ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 TO 10 year Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

TIER 1 TO 10 year Long Residence

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:25 pm

Hello - if I reach ten years of lawful stay in the UK before it comes time to renew my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa for the first time - do I still have to prove I have met the requirements of Tier 1, or does it not matter, since I have been lawfully in the UK that entire time and can just apply for long residence?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: TIER 1 TO 10 year Long Residence

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:50 pm

For SET(LR), Tier 1 Ent requirements are irrelevant. However, HO may carry out their own checks. Note, Tier 1 Ent applicants applying ILR via SET(LR) have reported longer waits.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:19 pm

My wife is on the same boat. Do you think sending some business documents like currant CAR and tax return can help to speed up the process or make it more complicate? Thank you.
:: sorry if I mention my question here. As it was not personal and thought it is gonna help the OG as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:42 pm

zamaha wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:19 pm
My wife is on the same boat. Do you think sending some business documents like currant CAR and tax return can help to speed up the process or make it more complicate? Thank you.
:: sorry if I mention my question here. As it was not personal and thought it is gonna help the OG as well.
Post in your own topic please and do not tag your questions onto other members threads. It is considered unfair and rude!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anontier25
Algeria

Post by Anontier25 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:34 pm

What does Tier 1 Ent applicants applying ILR via SET(LR) mean? Are there many sets on this routes?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Anontier25 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:34 pm
What does Tier 1 Ent applicants applying ILR via SET(LR) mean? Are there many sets on this routes?
Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic. It simply means an applicant who is on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur route but applying ILR via Long Residence.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.