ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Payment form query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reshmi_India
Newly Registered
India

Re: IHS Payment form query

Post by reshmi_India » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Hi All,
I have got UK tier 2 General Visa Stamped today,
wanted to know how much delay I can do to tract on this Visa,
Covid situation is not good in UK.
Someone says 30 days and other says 90 days.

And how I will.get BRP incase delay.

Any guidance please.

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:46 pm

reshmi_India wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:19 pm
Hi All,
I have got UK tier 2 General Visa Stamped today,
wanted to know how much delay I can do to tract on this Visa,
Covid situation is not good in UK.
Someone says 30 days and other says 90 days.

And how I will.get BRP incase delay.

Any guidance please.
This information is generally given on your visa. It must be 90 days these days.

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,

I have a query about the 5 year requirement of continuous stay in the UK for Tier 2 applicants applying for ILR. I understand that during any 12-month period, the applicant must not have spent more than 180 days outside the UK. My question is: if one is granted tier 2 visa and he enters the UK after around 60 days, will these 60 days count towards his 180-days limit? Or the 180-days are counted from the day one enters the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:32 pm

The delay between visa issue date and entry to the UK counts towards the absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:32 pm
The delay between visa issue date and entry to the UK counts towards the absence limit.
Many thanks for your prompt response. Are you aware of any covid 19 related relaxations to this rule?

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi,

I have got my 3-year Tier 2 (General) visa and my entry clearance is valid until January end. My current employer in Saudi Arabia is not accepting my resignation and wants me to continue at least till June 2021. Contractually, I am bound to give 2 months' notice period which I have given and I have asked for resignation w.e.f. 10 January 2021. However, they want me to continue at least until first week of June 2021. I want to explore my options here and the impact of choosing each option on my Tier 2 immigration:

Option 1: I resign from my job on 10 January 2021. In this case, I and my wife might have to return our 2 months' equivalent of salaries to our Saudi employer. Only then they will give us the final exit visa which will allow us to leave the country. However, the good thing will be that there will be no consequences for us regarding our Tier 2 immigration process.

Option 2: I resign from my job in June 2021. In this case, I will not have to return any money to my employer. However, I am not sure about 2 things:
1. My visa vignette will expire on 27 January 2021. Will I be able to apply for a new vignette that will allow me to travel in June 2021?
2. When the vignette expires on 27 January 2021, will my right-to-work in UK also expire or I will still be eligible for work remotely for my UK employer?

Option 3: We will get a semester break from January 1 - January 16. I do not resign from my Saudi job yet. In the semester break, I enter the UK, I collect my BRP and then return to Saudi Arabia before January 16. I then continue working for my current Saudi employer and my UK employer (remotely) until the 1st week of June. I then move back to the UK in June 2021.

What will be the impact of Option 2 and 3 on my future ILR application? In case I had to work for both my current employer in Saudi Arabia and my UK employer until June 2021, will this be a breach of Tier 2 immigration conditions? In a future ILR application, will I have to explain the reason for this absence until June 2021?
For Option 2 and 3 to work, my UK employer will also need to agree to this kind of arrangement.

Any suggestion/opinion on this will be highly appreciated.

kirannm
United Kingdom

Re: Duration of entry clearance (Tier 2 General)

Post by kirannm » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 am

BravoCharlie wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 am
Dear all,

I am planning to submit my Tier 2 (General) visa application from Saudi Arabia in the next few days. I have seen on this forum that almost all the recent out of country applicants have been receiving entry clearance for 90 days instead of the normal 28 days. Could anyone confirm if this is a policy now? I can't find anything online on this. Moreover, all those reporting getting 90 days entry clearance are from India so I am not sure if it's something country-specific or people applying from other countries are also getting 90 days entry clearance?

Many thanks in advance.
Hey, hope you’re well.
Hoping you could help me out here.
My husband is on a work visa in KSA, im a uk national
We want to apply for a uk spouse visa from within Saudi Arabia.
Problem is his iqama is due to expire very soon, can we apply for a spouse visa if his iqama is expired as I feel like if we were to renew it, it would mean he’d be bound in another yearly contract in KSA which could look bad on his spouse visa ?

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:36 pm

kirannm wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 am
BravoCharlie wrote:
Dear all,

I am planning to submit my Tier 2 (General) visa application from Saudi Arabia in the next few days. I have seen on this forum that almost all the recent out of country applicants have been receiving entry clearance for 90 days instead of the normal 28 days. Could anyone confirm if this is a policy now? I can't find anything online on this. Moreover, all those reporting getting 90 days entry clearance are from India so I am not sure if it's something country-specific or people applying from other countries are also getting 90 days entry clearance?

Many thanks in advance.
Hey, hope you’re well.
Problem is his iqama is due to expire very soon, can we apply for a spouse visa if his iqama is expired as I feel like if we were to renew it, it would mean he’d be bound in another yearly contract in KSA which could look bad on his spouse visa ?
Hello,
The Iqama is normally required to verify an applicant's legal status in KSA. A valid Iqama is required to pass the first test: i.e. your husband is staying legally in KSA.
I understand your concern. I think if you explain in a cover letter the fact that Iqama is normally renewed for 1 year and since your husband's iqama is about to expire, there was no other option with him but to extend it for another year. To satisfy the requirement that "You must intend to live together permanently.", you can think about some other evidence which you can provide to convince the UKVI that you really plan on living together. e.g., if he has a job offer from a UK employer, you can show that as evidence. This is just my opinion. I hope you will get more help from other members.

kirannm
United Kingdom

Post by kirannm » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:57 am

BravoCharlie wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:36 pm
kirannm wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 am
BravoCharlie wrote:
Dear all,

Many thanks in advance.
Hey, hope you’re well.
Hello,
The Iqama is normally required to verify an applicant's legal status in KSA. A valid Iqama is required to pass the first test: i.e. your husband is staying legally in KSA.
I understand your concern. I think if you explain in a cover letter the fact that Iqama is normally renewed for 1 year and since your husband's iqama is about to expire, there was no other option with him but to extend it for another year. To satisfy the requirement that "You must intend to live together permanently.", you can think about some other evidence which you can provide to convince the UKVI that you really plan on living together. e.g., if he has a job offer from a UK employer, you can show that as evidence. This is just my opinion. I hope you will get more help from other members.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will do that