ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visitor Visa Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alibeatz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Marriage Visitor Visa Please Help

Post by Alibeatz » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:02 am

Hello.

I am planning to bring my girlfriend to the UK from Pakistan so that we can marry and she can visit the Uk.
She doesnt intend to live in the UK until after 6 months because she wants to finish her work. Would it be fine if i apply for Marriage Visitor Visa so she can come Uk, we can marry she stays here with me for 6 months then lets say she goes back Pakistan and then 2 months after her work finishes we apply for a Spouse Visa. Please help.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa Please Help

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:20 am

Alibeatz wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:02 am
Hello.

I am planning to bring my girlfriend to the UK from Pakistan so that we can marry and she can visit the Uk.
She doesnt intend to live in the UK until after 6 months because she wants to finish her work. Would it be fine if i apply for Marriage Visitor Visa so she can come Uk, we can marry she stays here with me for 6 months then lets say she goes back Pakistan and then 2 months after her work finishes we apply for a Spouse Visa. Please help.

Thanks
Yes she can provided the following criterions can be met:
Eligibility
You must prove that you’re:

18 or over
free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival
in a genuine relationship
visiting the UK for less than 6 months
leaving the UK at the end of your visit
able to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friends
able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/eligibility

In substitution of above plan, you can consider to travel there after lockdown to marry her to keep the things more reasonably moving forward, because in UK there could be another lockdown putting all activities on hiatus again.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.