ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - FPN declaration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ogogzy
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - FPN declaration

Post by ogogzy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Hello all,

I was once stopped by the police for not having ag least a 3rd party insurance to drive on the road. I was asked to pay the fine of £300 and 6 points was deducted.

The incident occurred on 25/10/2017 but the letter from the police department came on 15/10/2018... what would be the date to consider as the conviction date as I would like to make my British naturalisation application after 12 months of having ILR on 28/12/2020.

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation - FPN declaration

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:12 pm

FPN alone is not a criminal conviction.

Were you fined by the court? If yes, only then it is a criminal conviction.

You must declare it though as the points will still be endorsed on your license.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ogogzy
United Kingdom

Post by ogogzy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Many thanks Cullinan,

Yes it was declared in my ILR application. I really do not understand if it was the court that sent me the notification of FPN, but the header says Warwickshire Police asking me to accept the offer of paying fine and points deduction within 28 days or case will be referred to the courts. I paid and was sent a letter that case was closed.. I just want to know if the incident date of 25/10/2017 will be the date to look out for when trying to show that I haven't had any offences in 3 years or the notification from Warwickshire Police on 15/01/2018? Or are you inferring from the above, that FPN alone itself is not a conviction even though my case was driving without at least a 3rd party insurance? I have done Scotland DBS and police criminal database checks in the past year and there wasn't this case on there.. please advise. Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Why was there a 3 months gap between the incident and FPN issued?

If your case was resolved without going to court via FPN only, the 3 years lapse is immaterial, as it is not a criminal conviction.

The date of FPN is what is important though not when the incident occurred.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ogogzy
United Kingdom

Post by ogogzy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi Cullinan,

I really do not know why it took long before the FPN letter came but the matter did not get to court. I have just remembered that I had two FPNs for different offences on same date as the vehicles MOT expired too.. so on same date, there was FPN of £300 for no insurance and FPN of £100 for no valid MoT.. I just don't know how things went that year....was a tough year when I had to do so many things at once..
Would this affect anything? Both FPNs were paid Immediately..it did not get to the court at all

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:30 pm

Declare both. You will be okay. More than 1 FPN is only a concern if it is during the last 12 months. No effect since they are old now.