ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU extended family member BRC and pre-settle status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non-EU extended family member BRC and pre-settle status

Post by minii » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:23 am

Hi everyone!

I am a non-EU unmarried partner of an Italy national. I applied for the biometrics residence card under EEA rule using the EEA EFM paper application back in September and received my card on 26/10. I have a few questions on how to proceed from now and am wondering if someone who had been through the same process can share some wisdom.

1. I received my BRC on 26/10 but to date have not received my passport and other documents back. I understand that HO might send the card and passport in separate envelopes and they might take some time but I see many people receive everything in the same day. Is it normal that the passport takes so long? Should I be worried?

I also tried the HO link to request back passport but I doubt it would work as it seems like it’s only for the applications that are still in progress. I’m concerned that my passport might get lost somewhere in transit. Is there a way for me to confirm this with HO?

2. I applied for presettle status on the day I received my BRC (26/10) and got the COA on the same day, but nothing else since then. If anyone had been in the same situation, can you please advise how long it took until I can expect a response from HO?

Also, for the presettle application I uploaded only the BRC (which says I’m the family member of EEA) as proof of relationship and my most recent payslip as proof of residence in UK. Is this sufficient? I provided lots of supporting documents for my application for BRC (shared bank statements, bills, tenancy agreements etc.), so I figured there’s no need to upload everything again for the presettle application. However, I’ve heard that some people upload everything so I’m hoping if someone can confirm this.

3. As far as I understand, after I’m granted presettle status I will need to replace my BRC. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the new card? Can I travel while waiting for it if my current BRC expires (on 30/06/2020) and I’m granted presettle status?

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Non-EU extended family member BRC and pre-settle status

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:23 pm

Hello

The Home Office should return your documents in a separate envelope. Usually, it's within a few days after you receiving the EEA card by mail.

For the EUSS application, the EEA card should be enough but I would upload the same documents as for the EEA application to ensure they don't question relationship.

Timeline wise, it's hard to predict especially at the moment. The last people I spoke to got it within 3 to 6 months.