ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:52 pm

@Ajitu92
Thank you for your kind words. Means alot.

PS: Haha. You are the statistician. No one could have answered it better than yourself :lol:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:03 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:52 pm
@Ajitu92
Thank you for your kind words. Means alot.

PS: Haha. You are the statistician. No one could have answered it better than yourself :lol:
@CULLINAN
The least I can do to appreciate all you do on this forum! I really don't know how you do it, but your notifications must be blowing up all the time! :D

P.S: Statistician might be stretch...but what can I say, I like numbers :lol: hehe, thank you, but I'm sure you'd give me a pretty darn good run for my money on that one :lol:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:09 am

@Ajitu92
Hehe yes :lol: 🤳🏼

Your analysis is commendable 👏
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:24 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:09 am
@Ajitu92

Why thank you, what can I say, I have the easy pick in terms of Set LR as it is all falling in order!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 am

jamd12 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:29 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm
Has anyone from end of July still waiting for decision? I applied 26/07 (set LR). Still nothing. Am I the only one left from July 😥
Still waiting and applied July 28th! Hopefully we will hear soon- as decisions pouring in.
Hopefully yes. As my BRP has expired in Sept, I don't guess I would be able to see any changes in RTW website as what I have found here from the comments that it only works for those whose previous BRP is valid until the decision arrives. Only thing left is emails that I'm regularly checking. Is your previous BRP valid?

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:52 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:24 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

Why thank you, what can I say, I have the easy pick in terms of Set LR as it is all falling in order!
It seems to be 'falling in order' for only those who managed to submit in-person bio metrics (I include myself in that finite few lucky ones) - Others who did IDV app submission are still waiting from Jun/Jul/Aug also
:| :|

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:05 am

mumofmini wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:52 am
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

It seems to be 'falling in order' for only those who managed to submit in-person bio metrics (I include myself in that finite few lucky ones) - Others who did IDV app submission are still waiting from Jun/Jul/Aug also
@ajitu92(statsman), have the July applicants still waiting for a decision submitted via IDV?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 am

mumofmini wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

Not for Set LR, no. Other routes, yes some are still waiting.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:37 am

poper wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:05 am
mumofmini wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

@ajitu92(statsman), have the July applicants still waiting for a decision submitted via IDV?
Nope, nothing to do with app/in-person for Set LR at least. I know the situation is a bit different for the other routes.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 am

poper wrote:
mumofmini wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ajitu92

I am an early August (5th of August) applicant and still waiting....

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:14 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:46 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:00 pm
Adding on what @Ajitu92 said. Once you click “book an appointment”, you will be rerouted to UKVCAS, where you will create an account. An access code will be sent which usually lands up in Junk folder.
Woohoo, I finally beat Mr. superspeed fingers aka @CULLINAN :lol: :lol:
I would like to take this moment to appreciate your efforts and thank you for helping others also.

This forum should not only be about seeking help for yourself but offer help to others also where you feel confident about the topic.

I know not everyone can offer help to all as they do not have the knowledge but at least Tier 2 can help Tier 2 applicants, SET(LR) can help SET(LR) etc.

I see you are helping others too which makes me happy :D

PS: More than happy to be beaten as your helping others :lol:

PS: Il let you answer the previous Q by @Adam17 😜
Thank you @CULLINAN, I appreciate your kind words. Thank you too, for helping all of us lost/nervous souls through the Home Office and related policy labyrinth! I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that yourself and all the other key members/moderators of this forum have been instrumental in the people's (sometimes life changing) journey of UK immigration, even if it was just as simple as people seeking assurance of their own reading/interpretation of the immigration rules.

I definitely agree with you, and hence I'm just trying to do whatever (little) I can to help wherever and whenever I can. The confidence factor is key!

P.S: Thank you for the opportunity...very gracious of you to allow me to type another essay in response to @Adam17 😜😂

Weldone for all that you do, I appreciate you👏👏👏 ....and yes I am still lurking😃. If I was to be the home office, you would be granted Naturalisation instead.....

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:19 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:37 am
poper wrote:
mumofmini wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

Nope, nothing to do with app/in-person for Set LR at least. I know the situation is a bit different for the other routes.
I too thought so. One of my contacts a July applicant only did IDV and got decision
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 am

fx125 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:39 pm
toivy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:20 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:09 pm
toivy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm

Thank you very much. Do you know if it is a signature delivery?
Many in this forum have reported their BRPs being delivered through the letterbox
That's why I feel strange, as on their website, they claim a signature is required for all deliveries for UKVI.
In theory, its a Signature Delivery and the UKVI should send you Tracking Number. But UKVI also mentioned that due to covid and contact-free, signature is no longer require. In my case, I came down to receive the post but the guy did not ask for signature.
That makes sense, thank you very much!

