ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS called to tell I am ok to book my appointment

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Biometric Reuse and IDV app email should be received within 28 days

Post by ibdo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi,

I was made aware today that any applicant should have received an email that informs them whether their biometrics can be reused or not and to download the IDV app within 28 days of having registered with the UKVCAS by UKVI customer representative.

I want to confirm if this is true because previously, the same service informed me that application processing time is 8 weeks. Which one of these is true? Any one?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric Reuse and IDV app email should be received within 28 days

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 am

Speak to the international student adviser at your university or see UKCISA's guide to COVID-19 related issues for Student applications:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... l-students > Making an immigration application in the UK:

Unlike other applicants, when you submit your Tier 4 student application online, you will not be able to make an appointment to attend a centre to provide biometrics. You have to wait for about a week to hear from the Home Office whether you will need to book an appointment or whether it will reuse fingerprints you gave in another immigration application. If the Home Office can reuse your fingerprints, it will send you a link to an app that you will use to provide a facial photograph and documents. If this is not possible, you will still have the option of making an appointment to attend a centre. You will receive an email explaining what you need to do, and Sopra Steria has full details.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Biometric Reuse and IDV app email should be received within 28 days

Post by ibdo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Thanks for your reply. My university has encouraged me to escalate with UKVI at my end, while they chase it up at their end. It is a week's deadline, so not having any initial emails is way over the advised time.

Our application seems stuck. I wouldn't mind the wait, but my partner needs to travel back home to settle business and him not able to return would incur financial losses. Is there any possibility to request an earlier resolution?

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

UKVCAS called to tell I am ok to book my appointment

Post by ibdo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:26 am

Hi,

I submitted my application on Sep 22 and then heard nothing from either UKVI or UKVCAS about anything. No emails to even advise whether I should use IDV app or book an appointment were sent. I kept calling UKVI to escalate and asked my univ to do the same. No progress with any of our requests. Eventually I had to involve the local MP, who also came back to us that UKVI cant locate what happened with the biometric reuse.

I then called UKVI again to ask whether I should just book my appointment and was told that UKVCAS should be contacted for any queries with regards to any emails that were not received. UKVCAS threw me back to UKVI. The very next day, I got a call from UKVCAS telling me that they were responding to my complaint about a question on their FAQ that was answered incorrectly (I hade lodged an online complaint for correction of the question about not having received IDV app email) and that I should book an appointment because the email ruling was for people who submitted their application after September 22. I informed my univ about this and they told me that all information was contradictory as updates on UKVCAS clearly say that students should wait for an email. I called UKVCAS to demand an explanation and was told by their rep that she doesn't really know what happened with my application and that she apologises. Now, in desperation to sort my application out, I have booked an appointment that has cost me a huge sum (dependants included), train travel to the UKVCAS centre and huge waiting time just because they forgot to send me the email. I am quite upset about this and wanted to know if its worth escalating it or at least ask for a free appointment or concession, as, if I had had received that email in time, I would have had the choice of going for an appointment that was closer, cheaper, or free.
Apologies for raving like that.