ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee and photo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayuyu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Referee and photo

Post by mayuyu » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi again lovely folks. I was wondering if you could help me with some questions I have regarding referees and photos.

1. I’m going to be uploading my referee letter soon. Do I need the referees to sign and write my name and DOB at the back of my photo themselves? Or I can just do it myself, paste it, scan and upload it?

2. The photobooths are closed these days due to
Covid19 but I do have a passport sized photo that was taken this March 2020. Would that suffice? My face hasn’t changed or anything.

3. Do I have to digitise my photo?

Thanks again. :)

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Referee and photo

Post by obormot » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:58 pm

1. You have to print the form, attach your photo to the form, and then referee has to sign it. After that you have to scan and upload the form.
The requirement to put your name and DOB on the back of the photo comes from the time you had to send the form in - so they could identify it if it falls off. So it is irrelevant now.

2. Just make sure that the photo is not the same as one on other documents you upload (passport, BRP, etc.)

3. No - see 1.

mayuyu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mayuyu » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:00 pm

obormot wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:58 pm
1. You have to print the form, attach your photo to the form, and then referee has to sign it. After that you have to scan and upload the form.
The requirement to put your name and DOB on the back of the photo comes from the time you had to send the form in - so they could identify it if it falls off. So it is irrelevant now.

2. Just make sure that the photo is not the same as one on other documents you upload (passport, BRP, etc.)

3. No - see 1.
Hey, sorry to reply this late. Thank you for your answer.

"Just make sure that the photo is not the same as one on other documents you upload (passport, BRP, etc.) "

I was scanning my passport pages and I actually saw that my Schengen visa had the same photo because I had that taken around March. Is this still okay? Or would you advice for me just to get another photo taken. (With this lockdown, I'm looking at digital options.)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:54 pm

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

There are rules about what your photograph should look like. To find out more about these rules, go to
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.