ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:18 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:47 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Belle01 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm
Something definitely went wrong with the mid to late August batch of certificates from comments here. Myself and hubby approved on 21st August 2020 and not heard anything till now. No invitation letter yet and when our local council got a big batch this week our certificates weren’t included. I work for another London borough and confirmed with the registry manager that Last week they got a delivery for July and now they got a delivery for September on Wednesday this week but August was skipped out and not delivered. He thinks the batch was missed out. So probably an administrative issue that has seen us left out. Hopefully they realise soon and rectify this. The issue is when will they notice the error has occurred? It’s such a frustrating experience after applying in May, waiting during the lockdown for the IDV app and ending up doing biometrics only to be pushed further to the back of the queue by an inept system. I hope we all get some good news soon.
I have strong concerns they will realise they whether sent the wrong batches (September!) or lost or forgot the August batches as they don’t communicate with us.
Because they switched off the emails and the lady at the helpline has confirmed HO does NOT want to get contacted by us by email anymore only in writing.

So how can they know now?
It’s an absolute terrible situation.

I hope councils will earlier approvals priority and delay all September approvals to next year.

Someone here is waiting since mid May. I hope councils will prevail common sense when HO isn’t able to.
I think its unfair what you say now! Some people have applied in 2019 and been approved in september for example, so its only fair for them to have a ceremony before somebody who applied in may 2020 and was approved in august 2020. They clearly have suffered for longer so deserved an earlier ceremony! I applied in april, was approved in september and i think i should have my ceremony before somebody who applied in june and got approved in august. Perhaps home office are sending invites in regards to how long the person been waiting alltogether..
Home Office made clear it’s about the date of approval to wait for everyone 12 weeks.
Many recent timelines have shown those applied just recently.

However you think what you wish and so do I.

I want to state out I wish no further conversation with you and not to keep tagging me after that.
For the reason you have been very rude in your replies to me in the past.
So don’t let’s start there again as I don’t let it come to your provocations once more.

I wish you you sincerely the best in your journey.

Good bye!

baybars1
United Kingdom

Post by baybars1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Belle01 wrote:
Something definitely went wrong with the mid to late August batch of certificates from comments here. Myself and hubby approved on 21st August 2020 and not heard anything till now. No invitation letter yet and when our local council got a big batch this week our certificates weren’t included. I work for another London borough and confirmed with the registry manager that Last week they got a delivery for July and now they got a delivery for September on Wednesday this week but August was skipped out and not delivered. He thinks the batch was missed out. So probably an administrative issue that has seen us left out. Hopefully they realise soon and rectify this. The issue is when will they notice the error has occurred? It’s such a frustrating experience after applying in May, waiting during the lockdown for the IDV app and ending up doing biometrics only to be pushed further to the back of the queue by an inept system. I hope we all get some good news soon.
I have strong concerns they will realise they whether sent the wrong batches (September!) or lost or forgot the August batches as they don’t communicate with us.
Because they switched off the emails and the lady at the helpline has confirmed HO does NOT want to get contacted by us by email anymore only in writing.

I hope councils will earlier approvals priority and delay all September approvals to next year.

Someone here is waiting since mid May. I hope councils will prevail common sense when HO isn’t able to.
I am afraid that councils are not in a position to deny somenone a ceremony booking if that person's certificate has arrived and there are available appointments. The approval date is irrelevant once the certificate has arrived at the local council.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:18 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

I think its unfair what you say now! Some people have applied in 2019 and been approved in september for example, so its only fair for them to have a ceremony before somebody who applied in may 2020 and was approved in august 2020. They clearly have suffered for longer so deserved an earlier ceremony! I applied in april, was approved in september and i think i should have my ceremony before somebody who applied in june and got approved in august. Perhaps home office are sending invites in regards to how long the person been waiting alltogether..
Home Office made clear it’s about the date of approval to wait for everyone 12 weeks.
Many recent timelines have shown those applied just recently.
Besides if you would have read my post I very much prioritise those people waiting since May and June than those approved in August.

