ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Szrsrts
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Szrsrts » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Dorota01 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 pm
I have just received a reply from the Home Office that my invitation letter was sent on 25th October. Also, I should let them know if I still haven’t received the letter yet.
It is the first communication from the HO for more than three months.
I will wait until tomorrow afternoon (post comes around 1 pm) and if still nothing, then I will email them back.
Is it possible that it takes so long for the letter to arrive? It has already been two weeks and still, nothing came in the post. My council doesn’t have my certificate too. Unless the date of 25th October is the dispatch date and it still takes a few days from that date for the letter to reach the post.
Any thoughts on that?
Hi what email did you use to contact them? Please if I may have it?
Thank you

Dorota01
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Dorota01 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Szrsrts wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm
Dorota01 wrote:
I have just received a reply from the Home Office that my invitation letter was sent on 25th October. Also, I should let them know if I still haven’t received the letter yet.
I will wait until tomorrow afternoon (post comes around 1 pm) and if still nothing, then I will email them back.
Is it possible that it takes so long for the letter to arrive? It has already been two weeks and still, nothing came in the post. My council doesn’t have my certificate too. Unless the date of 25th October is the dispatch date and it still takes a few days from that date for the letter to reach the post.
Any thoughts on that?
Thank you
citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

minikube
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by minikube » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Dorota01 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:55 pm
Szrsrts wrote:
Dorota01 wrote:
Any thoughts on that?
Thank you
Hi Dorota, can we kindly ask you roughly how long ago you emailed them?

There are a few members also waiting for a reply for emails sent weeks ago and it would be useful to know roughly how long it took for you to get a reply.

Many thanks!

Dorota01
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Dorota01 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:07 pm

minikube wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Dorota01 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:55 pm
Szrsrts wrote:
Dorota01 wrote:
Any thoughts on that?
Thank you
Hi Dorota, can we kindly ask you roughly how long ago you emailed them?

There are a few members also waiting for a reply for emails sent weeks ago and it would be useful to know roughly how long it took for you to get a reply.

Many thanks!
I have emailed them a number of times in the last 3+ months however, the last time, I was waiting only a week for their reply. Considering the number of enquiries they get every month now and the feedback from other members, it was reasonably quick. I have already known for some time that I will wait a good few weeks for an answer from the HO so no surprise here. However, it doesn’t mean that I am not worrying. I do like everyone else.
What is worrying me is the fact that I still haven’t received the letter even if HO sent it two weeks ago. It could happen that the letter was lost somewhere on the way (not very optimistic approach at my end lol). I wonder if any of the members had similar experiences of delayed delivery (Royal Mail etc.)
The good news is that HO is sending the invitations letters and printing the certificates. I still believe that Baybars1’s model still works and applies to me and I need to be more patient. Checking against the model, I would get my invitation last week, +/- few days. I understand that this can even be +/- couple of weeks. BTW, I am joining all other guys to say a massive thank you to Baybars1 for being here and helping us. It means a lot to us, it definitely means a lot to me! Thank you

baybars1
United Kingdom

Post by baybars1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Dorota01 wrote:
Any thoughts on that?
I think that one other member may have posted that the Home Office had misinformed them about the despatch date of the letter. The member in question learned about this only after the Home Office had double-checked their records and corrected themselves in a follow-up email. Therefore, I would definitely chase it up, even if it takes a while for them to respond.

It is a telltale sign that your certificate hasn't arrived either that you might not have been given the accurate information.

Whilst I hope that I am wrong, hope is not a good strategy for getting things done, especially not when dealing with bureaucracy.

Good luck!
Last edited by baybars1 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mo6193
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mo6193 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:40 pm

standrews wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:28 am
Mo6193 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:29 pm
obormot wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:06 pm
Mo6193 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:34 am
I'm from Glasgow. Got approved early Aug still no sign of invitation letter. Contacted ho but no response. Council is not giving any info until I receive invitation letter. Its so confusing.
Hi guys:
My colleague just got his invitation letter for Glasgow council ceremony, dated October 27.
He applied on July 25, and received approval email on September 4.

He will try to call them on Monday to see what they say about the ceremony.
the number to call them on the letter is 0141 287 7677
(but on the city website they propose different number, 0141 287 7658, we are not sure which one is correct)

He is over 70, and concerned about covid - so he hopes for virtual ceremony, or might try to postpone..
Has anyone else received invitation letter in Glasgow recently please share the timeline.
My application date is 17 January and approval date is 01 July, I got my invitation letter to attend ceremony at Glasgow on 06 November (letter dated 01 October).

Hopefully you will also get it very soon.
Congratulations hopefully we ll get our invite soon

Dorota01
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Dorota01 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:13 pm

baybars1 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:38 pm
Dorota01 wrote:
Any thoughts on that?
I think that one other member may have posted that the Home Office had misinformed them about the despatch date of the letter. The member in question learned about this only after the Home Office had double-checked their records and corrected themselves in a follow-up email. Therefore, I would definitely chase it up, even if it takes a while for them to respond.

