ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this person permanently barred from the U.S.?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andrewnorris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Is this person permanently barred from the U.S.?

Post by andrewnorris » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:28 pm

My father was talking about a friend he knows who was asked to leave the U.S. in 24 hours by officials (didn't say who).

His crime apparently was signing a document that said he was an American citizen. My father's friend was originally from Africa but moved to the U.S and got a job there. I think time run out and he was looking for a new job. Apparently someone tricked him (a sting) into signing a document saying that he was an American citizen to get a job. Later afterwards in an interview they found out it was a lie and he was asked to leave the country as he'd committed a felony.

My question is, is he barred from entering the U.S.? He's moved back to Africa? What about going to other Western countries (Canada, Australia, NZ, UK, Western Europe) with a felony?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is this person permanently barred from the U.S.?

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Hello

False claim of being a US citizen is a SERIOUS thing. Never do that no matter what. Some people do it to get a job, a loan or other benefits. The consequences are:

- Deportation from US
- Never allowed back under any route (including marriage to US citizen!). So it's a life ban.

But this is really a US thing. There is no reason it will impact you if you travel to Europe or Australia.