ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for new born - (x1 Parent is Settled)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmoeed
Pakistan

BC for new born - (x1 Parent is Settled)

Post by mmoeed » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:35 am

Hello everyone,

We are blessed by a baby last month. I have ILR since January 2020. I appreciate he is a British citizen by birth. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I want to apply for his British Passport. Could you please send me a link to make an online application for his first British Passport.

Thanks in advance. Everyone Stay safe !

Regards,
Moeed

vinny

Re: BC for new born - (x1 Parent is Settled)

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:46 am

If baby was born in the UK, then yes.

Get a passport for your child.

Try to retain your ILR BRP if you choose to naturalise in the future.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks for a quick response.

Yes, baby was born in the U.K.

Thanks for sending the link.

Yes, I will apply for naturalization in January 2021 (soon I become eligible). Could you please guide me, what is the best way to retain the passport, while I apply for the British Passport of new born.

Regards,
Moeed

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:21 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:46 am
Try to retain your ILR BRP if you choose to naturalise in the future.
I believe there are provisions to retain the ILR BRP.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Could you please guide me, what is the best way to retain the passport,
Retain the ILR BRP, not the passport.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions and guidance. I have applied for my younger son's British Passport. I have sent original documents to the Home Office, which includes my Pakistani Passport, my BRP(ILR) and son's full birth certificate. Home Office gave me an option during the application, to pay an additional fee to receive the original documents back via recorded postal service, once the application is processed. I have also received an email from the Home Office, confirming the receipt of original documents. Is this a standard practice to send original documents to the home office?

I will need these document in for my Naturalisation application (in January) & my elder son's British Citizenship application (this December). Could you please confirm if I have done the correct thing in sending original documents to the Home Office?

Regards,
Moeed

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:06 pm

For British Passport application, HMPO requires original documents so you did the right thing.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Thank you very much for a swift response.

Regards,
Moeed