ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:27 pm

So I thought I'd just post this here for info. I've heard people saying (anecdotally) that Home Office/UKVI are/can work from home but didn't see any evidence to corroborate. So for all those that have been wondering/worried whether this is the case and how bad the effect of another lockdown may be on decision times, if found this article that might help. I'm not pasting the link as I'm not sure whether it's allowed but quoting the article below (published on 22nd May).

Home Office staff in England could be working from home for the next year as departments limit the number of people working in their buildings to comply with coronavirus social-distancing measures, a departmental email has revealed.

The message, from Home Office permanent secretary Matthew Rycroft and second perm sec Shona Dunn and seen by PublicTechnology sister publication Civil Service World, sets out a strategy for staff to return to work in the coming months.

The department bosses set out a four-phase plan for staff to return to the office as lockdown measures are eased, which will see a limited number of people allowed on site to enable social distancing to continue. At the moment, all Home Office staff – apart from those who are considered key workers and need to be in an office to do their jobs – are working from home.

“For most, it is likely that this situation will remain the case for the next six to 12 months so if you are currently working from home, you should not expect to be back in your usual workplace any time soon,” Rycroft and Dunn said. “It is important that no one makes their own decisions about returning to the workplace and no business areas should assume they will revert to their old footprint.”

Given the length of time that employees may have to continue to work from home, Rycroft and Dunn acknowledge that many workers “will have practical questions about longer-term arrangements and what this means for you”.

Guidance on specific issues – such as support with acquiring the necessary technology – will be issued in due course.

“There will be questions such as how you can order IT [and] desk equipment, manage long-term caring responsibilities alongside work, or adapt how you are working so that it is sustainable over a more prolonged period,” the message said. “We will be providing more detailed advice on this in the coming weeks.”

The four phases
In the first phase, only those people whose work requires them to be in an office will be allowed to return. “Seniority will not be a factor in these decisions,” the Home Office said.

The second phase will open up offices to staff “who are prioritised for their own wellbeing as they are vulnerable working from home or who have health and safety requirements best accommodated in a workplace”.

These two groups of people are likely to occupy most of the Home Office’s reduced building capacity, it said.

It is unlikely that other staff will be able to return until government lockdown measures are eased, the guidance said.

After this point, the third tranche of staff to return will be those in jobs that can be done mostly from home, but which include “some duties that either cannot be performed from home or could be performed more easily in a workplace”.

And in the fourth phase, teams working on “highly collaborative, fast-paced projects or programmes” that would benefit from people working in the same building will be allowed to return.

The action plan applies only to officials in England. "For colleagues living or working in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, the easing of restrictions will reflect differences in approach set out by the devolved administrations, so please continue to comply with their guidance," the email said.

“Overall, our top priority remains to protect the health and wellbeing of all our people while maintaining the delivery of our most critical work. And our message still holds: you should continue to work from home if you are able to do so,” the perm secs said.

The department is working with unions to plan its next steps. It will later share a set of protocols to help managers considering when it is appropriate for staff to return to their workplaces. Risk assessments and guidance will be shared “to ensure a consistent approach across the Home Office and wider government”, the message said.

“Covid-19 has had a huge impact on all of us in different ways and many colleagues are juggling both work and caring responsibilities,” it added. “Whether you’re coming into a workplace, have continued working on the frontline or are working from home, we are extremely grateful to all of you for your flexibility and professionalism."

'A responsible employer'
Dave Penman, general secretary of the FDA union, said the guidance was “exactly what we’d expect from a responsible employer and is fully in line with government guidance and the realities the country faces over Covid-19".

"As has been consistently said by the government's scientific advisers, we will have to adapt longer term to some form of restriction. With limited capacity on public transport and the realities of social distancing in the workplace, staff who can continue to operate from home will be expected to," he said. "It is testament to the skill and dedication of the civil service that it has been able to adapt so comprehensively and quickly to these new realities, particularly at a time when the demands being placed on it are increasingly complex and of an unimaginable scale.”

A government spokesperson said: "The guidance for civil servants is the same as the rest of the country. They should work from home where they can, but those who cannot do that are encouraged to go to work, and there is guidance on how to do this safely with social distancing. Civil servants across the UK continue to make significant and valuable contributions towards the country's efforts to tackle coronavirus.”
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:43 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:27 pm
So I thought I'd just post this here for info. I've heard people saying (anecdotally) that Home Office/UKVI are/can work from home but didn't see any evidence to corroborate. So for all those that have been wondering/worried whether this is the case and how bad the effect of another lockdown may be on decision times, if found this article that might help. I'm not pasting the link as I'm not sure whether it's allowed but quoting the article below (published on 22nd May).

