ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to travel when tier 1 application is in consideration?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vv129
Newly Registered

How to travel when tier 1 application is in consideration?

Post by vv129 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi,
Wanted to have a clarification on two things...
1. Approximately how much time does it takes to get the hsmp tier 1 visa if applied in the UK?
2. Lets say i apply for tier 1 hsmp in the week starting 15th sept, and i have to travel to inida on 26th october. If i do not receive my passport back by then, how can i travel back abroad?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Unless your embassy can issue you a "temporary / emergency passport" or some other "travel document" (I believe some countries do allow such things), the only option for you is to withdraw your application.
Withdrawn applications or claims for leave to remain in the United Kingdom wrote:34J. Where a person whose application or claim for leave to remain is being considered requests the return of his passport for the purpose of travel outside the common travel area, the application for leave shall, provided it has not already been determined, be treated as withdrawn as soon as the passport is returned in response to that request.
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!