ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR

Post by abutaher » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:03 pm

I came Uk as a student in august 2009 and after that I extended my visa as a student till July 2014 then I applied again for extension and my visa was pending almost 2 and half years and in February 2017 upper tribunal refused my appeal then in the meantime within 14 days in March I applied FLRFP that was granted last year and now I already spend 11 years here I could apply for ILR last year august but due to some financial problem I didn’t now I want to apply for ILR. Can you please tell in this situation is it possible to get ILR? I’m worried about my gap in 2017 February when upper tribunal refused me but within 14 days I applied again. So I will be grateful if you could tell me what’s the possibility of getting ILR?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Possibly paragraph 39E applies:
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... uk#pt1stay
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abutaher » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:08 pm

So do you think i should apply for ILR? Coz it’s huge money to apply.... do you think it’s a straightforward case? coz I applied within the 14 days of my refusal and the good thing is that application was successful. But still I’m bit confused and scared as well coz different people saying different different thing. But I’m pretty satisfied the way you replied. But I will appreciate if you could explain me bit elaborately that what should I do or how I should apply or is it be a straight case or not? And also can you tell me is my case is has any relation with Masum and juned Ahmed case?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:40 pm

abutaher wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:08 pm
So do you think i should apply for ILR? Coz it’s huge money to apply.... do you think it’s a straightforward case? coz I applied within the 14 days of my refusal and the good thing is that application was successful. But still I’m bit confused and scared as well coz different people saying different different thing. But I’m pretty satisfied the way you replied. But I will appreciate if you could explain me bit elaborately that what should I do or how I should apply or is it be a straight case or not? And also can you tell me is my case is has any relation with Masum and juned Ahmed case?
Before proceeding to Set LR, you can even request your SAR file to ascertain your entire immigration history.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abutaher » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Ok I will do that. But can just answer me or clarify me about one thing that, after my upper refusal from upper tribunal I applied FLRFP within 14 days, is that be fine?