Home Office staff in England could be working from home for the next year as departments limit the number of people working in their buildings to comply with coronavirus social-distancing measures, a departmental email has revealed.

The message, from Home Office permanent secretary Matthew Rycroft and second perm sec Shona Dunn and seen by PublicTechnology sister publication Civil Service World, sets out a strategy for staff to return to work in the coming months.

The department bosses set out a four-phase plan for staff to return to the office as lockdown measures are eased, which will see a limited number of people allowed on site to enable social distancing to continue. At the moment, all Home Office staff – apart from those who are considered key workers and need to be in an office to do their jobs – are working from home.

“For most, it is likely that this situation will remain the case for the next six to 12 months so if you are currently working from home, you should not expect to be back in your usual workplace any time soon,” Rycroft and Dunn said. “It is important that no one makes their own decisions about returning to the workplace and no business areas should assume they will revert to their old footprint.”

Given the length of time that employees may have to continue to work from home, Rycroft and Dunn acknowledge that many workers “will have practical questions about longer-term arrangements and what this means for you”.

Guidance on specific issues – such as support with acquiring the necessary technology – will be issued in due course.

“There will be questions such as how you can order IT [and] desk equipment, manage long-term caring responsibilities alongside work, or adapt how you are working so that it is sustainable over a more prolonged period,” the message said. “We will be providing more detailed advice on this in the coming weeks.”

The four phases
In the first phase, only those people whose work requires them to be in an office will be allowed to return. “Seniority will not be a factor in these decisions,” the Home Office said.

The second phase will open up offices to staff “who are prioritised for their own wellbeing as they are vulnerable working from home or who have health and safety requirements best accommodated in a workplace”.

These two groups of people are likely to occupy most of the Home Office’s reduced building capacity, it said.

It is unlikely that other staff will be able to return until government lockdown measures are eased, the guidance said.

After this point, the third tranche of staff to return will be those in jobs that can be done mostly from home, but which include “some duties that either cannot be performed from home or could be performed more easily in a workplace”.

And in the fourth phase, teams working on “highly collaborative, fast-paced projects or programmes” that would benefit from people working in the same building will be allowed to return.

The action plan applies only to officials in England. "For colleagues living or working in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, the easing of restrictions will reflect differences in approach set out by the devolved administrations, so please continue to comply with their guidance," the email said.

“Overall, our top priority remains to protect the health and wellbeing of all our people while maintaining the delivery of our most critical work. And our message still holds: you should continue to work from home if you are able to do so,” the perm secs said.

The department is working with unions to plan its next steps. It will later share a set of protocols to help managers considering when it is appropriate for staff to return to their workplaces. Risk assessments and guidance will be shared “to ensure a consistent approach across the Home Office and wider government”, the message said.

“Covid-19 has had a huge impact on all of us in different ways and many colleagues are juggling both work and caring responsibilities,” it added. “Whether you’re coming into a workplace, have continued working on the frontline or are working from home, we are extremely grateful to all of you for your flexibility and professionalism."

'A responsible employer'
Dave Penman, general secretary of the FDA union, said the guidance was “exactly what we’d expect from a responsible employer and is fully in line with government guidance and the realities the country faces over Covid-19".

"As has been consistently said by the government's scientific advisers, we will have to adapt longer term to some form of restriction. With limited capacity on public transport and the realities of social distancing in the workplace, staff who can continue to operate from home will be expected to," he said. "It is testament to the skill and dedication of the civil service that it has been able to adapt so comprehensively and quickly to these new realities, particularly at a time when the demands being placed on it are increasingly complex and of an unimaginable scale.”

A government spokesperson said: "The guidance for civil servants is the same as the rest of the country. They should work from home where they can, but those who cannot do that are encouraged to go to work, and there is guidance on how to do this safely with social distancing. Civil servants across the UK continue to make significant and valuable contributions towards the country's efforts to tackle coronavirus.”
I have just read this document. Now, I can understand why the IDV app applicants are not getting faster decisions. Well, they don't have the technology to process the biometrics sent via the IDV app.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:50 pm

