ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult Dependent Relative

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fergi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Adult Dependent Relative

Post by Fergi » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:36 pm

My mother (77 years) lives alone in India. I'm a British citizen and her only family member. She has been visiting me on 6 month visit visas for the last 15 years and always abided by the rules. However as age is catching up with her, she is finding the travel increasingly strenuous and moreover living completely alone in India particularly challenging (both physically and emotionally). Hence I am considering any avenues to bring her to the UK as ADR so that I can care for and attend to her needs.
I am a carer to my severely disabled child (full time wheelchair user, needs care 24x7); therefore it is impossible for me to travel frequently to India to arrange/monitor my mother's needs. It is well known that health/nursing care is not streamlined nor predictable there, especially with no family around to help and thinking about a future where both my aged mother and disabled daughter will need care continents apart is seriously affecting my own mental health. My daughter is extremely attached to my mother emotionally and helping with her care is the primary reason why my mother has been visiting us every year until now.
Considering these exceptional family circumstances, is there any possibility that an ADR visa (ILR) application will succeed? Any advice or pointers regarding any other available route would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Adult Dependent Relative

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello

The consensus in this forum is that this visa is not worth trying (in most cases).

The refusal rate is very high. Then, once refused, your mum will never qualify for visitor visa again.

The circumstances you are describing are not enough to reach the eligibility threshold for this visa. They place the bar really high.

You need to demonstrate that your mother needs your care around the clock for all vital needs and there is no way to arrange that in her home country. Finding the trip difficult is not enough.