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:53 am

stonelove wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:21 pm
toivy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 pm
fx125 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:51 pm
UKVI will send you a tracking number. Once you have that, the TNT Tracking portal will tell you exactly what date it will be delivered. But if UKVI didnt send you the tracking number, you can not get it from TNT Customer Service as couriers from UKVI is handled by a special team and CS team do not have access to.
Thank you very much. Do you know if it is a signature delivery?
I never received any tracking email my BRP card was posted ordinarily through my letter box.
OK, I think I have to contact the person who lives in my old address to keep an eye now, thanks!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:03 am

Luluokis29 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:14 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:46 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 pm

Woohoo, I finally beat Mr. superspeed fingers aka @CULLINAN :lol: :lol:
I would like to take this moment to appreciate your efforts and thank you for helping others also.

This forum should not only be about seeking help for yourself but offer help to others also where you feel confident about the topic.

I know not everyone can offer help to all as they do not have the knowledge but at least Tier 2 can help Tier 2 applicants, SET(LR) can help SET(LR) etc.

I see you are helping others too which makes me happy :D

PS: More than happy to be beaten as your helping others :lol:

PS: Il let you answer the previous Q by @Adam17 😜
Thank you @CULLINAN, I appreciate your kind words. Thank you too, for helping all of us lost/nervous souls through the Home Office and related policy labyrinth! I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that yourself and all the other key members/moderators of this forum have been instrumental in the people's (sometimes life changing) journey of UK immigration, even if it was just as simple as people seeking assurance of their own reading/interpretation of the immigration rules.

I definitely agree with you, and hence I'm just trying to do whatever (little) I can to help wherever and whenever I can. The confidence factor is key!

P.S: Thank you for the opportunity...very gracious of you to allow me to type another essay in response to @Adam17 😜😂

Weldone for all that you do, I appreciate you👏👏👏 ....and yes I am still lurking😃. If I was to be the home office, you would be granted Naturalisation instead.....
Thank you for your kind words @Luluokis29! Glad to see you're sill lurking :D

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:07 am

1st day of lockdown and nobody has reported any decision so far. What a great start...

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am

klownking wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:07 am
1st day of lockdown and nobody has reported any decision so far. What a great start...
@klownking
Mate, I have avoided saying anything till now, but I have been observing your posts for a while. You need to relax and let go. We're all in the same situation and there is nothing really in our hands anymore. I understand it's uneasy, unnerving and nerve-racking but there's not much we can do other than wait throughout the service standard time period. It has been but a few hours into the day and still too early to say anything about how badly this lockdown is affecting/will affect things.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:34 am

Decisions have been reported on BC forum today so yes HO is working.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:36 am

@CULLINAN thanks bro, at least we know HO are still working and sending out decisions.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:37 am

klownking wrote:
It will come. Frustration is ok. Just have faith. We've all come a long way to be here.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:38 am

@ajitu92 I agree, we need to be patient and supportive in this forum. Nothing else we can do really.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:39 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:38 am
@ajitu92 I agree, we need to be patient and supportive in this forum. Nothing else we can do really.
👆

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:46 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:39 am
Ameline wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:38 am
👆
@CULLINAN, thank you for reporting the BC forum status, helps us all! :)

@Ameline exactly! 10000% agree. Panic inducing posts like the previous one help no one. This forum is all about solidarity, so frustration is understandable but still.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:47 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am
klownking wrote:
@klownking
Mate, I have avoided saying anything till now, but I have been observing your posts for a while. You need to relax and let go. We're all in the same situation and there is nothing really in our hands anymore. I understand it's uneasy, unnerving and nerve-racking but there's not much we can do other than wait throughout the service standard time period. It has been but a few hours into the day and still too early to say anything about how badly this lockdown is affecting/will affect things.
I agree mate. It is just my mind keeps playing tricks. Thanks for the support.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm

klownking wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:47 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am
klownking wrote:
@klownking
I agree mate. It is just my mind keeps playing tricks. Thanks for the support.
I understand mate. Happens to all of us!