@klownking - As per my last message, the article was published on 22nd May. They've had quite some time since then, so the situation may be different now.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:54 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:50 pm
@klownking - As per my last message, the article was published on 22nd May. They've had quite some time since then, so the situation may be different now.
I really want to agree on this one but dude we are talking about HO. I hope they have the technology to process the IDV app submission quickly.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:57 pm

klownking wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:54 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
I really want to agree on this one but dude we are talking about HO. I hope they have the technology to process the IDV app submission quickly.
I said MAY be. Also the article doesn't explicitly state anything about the IDV app. So we don't even know if that was the situation in the first place.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
I said MAY be. Also the article doesn't explicitly state anything about the IDV app. So we don't even know if that was the situation in the first place.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:58 pm

klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
There are numerous examples where applicants have received decisions with IDV only. It is entirely up to your specific case enquiries. You need to stay patient and positive.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:58 pm
klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
There are numerous examples where applicants have received decisions with IDV only. It is entirely up to your specific case enquiries. You need to stay patient and positive.
I am trying hard to be patient & stay positive. To be honest I have a very straightforward case. 5 years in the same company no rejections/delays etc. In Sha Allah, everything will be fine.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
All
IDV only Set(0) applications ARE being processed. Just got my approval mail from atlas for sept 23 biometrics via IDV submission. Will shortly update timeline
Meanwhile will now be cancelling my in person appointment (free) in Croydon next week. The slot should open up, anyone on this forum please book if required on priority

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
klownking wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
All
IDV only Set(0) applications ARE being processed. Just got my approval mail from atlas for sept 23 biometrics via IDV submission. Will shortly update timeline
Meanwhile will now be cancelling my in person appointment (free) in Croydon next week. The slot should open up, anyone on this forum please book if required on priority

Congrats. Definitely think, they are trying to catch up with IDV submissions. In-person biometric decisions have slowed down barring few freaky ones.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:43 pm

From the timeline, barring very quick decision outliers, I think UKVI are back on the 8 week timeline for Set O which was their normal time line on standard applications.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:56 pm

navkant wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
klownking wrote:

All

Congrats. Definitely think, they are trying to catch up with IDV submissions. In-person biometric decisions have slowed down barring few freaky ones.
Many thanks to everyone on this forum. While it’s difficult to be patient in the absence of any updates from UKVI, this forum goes a long way in keeping us sane and sensible. Cullinan - if not for your advice would have gone in for a dual submission way back in Sep. Thanks for everything

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Congrats!! @Hsrsham1211
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 pm

SET(O) - It is as if the boss turns up to office to find his team working way too efficiently to his liking and orders them to slow down.
He fears people may not opt for super priority service when it finally opens up :lol:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:03 pm

poper wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 pm
SET(O) - It is as if the boss turns up to office to find his team working way too efficiently to his liking and orders them to slow down.
He fears people may not opt for super priority service when it finally opens up :lol:
You know what I was saying the exact same thing to my wife. It’s as if strategies are being reassessed every week as bosses see their dashboards.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:08 pm

SET (M) workers and their boss have probably left the business :lol:

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:59 am
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:29 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm
Has anyone from end of July still waiting for decision? I applied 26/07 (set LR). Still nothing. Am I the only one left from July 😥
Still waiting and applied July 28th! Hopefully we will hear soon- as decisions pouring in.
Hopefully yes. As my BRP has expired in Sept, I don't guess I would be able to see any changes in RTW website as what I have found here from the comments that it only works for those whose previous BRP is valid until the decision arrives. Only thing left is emails that I'm regularly checking. Is your previous BRP valid?
Yes my previous BRP is still valid! I've just checked the RTW website- and it still says the same validity!

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi ajitu92,

If I’m not mistaken you were making a chat for LR, is this still the case? If so, for august applicants on this forum, would you be kind enough to show how many are yet to receive a response, I counted 4 (Could also be a case of them forgetting)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Emp35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm
Hi ajitu92,

If I’m not mistaken you were making a chat for LR, is this still the case? If so, for august applicants on this forum, would you be kind enough to show how many are yet to receive a response, I counted 4 (Could also be a case of them forgetting)
I'm assuming you meant chart.

For Set LR August:
Total applicants = 40.
Number received decisions = 16.
Most recent application result = 16th August.
Number of August applicants before 16th still waiting = 4.

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:41 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:33 pm
Emp35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm
Hi ajitu92,

I'm assuming you meant chart.

For Set LR August:
Total applicants = 40.
Number received decisions = 16.
Most recent application result = 16th August.
Number of August applicants before 16th still waiting = 4.
I applied on 18 aug .. ..I hope i can hear some good news next week

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:44 pm

Lol yes my bad.

Thanks a lot , very clear. The first approval from august was late October right? This could potentially mean from the 16th - the end of august could almost be done within a week and a abit (If things go right), bringing the number of days to just under 50?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Emp35 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:44 pm
Lol yes my bad.

Thanks a lot , very clear. The first approval from august was late October right? This could potentially mean from the 16th - the end of august could almost be done within a week and a abit (If things go right), bringing the number of days to just under 50?
No worries.

Yes, that's right, first known approval (for August applicants) was on 24th October. It could be, but that is highly unlikely. It is currently hovering around 85 days and I don't think it will be going too much quicker than that. I would think it might go down to 75 days, but the rate at which things are speeding up is not exponential. More linear if anything.