ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 4 Dependent visa to Tier 2 ICT visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chkrishna
Newly Registered
India

Switch from Tier 4 Dependent visa to Tier 2 ICT visa

Post by chkrishna » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello,

I would like to know in the current COVID situation, as a primary applicant to switch from Tier 4 dependent visa to Tier 2 ICT visa, I need to travel to home country or can it be done here in UK.

Regards,
Krishna

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Switch from Tier 4 Dependent visa to Tier 2 ICT visa

Post by poper » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:17 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

If your leave expires after 31 October 2020
You can submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to show your application is urgent, for example if you need to start a new job or course of study, please provide full details of this in a covering letter with your supporting documents.

You’ll need to pay the fees and meet all requirements of your visa as normal, except the need to submit the application in your home country.

This is being kept under review.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

chkrishna
Newly Registered
India

Post by chkrishna » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 am

The content on the link shared shows that it is allowed to switch to Tier 2 (General) within UK. Switching to Tier 2 ICT from Tier 4 dependent in the COVID situation is possible within UK?

Thank you.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:06 pm

The above section I quoted appears generic and applicable for all visas which require travelling to the home country
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

chkrishna
Newly Registered
India

Post by chkrishna » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Thank you. Irrespective of the COVID situation, is it possible to switch from Tier 4 General / Tier 4 Dependent visa to Tier 2 ICT Dependent within UK.

Regards,
Krishna

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Not usually possible at all for ICT. Tier 2 ICT also has very specific mandatory requirements to meet regarding employment for a certain period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.