ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raveena
India

MN1 Application

Post by Raveena » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Hello Cullinan

I am sorry if posting in incorrect forum but my query is about MN1,section 1(3).Please advice me, I have read about your expertise in almost all forums.

I recently got ILR(LR) approved and now filling up MN1 for my children.

I have 5 year old daughter born in UK but residing in India from last 4 years.I have a 3 year old son born in UK and residing with us in UK.

Is it possible to apply online for both of them . For son I can upload documents on UKVCAS and submit biometrics whereas for daughter once paid online , can I post documents + online form+ cover letter to Liverpool address provided?

It says paper application are taking time to process in these Covid times and I do not want to block my original documents.Instead thinking to send attested photocopies of original documents. I can request in cover letter to send biometric letter for daughter by email.

Is it possible or should I just stick to paper form?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Hello Raveena,

Yes both your UK born children are entitled to be registered as British Citizens irrespective that your daughter is living abroad. However, the process will be different.

Note, for MN1 application, your daughter will be required to attend biometrics (digital photo) at VAC in India. A responsible adult/guardian will have to accompany her. Also, you will have to choose the correct option when starting the online form as she is outside UK. The first question for the applicant is: Are you in UK?

For your son, you will follow the UK procedure.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Thank you Cullinan for quick response. I started with my son’s online application and it asks if you want to add another applicant.
Can I add both of them same online application but mention her address of India as residence? Or
Should I submit separate online application for daughter to be on safe side?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Raveena wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:02 pm
Thank you Cullinan for quick response. I started with my son’s online application and it asks if you want to add another applicant.
Can I add both of them same online application but mention her address of India as residence? Or
Should I submit separate online application for daughter to be on safe side?

Thanks
I would recommend you to keep both applications separate i.e. different accounts.

Since, it may take longer for your daughter and it is a different procedure for outside UK applicants, I would recommend you to keep it separate.

Create a different account for your daughter and answer the first question accurately to start with.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you so much , if I get stuck anywhere I will need your help please .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:11 am

Raveena wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 pm
Thank you so much , if I get stuck anywhere I will need your help please .
I ran a dummy application myself (your daughter case) so I can assist you better with any follow up questions you may have. However, I would like to suggest two things:
1) Its pretty simple. Make sure you select all the right options i.e. outside UK, born in UK, one or both parent settled in UK etc.
2) Form will ask about parental responsibility details and also “responsible adult” for biometrics details.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:52 pm

Thanks Cullinan, I got following doubts:
1) I will be sending photocopies of daughter’s passport, is it better to have it attested by Indian solicitor?
2) Can I give UK referees instead of India? I don’t have referee who has dealt with her in UK but can provide professional referees + British ( family friends)
3)Just to expediate the process can I use scanned copies of documents that I can print and have her digital photo that can be printed to avoid delay in postage.Thinking posting might take take longer from India, I just want to submit application as soon I can .

Thank you so much for your advice to make separate application from my son, options are much clear leaving no room for confusion.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:31 pm

1) I know that you will get 30 working days to provide the documents. However, I am unaware about the attestation requirement or not. The checklist and next steps online should explain this further. Follow the steps as it is.

2) The referees requirement is the same. I would urge you to arrange someone who has engaged with the child in professional capacity in India like teacher, doctor etc and one British Citizen. If you can not arrange anyone who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, write a cover letter and explain why. Arrange two referees from UK then who know the child personally.

3) As I said, the document check list and next steps will tell you exactly how you have to proceed. If they require copies, I think it can be scanned and passed on to you also.

PS: HO will contact further for biometrics enrolment after the documents are received.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Thank you Cullinan for advice, will go ahead as per document check list and will arrange one Indian Referee.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:35 am

Hello Cullinan if you can help me please, my situation is very tricky.

My daughter’s passport is expiring in 1st week of December. I am submitting her MN1 Application on 9th November,2020.By the time we receive her biometrics letter her passport will be expired.

In this case is there any other document that can be shown during appointment such as birth certificate ( I understand it’s not evidence for photo identification)??

Re issue of passport is also not feasible because it asks to provide both original passports of parents and cannot be fast track application. My partners application was refused in 2019 and his appeal is still ongoing, his passport is already expired and is withheld Home Office. Also i believe it’s not allowed as I am registering her for British Citizenship and then applying to reissue her Indian Passport . Please advice me.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:52 am

As far as I know, expired Indian Passport for MN1 application should be okay plus it will be valid anyways on the date you apply.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Thank you , just hoping that they accept expired passport in biometric appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:31 pm

Raveena wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:27 pm
Thank you , just hoping that they accept expired passport in biometric appointment.
Should not be an issue.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Hello Cullinan.. wanted to give you update.. my daughter gave her biometrics today in Delhi,India. Initially they said passport is expired and system is not accepting expired passport but then forwarded them email that Home Office authorities have been informed of expired passport and that application was made when passport was valid so then they allowed. Besides this I was not able to retrieve appointment letter sent by VFS centre by email, it was password protected and encrypted and password was not working to open it. So they were not allowing for biometrics but showed them payment receipt ,finally they agreed.

I had query about my son . This might be wrong place as it’s related to benefits .I applied for his MN1 on 31st October, 2020 and waiting for result. He is in receipt of DLA , his previous leave allowed recourse to public fund. This leave ended on 5th June,2020 and I made intime application(him as dependant) on 1st June,2020 but then I varied my application On 28th July,2020 to ILR , he was not added in this application . I got ILR approval on 23 rd October, 2020 . I am in diellema am I elegibility to take DLA , Carer allowance and child benefit for him? Please advice me.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Raveena wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm
Hello Cullinan.. wanted to give you update.. my daughter gave her biometrics today in Delhi,India. Initially they said passport is expired and system is not accepting expired passport but then forwarded them email that Home Office authorities have been informed of expired passport and that application was made when passport was valid so then they allowed. Besides this I was not able to retrieve appointment letter sent by VFS centre by email, it was password protected and encrypted and password was not working to open it. So they were not allowing for biometrics but showed them payment receipt ,finally they agreed.

Great. It is sorted

I had query about my son . This might be wrong place as it’s related to benefits .I applied for his MN1 on 31st October, 2020 and waiting for result. He is in receipt of DLA , his previous leave allowed recourse to public fund. This leave ended on 5th June,2020 and I made intime application(him as dependant) on 1st June,2020 but then I varied my application On 28th July,2020 to ILR , he was not added in this application . I got ILR approval on 23 rd October, 2020 . I am in diellema am I elegibility to take DLA , Carer allowance and child benefit for him? Please advice me.
I pass this question for someone else to answer who has better knowledge on the subject

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Thank you Cullinan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Please post your benefits questions in the correct sub forum, link below.

claiming-benefits/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Please can you help the OP with your experience @Raveena.

british-citizenship/referee-for-child-w ... 10258.html

pavansriram5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pavansriram5 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi Raveena,

I hope by now both your daughter and son received their British passports.
I am about to submit MN1 application for my daughter who was born in UK but currently living in India and holds Indian passport. As you have been through the MN1 process, your help is appreciated.

1) Did Home office (HO) accept photocopies of the birth certifcate and passport documents?
2) Did you sumbit the documents to HO in Liverpool?
3) After providing biometrics where did HO send the certificate? India or UK address?
4) After receiving the certificate, did you apply for your daughters British passport from India? May I know the process?

Also, please advice on anything that I should be aware of. Thanks in advance.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:07 pm

Hello Pavansriram5
How I wish I had kid’s passport!! I am still waiting to receive registration certificate for both of them, should not take long, may be 2 more weeks. I will share my experience:

I sent photocopies of all documents. Her passport was also photocopied, every single page front to back , coloured and attested in India. Once I received her copy I sent documents to Liverpool address.I also had sent them cover letter explaining why I need to keep originals. I did send them email after that if they have accepted documents, if they can issue biometric letter as my daughter’s passport was about to expire. They did reply but bit late and sent me biometric letter. I am still waiting for the decision . So will definitely update here and regarding British passport application.
Good luck to you!! On average these days it’s taking 12 weeks for decision as seen on MN1 timeline . Fingers crossed!!

pavansriram5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pavansriram5 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi Raveena,
Thanks for your reply. I wish the registration certificates to be with you soon. I look forward for your future updates.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sat May 01, 2021 7:28 am

Update: On 20th April email received asking which address would like documents sent,UK or India?on 27th April,received letter stating application is successful and all photocopy documents that were sent.Still waiting to receive registration certificate.Will update timeline once received. Been long anxious wait for months but finally releived :D

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sat May 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Finally this afternoon received much awaited Registeration certificate .Now big task to apply British Passport from India.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 2:54 pm

Raveena wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:42 pm
Finally this afternoon received much awaited Registeration certificate .Now big task to apply British Passport from India.
Happy to hear. Just so you know it takes long for a British Passport application abroad. Hang in there, first step is completed. Good luck.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sat May 01, 2021 3:07 pm

Thanks CULLINAN for your help and advice during this journey. Yes,definitely it will take longer especially in this Covid Crisis,I will not rush and stay patient, as you said one step a time.Will keep updating.