ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lomo

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by lomo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:53 am

If I've already uploaded the documents on the UKVCAS website, do I need to take the originals to the appointment? What documents should I take to the appointment?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:03 am

lomo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:53 am
If I've already uploaded the documents on the UKVCAS website, do I need to take the originals to the appointment? What documents should I take to the appointment?
Take all your submitted originals including passport, brp, biometrics appointment letter, etc. You dont need to print those documents which were soft copy only. You may carry them in your phone.
If UKVCAS discover your scans were not good enough, they may re-scan
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Samarpan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Samarpan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:57 am

nikhil_18in wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:27 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm
Ameline wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Latest reported was 16th Aug, you will be next! I would say you would get yours before the end of the week :)
Still waiting here- SET LR July 28th! Hope its soon, getting worried :( as seeing all these August decisions flood in..
I'm still waiting too @jamd. Applied 26th July. :(
Set O- T2G, Applied 10th Aug(Mentioned Driving Offence), Biometeric done on 1st Sept, followed up through MP, still waiting
Set O -T2G applied on 29th July..I am still waiting

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 am

poper wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 pm
@jamd12,

Your application should be in processing stage. Not sure if case worker is waiting on a response from a different department.
You should hear back soon. Hang on tight
Thank you @poper. I really hope so!!

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Fz420 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Set LR 18th aug ..still waiting.....is there any approval after 16th aug application
Latest reported was 16th Aug, you will be next! I would say you would get yours before the end of the week :)
Still waiting here- SET LR July 28th! Hope its soon, getting worried :( as seeing all these August decisions flood in..
I know! I keep checking everyday to see if you've heard back too! :( hopefully any minute now!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:08 am

jamd12 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

I know! I keep checking everyday to see if you've heard back too! :( hopefully any minute now!
Should be any minute now! Not sure why you guys' ones have not come through yet, but one thing to remember and consider is that caseworkers are not immune to COVID. So if they have to self-isolate/are taken ill, it would cause delays to cases being completed.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:10 am

Approaching 5 months now for my SET(M), no progress, hoping for the best

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am

The progress in general seems to have slowed down. No more swift decisions for Set O reported. My solicitors claimed that due to lockdown, home office has to reassign duties to staff that can work from home and this may well affect the number of cases that can be assessed in a given timeframe. I would think logically they should be looking at IDV applicants.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:58 am

gag285 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am
The progress in general seems to have slowed down. No more swift decisions for Set O reported. My solicitors claimed that due to lockdown, home office has to reassign duties to staff that can work from home and this may well affect the number of cases that can be assessed in a given timeframe. I would think logically they should be looking at IDV applicants.
I guess if you only look at this forum, then yes. But remember not every applicant is on these forums, or actively contributing. We can't really make definitive conclusions unless we see a sustained slow down. It's only the second day of the week at the moment. Give it some time. There have been previous weeks where there is no action for 1-2 days and then all of a sudden there is a flood of decisions. I would speculate that has/had to do more with the ATLAS system pushing emails than caseworkers not actively working on cases. Fingers crossed we see another flood of decisions in a bit 🤞
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:08 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:58 am
gag285 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am
I guess if you only look at this forum, then yes. But remember not every applicant is on these forums, or actively contributing. We can't really make definitive conclusions unless we see a sustained slow down. It's only the second day of the week at the moment. Give it some time. There have been previous weeks where there is no action for 1-2 days and then all of a sudden there is a flood of decisions. I would speculate that has/had to do more with the ATLAS system pushing emails than caseworkers not actively working on cases. Fingers crossed we see another flood of decisions in a bit 🤞
I really hope it is the ATLAS system taking time to warm up 🤞. I am on two other forums (FB groups) and the trend is similar. Decisions are trickling but only trickling with no real trend on application type.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:14 am

According to the approvals reported in this forum and fb, the slowest week was the last week of October i.e. before lockdown. I don't think this has slowed down now. Yesterday we had a total of 10 SET reported which is not bad for Monday, hope it lasts.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:26 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:08 am
jamd12 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