However you think what you wish and so do I.

I want to state out I wish no further conversation with you and not to keep tagging me after that.
For the reason you have been very rude in your replies to me in the past.
So don’t let’s start there again as I don’t let it come to your provocations once more.

I wish you you sincerely the best in your journey.

Good bye!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:21 pm

baybars1 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Belle01 wrote:

I am afraid that councils are not in a position to deny somenone a ceremony booking if that person's certificate has arrived and there are available appointments. The approval date is irrelevant once the certificate has arrived at the local council.
Yes, I agree, you could be right.

However I believe those Spring approvals should have preference, but likely as you say there’s no way.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:23 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:21 pm
baybars1 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Yes, I agree, you could be right.

However I believe those Spring approvals should have preference, but likely as you say there’s no way.
Although my council stated out they work off their backlog by dates of approval.

LiverpoolYNWA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LiverpoolYNWA » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:12 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Belle01 wrote:

I applied in August 2019 and approved on 5 August 2020, still no invitation. Yet there are people who applied in July 2020 got approved in September and got their invitation. It's an absolute joke.

CheshireKnight
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by CheshireKnight » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 pm

For those who attended their ceremony, would they please confirm if the reference on the approval letter is the same as in the certificate?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:31 pm

CheshireKnight wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 pm
For those who attended their ceremony, would they please confirm if the reference on the approval letter is the same as in the certificate?

Thanks
It was the same on mine - but in 2016....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Szrsrts
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Szrsrts » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:33 pm

LiverpoolYNWA wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:12 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

I applied in August 2019 and approved on 5 August 2020, still no invitation. Yet there are people who applied in July 2020 got approved in September and got their invitation. It's an absolute joke.
I have approved on the 15 th August. Still waiting.

CheshireKnight
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by CheshireKnight » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:41 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:31 pm
CheshireKnight wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Thanks
It was the same on mine - but in 2016....
Thanks for confirming

Abi00
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abi00 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi all
Why we still have some guys blame others because they received invitation letter or even council got their certificate
This is the Uk , and the home office do not work on standard plan
It is random and there has no queue
Everyone of us treat with a different casework some are good and doing their job on time and some are do not care as much as others
No body goes with fair or unfair this is not war
My word to who envy and blame others to say congratulations
We are all share same pain , whatever someone got his matter done that is good
I do not care who apply first and who got first finally I wish everyone got his wish
Sorry if I disturb You guys
We should be together and wish better for us , do not we blame others who are not guilty
Life is mix feelings and opportunities , no one talks about fair
Happy weekend lads

baybars1
United Kingdom

Post by baybars1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:53 pm

LiverpoolYNWA wrote: I applied in August 2019 and approved on 5 August 2020, still no invitation. Yet there are people who applied in July 2020 got approved in September and got their invitation. It's an absolute joke.
Have you checked with the local council if they have received your certificate?

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 am

LiverpoolYNWA wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

Totally agree with you! Hence i am shocked that this guy is suggesting that he should be a priority somehow. Some people have been waiting for a longer time...hopefully you will receive yours soon!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:12 am

Dear Oxana, would you please like to stop your provocations now.

Home Office has made the rule to send invitations in order to approval date, they never said in was in order to when the applicant has applied in the first place. It’s not that I agree that’s fair but it’s what they said, what they do and what the model is created for example.

I made clear in my posts that those waiting the longest in regards to Home Office rule should be a priority.
I have in no words said I should be a priority to anyone approved before me. Why should I?
Also I don’t wish to be called “that guy” by you.

Again, regarding the previous negative experience and not to let it come like this again that an admin has to speak a warning and closing again this thread temporarily like last time, I ask you to stop your provocations, name calling and telling things I haven’t even said.

Again, I like to close that positively ask for no further provocations and wish you the best.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:29 am

LiverpoolYNWA wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:
Frou01 wrote:

I agree, it’s not fair. I sympathise with those who have the longest wait.
I hope you get your invitation soon. Fingers crossed.

Katie9
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Katie9 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:31 am

standrews wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:02 pm
Mo6193 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:03 pm
Katie9 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone had dealt with Glasgow City Council at all?
I'm from Glasgow. Got approved early Aug still no sign of invitation letter. Contacted ho but no response. Council is not giving any info until I receive invitation letter. Its so confusing.
Hi Katie9 and Mo6193,

I am awaiting from Glasgow too, would you mind sharing your timeline from from submission date to decision outcome?

I suspect as Glasgow city council has resumed the ceremonies well after the English councils, thats why most of us are still awaiting ...

I applied 13 Jan and being told of approval 01 July. Over 4 months but still didn’t get any reply.
i all,

I applied through a solicitor on the 13th July.
Had my biometrics 5th August
Received an email approval 4th September

I am desperate to get this all over and done with so I can apply for the job I want. Unfortunately Glasgow City Council do not want to disclose any information over the phone other than the generic “ we don’t know”.

My approval letter stated that it could take up to 12 weeks for the invitation to arrive, but looking through other situations I think this will be considerably longer

Mo6193
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mo6193 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:34 am

Katie9 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:31 am
standrews wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:02 pm
Mo6193 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:03 pm
Katie9 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone had dealt with Glasgow City Council at all?
I'm from Glasgow. Got approved early Aug still no sign of invitation letter. Contacted ho but no response. Council is not giving any info until I receive invitation letter. Its so confusing.
Hi Katie9 and Mo6193,

I am awaiting from Glasgow too, would you mind sharing your timeline from from submission date to decision outcome?

I suspect as Glasgow city council has resumed the ceremonies well after the English councils, thats why most of us are still awaiting ...

I applied 13 Jan and being told of approval 01 July. Over 4 months but still didn’t get any reply.
i all,

I applied through a solicitor on the 13th July.
Had my biometrics 5th August
Received an email approval 4th September

I am desperate to get this all over and done with so I can apply for the job I want. Unfortunately Glasgow City Council do not want to disclose any information over the phone other than the generic “ we don’t know”.

My approval letter stated that it could take up to 12 weeks for the invitation to arrive, but looking through other situations I think this will be considerably longer
I was approved 3 Aug. Contacted ho no reply.council not giving out any information. Don't really know what is going on?

en_ilegna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by en_ilegna » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:39 am

minikube wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:40 am
en_ilegna wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:21 am
anyone here who is approved early June who has not received anything yet?
Still waiting inv. letter from May approval
“ohh..it is just frustrating that HO said to wait until november but still nothing until now..

en_ilegna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by en_ilegna » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:41 am

raij wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:09 pm
en_ilegna wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:21 am
anyone here who is approved early June who has not received anything yet?
very start of june here - also no invitation letter , register office did not get my paperwork neither
hopefully invitation letter/certificate will arrive soon..

dtmann
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by dtmann » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:50 am

Dreams101 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:26 pm
LoreleiB wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Just received an update from Coventry City Council. All ceremonies are cancelled due to lockdown. They are doing virtual ceremonies hopefully in a week's time and will be in contact with attendees directly to organise them.

I had a group ceremony booked for the 18th Nov so I hope I can still attend an online ceremony relatively soon. Let's see what they say.
Hi LoreleiB. Thanks for sharing. My council is Coventry too. Received approval email on 18 May 2020, but nothing since.

Do you mind sharing your approval date, and the date you received you invitation letter?
Also, this is great news that Cov council are finally starting virtual ceremonies.
Can you please share how you received this update?

Thank you
Hi guys, I am also from Coventry City Council, approved 24th August but no Ceremony Invitation yet.

@LoreleiB did anyone from CCC staff confirm they are doing virtual ceremenies? Because "Do it Online" has been on their website for quite a while now, but about a week ago I was told they hadn't started this yet.

