ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP and other questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shail_v
Newly Registered

HSMP and other questions

Post by shail_v » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:19 am

Hi!
First of all, let me provide a background of mine.
I am a software engineer, working in India, about 8 years experience in C++,Telecom. My savings per month is about 40K.I am married and my wife is a BioTech PostGrad with 2 years teaching experience.
I have few questions about HSMP. Thanks for reading this post. Thanks a lot if you post a reply too :).
1. Is it the right time to apply for HSMP given the job condition in UK?
2. If yes, should I take the help of a consultant or try on my own?
3. I have searched job portals and found out there are opportunities for Telecom,C++ engineer. However, my friends in UK tell me that the job situation is not good?
4. If not HSMP should I try for Australia? How is the job market over there?
5. I want to go to UK/Australia as I think I can save more while living there. Though I have decent savings in India but looking at my peers/classmates who are in US/UK I feel i can try for more. Moreover, my wife can also get a job in BioTech which she is not getting in India as there are not many BioTech companies here. Do you think its worth trying for Immigration?
Thanks again
Shailesh

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Firstly, very few of your questions are strictly relevant to a UK Tier 1 visa forum, so you might struggle to find answers here.

Secondly, to help your future enquiries, be aware that the HSMP work permit system no longer exists. For some months now, it has been replaced by and incorporated into the Tier 1 visa, so all future enquiries on the subject should refer to Tier 1.

shail_v
Newly Registered

Re:HSMP questions

Post by shail_v » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Thanks niw2!
can you tell me where should I post my questions?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Sailesh,

You need to take a decision for yourself..But current job climate is not good in UK..this is not to scare you,or put u off..So if you want to take a risk,please do,but have some savings in hand and you shd. have lot of patience..again,you can get lucky and get a job in 1 week it self ,but it might not happen.

So if u have sufficient bank balance,have patience and willing to fight it out then come here..Some 1 whom i know had a very good job in IT in India,came here after taking a loan,and now he is jobless from last 3 months..So to cover his cost in UK he is working as a lorry loader..Again, his communcation skills and soft skills are not great,so cannot generalise but you can get depressed very fast in this alien country..
Lastly,good things come to those who wait and take risks..So think about it and take a call..Once u take a decision ,dont look back and never repent it...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re:HSMP questions

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 pm

shail_v wrote:can you tell me where should I post my questions?
Browsing the website would have helped.

For job related enquiries (in UK) - Employment offers and job seekers
For Australian Immigration - Australia or New Zealand

If you make an effort to search the net, you will find (many) similar discussion forums with country specific focus (Australia, Canada, New Zealand).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shail_v
Newly Registered

Post by shail_v » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:44 pm

Thanks for your replies.
Should I try to get a consultant/professional help for preparing my application or is it better to do it on my own?