Should be any minute now! Not sure why you guys' ones have not come through yet, but one thing to remember and consider is that caseworkers are not immune to COVID. So if they have to self-isolate/are taken ill, it would cause delays to cases being completed.
Thats understandable. Hopefully yes. I'm also checking through my emails 📧 many times a day. It appears that we have the same caseworker 😉

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:29 am

Ameline wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:14 am
According to the approvals reported in this forum and fb, the slowest week was the last week of October i.e. before lockdown. I don't think this has slowed down now. Yesterday we had a total of 10 SET reported which is not bad for Monday, hope it lasts.
Guess my brain has gone into information bias mode. I am only looking at this from my own timeline as basis. You are right the way it had stopped in July / August , the current numbers are not bad.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:36 am

For those who keep checking emails every now and then, I setup an app(yahoomail, gmail etc..) on my phone and would receive an alert when an email arrives.
However I do keep checking my right of work every now and then :oops:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:51 am

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:36 am
For those who keep checking emails every now and then, I setup an app(yahoomail, gmail etc..) on my phone and would receive an alert when an email arrives.
I have the app and getting alerts on my phone for any emails that arrive. However I still have to refresh my spam in case any email goes there accidentally. Has your previous RTW expired? Or its valid still.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:51 am
poper wrote:
I have the app and getting alerts on my phone for any emails that arrive. However I still have to refresh my spam in case any email goes there accidentally. Has your previous RTW expired? Or its valid still.
Mine is valid for two more years

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:10 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:03 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:51 am
poper wrote:
Mine is valid for two more years
That's good then. Mine has already expired. Hopefully you can see some changes there. It would be great if there is kind of tracking service for ilr applications on gov.uk website.

azLondon2020
United States of America

Post by azLondon2020 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi All,
I have applied for SET (O) on Nov 2, 2020 and I have my UKVCAS appointment on Nov 16, 2020. I am having to travel all the way to Manchester from London because after many attempts of finding an appointment the soonest I could find was in Manchester.

I am wondering with lockdown 2.0 currently underway, how long does it take from your UKVCAS decision to the final decision on ILR?

I wanted to apply for super priority services, but as that is not an option I am trying to understand how long (approx) I have to wait for the home office to make a final decision?

Thanks! :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:52 pm

azLondon2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:51 pm
Hi All,
I have applied for SET (O) on Nov 2, 2020 and I have my UKVCAS appointment on Nov 16, 2020. I am having to travel all the way to Manchester from London because after many attempts of finding an appointment the soonest I could find was in Manchester.

I am wondering with lockdown 2.0 currently underway, how long does it take from your UKVCAS decision to the final decision on ILR?

I wanted to apply for super priority services, but as that is not an option I am trying to understand how long (approx) I have to wait for the home office to make a final decision?

Thanks! :)
Follow the timeline thread. It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jackyuan1017
Newly Registered
China

Post by jackyuan1017 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:05 pm

I had my biometric appointment on 27 Oct for Set (o) under T2G 5 years. Anyone on the same boat but still waiting?

I am considering resign right now regardless of when I receive the approval, but just hope the resignation won't impact the ILR application as my employer will have to notify the Home Office. Anyone knows about the immigration legal details in regards to resigning while ILR is still being considered?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:07 pm

jackyuan1017 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:05 pm
I had my biometric appointment on 27 Oct for Set (o) under T2G 5 years. Anyone on the same boat but still waiting?

I am considering resign right now regardless of when I receive the approval, but just hope the resignation won't impact the ILR application as my employer will have to notify the Home Office. Anyone knows about the immigration legal details in regards to resigning while ILR is still being considered?
You should not resign before your ILR is approved and you have the ILR BRP in hand.

Please keep your non-biometrics questions in your own thread. Create a new thread in the ILR forum. This thread is to discuss biometrics related topics only.

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

Post by raghuy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:12 pm

jackyuan1017 wrote:

I have submitted my biometrics on the same date. No updates from HO. Have you received any delay notificarion email after biometric submission?

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

jackyuan1017 wrote:

I have submitted my biometrics on the same date. No updates from HO. Have you received any delay notificarion email after biometric submission?

raghuy
Newly Registered
India

jackyuan1017 wrote: