ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependant child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sensoricaine
India

ILR for dependant child

Post by sensoricaine » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi, I have a query regarding dependant child. Gone through previous topics and faqs but couldn’t find the answer. Would appreciate any help.

I am on Tier 2 general with my child as dependent since the entry clearance. Both of us have total 6 year leave to remain expiring in February 2022. I would be eligible for ILR in January 2021. My wife had to change into her own tier 2 general visa a couple of years ago and would only be eligible for ILR in 2023.
I understand that my dependant child can only apply for ILR when my wife is eligible.ie 2023.
My child has tier 2 dependant stamp until 2022.

Q 1) Can my child carry on without changing into ILR dependant visa until the expiry date of the leave to remain as tier 2 dependant (2022) and later I apply for ILR dependant visa for her.

Q 2) Whose dependant my child is going to be until her ILR. Mine as ILR dependant or my wife’s tier 2 dependant.

Thanks in anticipation.

AD

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for dependant child

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:27 pm

sensoricaine wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm
Hi, I have a query regarding dependant child. Gone through previous topics and faqs but couldn’t find the answer. Would appreciate any help.

I am on Tier 2 general with my child as dependent since the entry clearance. Both of us have total 6 year leave to remain expiring in February 2022. I would be eligible for ILR in January 2021. My wife had to change into her own tier 2 general visa a couple of years ago and would only be eligible for ILR in 2023.
I understand that my dependant child can only apply for ILR when my wife is eligible.ie 2023.

Q 1) Can my child carry on without changing into ILR dependant visa until the expiry date of the leave to remain as tier 2 dependant (2022) and later I apply for ILR dependant visa for her.

Q 2) Whose dependant my child is going to be until her ILR. Mine as ILR dependant or my wife’s tier 2 dependant.

Thanks in anticipation.

AD

1. Yes. Your choice

2. Yours until 2022 then perhaps hers.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:27 pm
sensoricaine wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Thanks in anticipation.

AD

1. Yes. Your choice

2. Yours until 2022 then perhaps hers.
Thanks a lot for your time and advice.
As you mentioned ‘ your choice’
I just want to know if I have any other better choice.

BW
AD

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:23 pm

There is no quicker route for your child. The child will only qualify for ilr when your wife does and should remain on a valid tier 2 dependent visa until then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:23 pm
There is no quicker route for your child. The child will only qualify for ilr when your wife does and should remain on a valid tier 2 dependent visa until then.
Many thanks for your advice.
So, my child could carry on with my dependant tier 2 visa, which would last for one more year after my ILR. After that my wife’s tier 2 dependant or my ILR dependant?

Regards
AD

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:12 am

Yes, that would be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:15 am

Thanks a lot for your help.