It is a telltale sign that your certificate hasn't arrived either that you might not have been given the accurate information.

Whilst I hope that I am wrong, hope is not a good strategy for getting things done, especially not when dealing with bureaucracy.

Good luck!
I will wait for tomorrow’s and if nothing comes, then I will definitely chase it up. Thanks @baybars1 for getting back to me. :)

Szrsrts
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Szrsrts » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am

Morning people.
Has anyone received an invitation letter approved in August specially Maidstone Kent County Council?

Thank you

awaismalik1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awaismalik1234 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:23 am

hey
has anyone contacted slough borough council? i am trying but no one answer. has anyone received invitation from them and if someone know if they received any certificates for September approvals

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:45 am

Anyone end of July approval received their letter on posT?
27th of July Approval, still waiting for the the invitation

lmannova
United Kingdom

Post by lmannova » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 am

Cost Manager wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:45 am
Not yet, approval 20th July..

rayyfar
United Kingdom

Post by rayyfar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:55 am

Birmingham city council has updated their message
"Further to the Prime Minister’s recent announcement concerning the nationwide lockdown from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020 and in accordance with Government advice, citizenship ceremonies will continue to be held. If you have received an invitation from us please do attend if you can do so safely.

We will be continuing to schedule ceremonies and will contact new citizens as soon as we receive their details from the Home Office.

Customers would normally be expected to attend a citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office. Currently although customers may have received a letter from the Home Office confirming that their application has been successful, there can be a delay of several weeks before they receive the second Home Office invitation letter.

Birmingham Register Office can not book a ceremony for a new citizen until they have received the second letter from the Home Office. When the second letter is sent to you it can still take several weeks for us to receive your details from the Home Office."

Szrsrts
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Szrsrts » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:03 am

lmannova wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 am
Cost Manager wrote:
What are your councils?

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:08 am

Szrsrts wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:03 am
lmannova wrote:
Cost Manager wrote:
What are your councils?
Westminster

Nik10
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Nik10 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:19 am

Hello,

Has anyone received an invitation letter approved in August specially Warwickshire County Council?

Thank you

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:23 am

Mine was approved in October still waiting for invitation letter, but had an Email from Warwickshire Council that they are currently booking ceremony for July approvals.

lmannova
United Kingdom

Post by lmannova » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:36 am

Szrsrts wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:03 am
lmannova wrote:
Cost Manager wrote:
What are your councils?
Greenwich

Belle01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Belle01 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:59 am

A bit of an update Guys!

I just rang the Home Office COVID helpline and they have confirmed that they got an update from the nationality team today advising that they are now dispatching Certificates for decisions made in August to Councils and we should get them imminently. Fingers crossed that we are nearly at the end of this journey.

lmannova
United Kingdom

Post by lmannova » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Belle01 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:59 am
A bit of an update Guys!

I just rang the Home Office COVID helpline and they have confirmed that they got an update from the nationality team today advising that they are now dispatching Certificates for decisions made in August to Councils and we should get them imminently. Fingers crossed that we are nearly at the end of this journey.
Can I ask what is their phone number please?

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Belle01 wrote:
A bit of an update Guys!

So they jumped the August without finishing July?

Vidit32
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vidit32 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello,

Harrow council has started taking appointment for citizen ceremony, I just booked mine on 12th nov, if anyone waiting please get it booked next available appointment is on 12 th and 17th nov.

Thank you

lmannova
United Kingdom

Post by lmannova » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:12 pm

lmannova wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:06 pm
Belle01 wrote:
A bit of an update Guys!

Nvm, found it and just called them. They are definitely nicer then HO. She confirmed they are now dispatching August certificates and rest of July should come anytime now so fingers crossed.

Cost Manager
United Kingdom

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 pm

lmannova wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:12 pm
lmannova wrote:
Belle01 wrote:
A bit of an update Guys!

Nvm, found it and just called them. They are definitely nicer then HO. She confirmed they are now dispatching August certificates and rest of July should come anytime now so fingers crossed.
SO are they dispatching today? or they already dispatched? They dispatch it with 2nd class mail so it won't arrive anytime now. Whats the number please?

MannyWarrior
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MannyWarrior » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Manchester has received over 200 certificates. They will be dispatching letters after Wednesday. They will be holding ceremonies daily from next week and private ones can be done from this week.

lmannova
United Kingdom

Post by lmannova » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Cost Manager wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 pm
lmannova wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:12 pm
lmannova wrote:
Belle01 wrote:
A bit of an update Guys!

SO are they dispatching today? or they already dispatched? They dispatch it with 2nd class mail so it won't arrive anytime now. Whats the number please?
I don't know, she didn't give me specific details. I also just spoke to my council who still doesn't have my certificate. :[

0800 678 1767