@Dreams101 it seems to be quite a long wait since 18 May 2020 ?
There is definitely something wrong in the way the Invitations are sent because this surely is not based on approval dates at all. It seems to be very random.

en_ilegna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by en_ilegna » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:02 am

can i just ask if someone emailed HO and received a proper reply and not just the generic/automatic reply..what email address did you use..thank you so much..

sulemanca1976
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sulemanca1976 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:42 am

Council - Hounslow
Application - 23 April 2020
Approval Letter - 21 sept 2020
ceremony Invitation Letter - ( waiting )

Best of Luck please post your application details

Ccouture
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Ccouture » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:55 am

Asazi wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:12 pm
Ccouture wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 am
Asazi wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:57 pm
I went to my original post and found it locked. It shows how long my journey has been. I hope this gives someone hope:

UPDATE

Eligibility criteria: 5 years refugee settlement+ 18 months ILR
Date of application: 12th February 2016
Rejected: May 2017 (10 Year rule)
Re-Applied: 01 August 2019
Date of approval: 30 June 2020 (letter received by post on 4 July)
28 October 2020: Council called to say they have my certificate and to book ceremony (I still have not received my invitation letter)
Date of ceremony: 03 November 2020 (Virtual)
Date applied for passports: When my certificate arrives tomorrow
Date passports received: With Covid plus a ban on international travel I am in no hurry. Just relieved that I am now a Brit.

4 long years but the journey is over.

God bless this site and all the helpful people on it. Good luck to you all.
Good morning, did you have your virtual ceremony on Microsoft zoom. Did your council send you logging details? I've downloaded zoom. I am just not sure if the process. Do you mind explaining pls. My ceremony is tomorrow in the AM
Hi there,

They sent a link the day they booked it.

All I did was download Teams on my laptop and mobile. I used the mobile phone on the day. It took less than 10 minutes and was a very good ceremony.

It starts with you showing your ID and letter (if you have no invitation letter, I advise you have your approval letter to hand because I think they just need to see an HO letter).

Enjoy yourself.
Thanks for yoyr reply. I did.

Ccouture
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Ccouture » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:08 am

Ccouture wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:31 pm
Good evening all, so I emailed my council this morning re: querying arrival of my certificate. I received a call this evening informing me that they do have my certificate and also booked me in for virtual ceremony this Friday 09.30am. Also after the ceremony my certificate will be posted on Friday special delivery. I cant wait for friday and to have that certificate in my hands. I will keep you guys posted. By the way I am a July 17th approval.
Good morning one and all. I had my ceremony yesterday morning as schedule. Thank you to all the members in the group especially to the genius Baybars1 who took the time out to create that module that provided me with calmness and sanity throughout my time of anxiety. The comforting words from the members helped me to stay positive, so thank you. I wish for the others waiting all the best in their journey and pray it will end soon for you....see you all in the passport line.

Ccouture
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Ccouture » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:22 am

Ccouture wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:08 am
Ccouture wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:31 pm
Good evening all, so I emailed my council this morning re: querying arrival of my certificate. I received a call this evening informing me that they do have my certificate and also booked me in for virtual ceremony this Friday 09.30am. Also after the ceremony my certificate will be posted on Friday special delivery. I cant wait for friday and to have that certificate in my hands. I will keep you guys posted. By the way I am a July 17th approval.
Good morning one and all. I had my ceremony yesterday morning as schedule. Thank you to all the members in the group especially to the genius Baybars1 who took the time out to create that module that provided me with calmness and sanity throughout my time of anxiety. The comforting words from the members helped me to stay positive, so thank you. I wish for the others waiting all the best in their journey and pray it will end soon for you....see you all in the passport line.
A great day for me today. My certificate only just came in the post.
Timeline
Applied January 28
Approval July 17
Invitation from council November 04
Ceremony November 06