ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa application - Outside UK - maintenance/ funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lubaz20
Newly Registered
Thailand

Student visa application - Outside UK - maintenance/ funds

Post by lubaz20 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi All

I am in the process of applying for student visa with my husband and one child. I will be the main applicant in the application and my husband and child will be the dependant in the application. We will make application as family at the same time.

Could someone confirm if we can rely on my husband's bank account for maintenance for all of us as we are making application as family at the same time? I do not have enough funds in my bank account but my husband has enough funds for all of us. Due to COVID-19; we are unable to open a joint bank account at the moment.

If we rely on my husband's bank account for maintenance requirements; will we get refused?

Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Student visa application - Outside UK - maintenance/ funds

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 am

It is covered in Appendix Finance, paragraph FIN 5.1 "Account holders"

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

FIN 5.1. Accounts relied on must be in the name of the applicant (either alone or as a joint account holder), unless one of the following applies:

(a) the account is in the name of the applicant’s partner who is applying for entry clearance or permission to stay at the same time or has been granted permission; ...
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

lubaz20
Newly Registered
Thailand

Re: Student visa application - Outside UK - maintenance/ funds

Post by lubaz20 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Thank you so much.