any payments yet until next financial year April,2021.All these were recorded in my application when asked for 5 years employment history together with my current self employment.

Your clarification will be appreciated.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Employment is irrelevant. Profit/Loss is irrelevant. If you are self-employed just provide the latest self-assessment. All what matters is you are up to date with your tax if any due.

For all other jobs for last 10 years in UK, if you paid tax via PAYE, you only need to provide PAYE ref in the form.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Thank you.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi All,

Please advise if it is possible to travel after submission of naturalization application. I have an urgent trip and application is due for submission tomorrow which I wouldn't want to change nor postpone. Can anyone advise if there is a wat to beat about the system so I can make the trip?

Please advise.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:08 pm

euscape1 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi All,

Please advise if it is possible to travel after submission of naturalization application. I have an urgent trip and application is due for submission tomorrow which I wouldn't want to change nor postpone. Can anyone advise if there is a wat to beat about the system so I can make the trip?

Please advise.

Thanks
You are free to travel. Note you have to submit biometrics within 2 months. Also, you become British when you attend the ceremony. Before that, you are free to travel on ILR BRP.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:32 am

@Cullinan

Thank you so much.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Time Lines

Post by euscape1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi Again,

Does anyone have a link for December Naturalization Timelines please?

Thanks

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Am only trying to avoid duplication guys. If anyone has a link for December Times ( naturalization application)?

Thanks